[Q] Pressing vol down button to activate Camera app disables geotagging?

Search This thread

treestub

Mar 20, 2008
Hi All,

Is there a way to enable geotagging if I activate the camera app by using the "hold vol-down button to turn on phone" method? This is only a problem when I use the pattern lock. ie, if I use swipe to unlock, the geotagging option won't be disabled. I have the Korean F320k version of the LG G2 btw.

Thanks!

Reactions: markanth

markanth

Oct 10, 2013
Hi All,

Is there a way to enable geotagging if I activate the camera app by using the "hold vol-down button to turn on phone" method? This is only a problem when I use the pattern lock. ie, if I use swipe to unlock, the geotagging option won't be disabled. I have the Korean F320k version of the LG G2 btw.

Thanks!

Hi. Any luck tracking this down? I would like to have geotagging on all the time, yet it seems over time the geotagging setting gets turned off. It's frustrating. I also use a pattern lock and occasionally use the "hold vol-down" method to take a picture. Maybe that's whats causing it. From now on, I'll turn geotagging back on and will try to avoid using the back button to take a picture while locked and only take pictures after unlocking and opening the camera app manually via launcher icon. will report back in few days if every picture I take will have location stored. PS: I have the Verizon LG G2.

--Mark

whosdadog

Feb 24, 2009
It seems to disable geotagging when you launch the camera app and bypass the lock screen, either by sliding it in from the side while locked, or by holding the volume button. The only reason that I can think of is that somehow the camera app isn't allowed to access the GPS when the phone is locked, or there is some security issue that LG sees for blocking it.

ianhouser

Feb 15, 2011
Los Angeles
www.digitalafter.com
It seems to disable geotagging when you launch the camera app and bypass the lock screen, either by sliding it in from the side while locked, or by holding the volume button. The only reason that I can think of is that somehow the camera app isn't allowed to access the GPS when the phone is locked, or there is some security issue that LG sees for blocking it.

This happens to me constantly and it's infuriating. It's been a month since it turned itself off and I had no idea. I use the lock screen camera all the time, so that seems like a plausible cause, though on all my other devices it doesn't have that problem.

whosdadog

Feb 24, 2009
This happens to me constantly and it's infuriating. It's been a month since it turned itself off and I had no idea. I use the lock screen camera all the time, so that seems like a plausible cause, though on all my other devices it doesn't have that problem.

It's definitely exclusive to this device. I used plenty of Android devices that do not exhibit the same issue. It's related to something LG has done.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi All,

Thanks!