Data throttling removed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

dw9906

Jun 24, 2010
Terre Haute, IN
www.facebook.com
1) it doesnt work anyone that thinks it does just happens to be lucky enough to not get throttled but it has nothing to do with this hack.

2) the hack is in the framework so it must be the same framework as the rom your running or it will bootloop.

but as stated in number 1 it will not work so no need to mess with it.

Thanks

Sent from my LG-P999 using xda premium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Update with paulobrein G2X pre-dexopt patch

OK. I did not originally create this, however I did the mod on other phones.
    I have attached a file for the ones like me where 5 gigs of unlimited (oxymoron) data is not quite enough. I can not get CW to work with mount/data, so I went with this method :):

1. DO A BACKUP FIRST!!!(The first time I did this I went in to never ending boot loop!

2. Download file, extract it, and place it on your SD or Internal memory. (Just remember where you put it.)

3. Go to settings, Wireless & networks, mobile networks and check everything except "Use only 2G networks". (When you do this you will not be able to access this again.)

4. You must have Root Explorer installed.

5. Open Root Explorer and go to the service file you downloaded. Hold down over it and select copy.

6. Now go to system/framework, click Mount R/O and select paste. Select yes to overwrite the file.

7. Close out of everything and go to Rom Manager and select "Fix Permissions".

8. Reboot and you should be good to go.:)

Proof for all the skeptics. Look at the download speed, time and battery %:

screenshot_1.jpg
    screenshot_2-1.jpg

ONLY USE THIS WITH THE STOCK ROM!!!View attachment 579089
    has anyone tried this on the latest eagles blood rom from oct 6

OMG. Ok let me say this ONE MORE TIME.

This DOES NOT WORK on ANY ROM. It is impossible to EVER work on ANY ROM .. EVER.

Geeze can the mod just delete this thread already?
    What does this do???

:confused:WHAT DOES THIS DO???

I am new to posting but been a long time reader.
    waiting for my new phone to get here tommorrow and I am actually off from work tommorrow so I have a long time to get to know my new phone.
    Upgrading from a rooted G1
    I installed the services hack with no problem but for some reason I get this error "Sorry! The process com.android. phone has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again." when I click on Mobile Networks. Does any one have the original "services" file from there G2x I can restore it with. Like an idiot I didnt back it up and copied over it.

Has this happened to anyone? I cant go into that setting now with out this error. I wonder if the dethrottling will work regardless? I still have to wait I only have 200 megs used out of 2gigs. I appreciate if someone would post the back up. Thanks my friends.

As instructions said, Make up backup! But in any case, if you go back to page 4 or 5 in responses u will see someone posted the original, in this thread. :)
    Yep, I just checked in SU and sure enough, it shows permission. It allows me to change to R/W in several areas, but once I enter system/framework it won't remount to R/W. In fact in the system folder it won't allow it either.
    I'll try to remove permission then allow again, if that doesn't work, I'll uninstall RE and reinstall. If any other ideas come to mind, let me know.:confused:

**Nope, after all of the above, still won't allow me to change it to R/W.**

Try and dl a SSH program from market and manually replace the services.jar