The Official "Get Something Off Your Chest" Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

yojoe600

Jan 10, 2009
Greensboro, NC
I'm sitting at home trying to pass kidney stones ( I'm 23 and its my first time ) and it is the most horrible pain I have ever been through... Thanks to medicine I can actually function today...

Sent from my Dinc... I mean Rezound

luis86dr

May 27, 2009
Jersey
I'm sitting at home trying to pass kidney stones ( I'm 23 and its my first time ) and it is the most horrible pain I have ever been through... Thanks to medicine I can actually function today...

Sent from my Dinc... I mean Rezound

Oh god, I feel for you. Very painful experience.

Sent from my Htc Rezound
Follow me on twitter @lmrtech

Reactions: yojoe600

luis86dr

May 27, 2009
Jersey
I really need to get this off my chest....

Today,

May 4th 2012

I've officially been rick roll'd. :mad:

Sent from my Htc Rezound
Follow me on twitter @lmrtech

evilstewie23

Jul 6, 2011
Guess i could get this off my chest. I just might have bricked my rezound!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I seriously need help in the s-off section in the general threads.

jayochs

Jul 22, 2010
Central NJ
www.dinosaurstakefrance.com
get somethin small off my chest, but...
basically the kid who got me a job at my verizon store was fired today because the owner and i uncovered pretty undisputable evidence that he was making returns in our system and pocketing the cash, and buried the paperwork (and shredded the others) so that he wouldn't get caught...i just happened to be going through last months sales when i found the first one which kinda triggered finding some more...so yeah, i feel a little bad because after all, if it weren't for him, i would've never gotten the job back in august...but, i mean, you steal from a small business where we're all really good friends, it's kinda f'ed up. now i have to work more hours to make up for him leaving, which is good i suppose (but i loved having my 3 day weekends :( lol )

ANDR0lD

Jun 14, 2011
I'm pissed that my girlfriend gets pissed at me so much.
I'm pissed that I cant seem to do anything right lately.
I'm pissed that my dmv instructor failed me for saving his life.
I'm pissed that Verizon declined my request for a job when I know more about anything there than they do.
I'm pissed that all this happened in the past week.
I'm pissed at myself that there is someone out there with worse problems and I'm *****in about mine.

Sent from my S-off BAMF ICS v2.1Rezound using cyan xparant tapatalk

[RETIRED]

*HTC Thunderbolt
-SkyRaider Zeus v1.3
-Ziggy's latest
-MR5 radio
-Ext. Battery

*Droid 1
-CM7
-Franco Xoom kernel
-ICS Themed

Nopi45

Mar 14, 2012
Lawton
OK got one for y'all of you. So how come can I buy a nice tablet for 400 to 500 and still can not buy a phone off contract that is cheaper than 600. Just wondering why the phone company's don't sell there on products and make more money then we just pick are own cell provider for the area we are in.

jayochs

Jul 22, 2010
Central NJ
www.dinosaurstakefrance.com
more or less the fact that he didnt do anything wrong enough to get banned, he stole some money from certain people and it became public so everyone refused to use his work at all
the comunity came up against him and he just left

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2
wait what? Scott did this?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using XDA App

N

nerdfacenyan

I can't ****ing stand my carrier, I have nTelos from Virginia, and I moved to South Carolina and their coverage maps are completely wrong, I get no coverage. Enjoy your BBB complaint, assholes.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using XDA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Note to Mods: If this is completely against the rules feel free to close. I apologize for wasting space and completely understand.

With that being said, I have noticed a lot of hate and off topics posts going a lot in this community: especially in the development thread. Why guys? It's getting to the point where we are pushing away really great developers. Here's a couple rules that I'd like to share.

2.3 Flaming:
    XDA was founded as a group of people sharing information about certain mobile phones. Sharing does not involve virtual yelling (flaming) it does involve working together to solve problems in an environment of mutual respect and understanding. Losing your temper and flaming another member, or group of members, is not acceptable behavior.

2.4 Personal attacks, racial, political and/or religious discussions:
    XDA is a discussion forum about certain mobile phones. Mobile phones are not racial, political, religious or personally offensive, therefore none of these types of discussions are permitted on XDA.

We should be trying to help eachother.... Oh yeah that's another rule...

10. Help others if you can.
    If you see posts from others where you can help out, please do. This place exists because people are helping each other, and even if you are relatively new to the matter, there's probably already quite a few people newer than you that would benefit from what you've learned. Don't be shy.

I understand people all have their personal issues and this can impact their posts. I'm not going to say I'm above it because I've gotten into some heated discussions, too. If you have to let some steam off--let it off in here. I think it will make everyone feel a little better and relieve some hate off other threads.

For example: I was at school the other day and I accidentally sh*t my pants... it was sooo embarassing!!!!!!

or maybe:

My girlfriend cheated on me when she went on summer vacation to cancun!

Those were just examples though... they definitely never happened to me personally or anything.

Disclaimer: Please DO NOT use this thread to start a flame war with other members on xda! This is just meant to get something off your chest and hopefully make you feel a little better. I know it works for me. If you have any issues with a member DON'T POST IT IN HERE!

Forgive me if I wasn't clear before, but this thread is meant to VENT YOUR FRUSTRATIONS! It can be in regards to anything, no matter how immature or stupid it sounds. If another member has an issue with that post, unless it's a personal attack (which I've already stated should not be posted in this thread), please just bite your tongue and let the poster let some stress out. This isn't meant to be a highly intensive, thought provoking thread. This was just meant for personal issues; seems like if it has anything remotely to do with phones people will relate it to xda and take offense.

And again... if Mods feel like this isn't a good idea then I will understand.
    Well said man! While we are on a roll; it really irks me when people get short with the devs for not delivering a release or fix in a timely fashion. These guys have jobs school and family's and still manage to turn out amazing works that they may or may not receive monetary compensation for. Be gracious and grateful to these guys or learn to do it yourself!
    Thanks

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using xda premium
    I had posted this in Android general a few days ago when I was raging. But this seems like the perfect sport for it also. Maybe it'll make people think twice before they pick the easy option of pirating an app.

I'm a fairly active developer for the android platform. I've created a number of kernel patches and applications that I have released at no charge to the community for about 10 or so devices.

All this I do in my "spare time", which I have very little of because I am a full time professional student who takes on 32 credit hour semesters.

Recently, since my 1994 geo prizm is literally falling apart and I was hoping to scrounge together a little bit of money to get a new car so I don't end up stranded on my way to class, I decided to release a paid application. Fastcharge / Force AC toggle which allows you to toggle on and off the force AC feature. A feature which I have personally implemented and released source patches for on a number of devices.

Not only in every thread where I released the patch on a device did I write up how to toggle the feature through the command line, but I also stated that I also implemented a toggle into my completely free application that you can also download from the market, IncrediControl.

In good faith and knowing how annoying licensing is, I elected to not include licensing in my application. This is a huge regret.

Within a couple days of releasing the application to the market I googled it to see if anyone was talking about it. One of the first links was to a piracy site where a user was requesting the widget, to which another user obliged and posted the apk to a filesharing site. Doing something I never though I would have to do, I filed a DMCA takedown request, which was answered quickly and the app was taken down. Monitoring the thread, every single time a link gets taken down, another user requests the app and the original user reuploads it, most recently to 11 different sites.

So now, after filing dozens of takedown requests. This user has decided to unzip my apk, change out the artwork, and now is going around releasing it as his own work.

Really, all this to avoid paying $1.50 (only ~$1 of it actually going to me) to an individual whose yearly income is low enough that he doesn't have to file taxes?

This disgusts me.

This is even worse than the 50% "order cancellation rate" that the widget has. I'm not stupid, I know exactly what users are doing, but yet initially I was willing to ignore it. But this has gone too far.

What is even the point of pissing off a developer so much that he is considering saying screw the platform all together? It doesn't even make sense. We, the developers improve your devices, generally at little or no cost, and this is how we're repaid. With ~50% of current users of the application having pirated it. To avoid paying just over $1.

Now before someone even counters with the "my area doesn't support paid applications" argument I've actually gladly GIVEN the widget away to a number of users who casually mentioned in the release threads that they couldn't download it for this reason. Not to mention, everyone knows there are apps that unlock the market in these areas to be able to purchase apps.

How much more generous can a developer be than to provide source code patches for a feature, provide information on how to toggle the feature, provide a COMPLETELY FREE way to toggle the feature, and then charge a measly $1.50 for a secondary, slightly more convenient way to toggle.

Yet he's repaid like this :rolleyes:.
    Thread closed temporarily while I clean out the crap...be back open in 5 minutes.

Thread cleaned - one troll banned for a while. Let's keep the thread clean now eh ;)
    Thread closed temporarily while I clean out the crap...be back open in 5 minutes.