[REF] Odin3 v1.30

Search This thread

rhondahz

Sep 17, 2010
Can I use ODIN to flash any rom

I have been lurking for quite sometime and eventually got the courage to root my phone and try to flash a rom yesterday. I ended up soft bricking my phone and using ODIN to restore stock back. I was so relieved. My question is can I use ODIN to flash any rom to my vibrant?

Thanks everyone on these forums....

wildklymr

Dec 14, 2006
I have been lurking for quite sometime and eventually got the courage to root my phone and try to flash a rom yesterday. I ended up soft bricking my phone and using ODIN to restore stock back. I was so relieved. My question is can I use ODIN to flash any rom to my vibrant?

Thanks everyone on these forums....

Only roms that the devs who create them say are odin flashable. Most devs here use the update.zip method because it's more reliable and easier.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA App

SnakeCarnifex

Jan 12, 2011
Worked for me!

1.3 was able to flash back to stock when 1.0 would just sit there after pressing "start" in Odin.

Thank you!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I ran across this about a week ago on one of the many other XDA forums (can't remember which one now).

It is an updated version of Odin3, version 1.30.

All the existing ROM's that I see packaged here that require Odin to flash are bundling Odin3 v1.00, and it seems people have tons of problems with that version. I myself have v1.00 stall/hang more often than it works when flashing.

I figured it'd be a good idea to have a Dev thread on this for several reasons.

1). For people to post feedback on it relative to Odin3 v1.00

2). To find out precisely where this came from, and whether or not it's the most current version.

Odin3 v1.30 works insanely better for me as it hasn't once hung on a flash for me......(yet), though given the differences we all experience in Windows versions (XP, 2003, Vista, 7, x86, x64, etc..) and differences in USB chipset hardware I figure it'd be a good thing to have some feedback and discussion about it's relative merits or lack thereof. :)

(i.e. Just because *I* think it's way better doesn't necessarily mean that it is)

I do know one thing for certain. If we can all discover a safer way to flash we'll all significantly reduce our chance of bricking our lovely phones.

(note: I figured it'd be a good idea to cross-post this here as it's gotten a bit buried over in Themes and Apps, and Odin3 is a Dev tool of sorts...)