[Q] What is KLTE?

Search This thread

crimsonconcepts

May 18, 2010
I have been looking through the ROMs and such and trying to find something that will flash onto my AT&T SGS5, and I see a variety of references to KLTE or some variation of the acronym .

First off, what is KLTE? Is it just another way of saying 4G LTE Based phones, or is there other meaning behind it.

Second, I believe that the AT&T SGS5 is called the GM-G900A. What is the difference between the different identifiers that are all GM-G900(X). Is there only a carrier difference, or is there any hardware differences?

Reactions: moji_vb

lingowistico

Jan 4, 2013
Stockholm
goo.gl
I have been looking through the ROMs and such and trying to find something that will flash onto my AT&T SGS5, and I see a variety of references to KLTE or some variation of the acronym .

First off, what is KLTE? Is it just another way of saying 4G LTE Based phones, or is there other meaning behind it.

Second, I believe that the AT&T SGS5 is called the GM-G900A. What is the difference between the different identifiers that are all GM-G900(X). Is there only a carrier difference, or is there any hardware differences?

KLTE is the S5 version on Qualcomm with LTE :)

saber0091

Nov 23, 2007
I guess it's called KLTE because it's shorter than Qualcomm Long Term Evolution.:good:

Well, okay, that bit makes sense. But then it would be LTE, rather than KLTE. (On top of which I've also heard reference to HLTE)
Is this just another Kang thing? (Such as AOKP versus AOSP?)

Conversely, is there a term for those SGS5 devices that are not KLTE? ("International", maybe?)

lingowistico

Jan 4, 2013
Stockholm
goo.gl
Well, okay, that bit makes sense. But then it would be LTE, rather than KLTE. (On top of which I've also heard reference to HLTE)

Conversely, is there a term for those SGS5 devices that are not KLTE? ("International", maybe?)

The KLTE = All S5's that are based on Qualcomm's Snapdragon 801 chipset (including the "International").
K stands for Krait, which is the name of the CPU.
Afaik there is only one octa-core Exynos based model and it's called SM-G900H.
:cowboy:

Last edited:

Manku96

Jan 25, 2016
Hey dudes, I have a quiestion, as I known the SGS5 g900h is not a LTE (4G) device, What happen if I install a rom g900..KLTE from a post that says rom for g900..KLTE devices, will exist any problems, or if I Missunderstood something please could you explain me, Thanks, Have a good day guys

Hdjdjdk

Aug 8, 2016
hello I have a galaxy s5 sm-g900a vercion and wanted to set you cyanogenmod but not that vercion is for my phone (I'm from Latin America )

Thanks for your quick reply maybe they'll build for the vzw. Not a lot of roms and kernels available bought mine cheap only after I got online and saw the one I was buying was unlockable. Sorry for being off topic and for asking what many consider stupid questions I just haven't researched my s5 like I did my dead store dx for that matter.

This rom is sounding good. Can you long press back to kill?

Sent from kltevzw thanks dev's ! ?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

The KLTE = All S5's that are based on Qualcomm's Snapdragon 801 chipset (including the "International").
    K stands for Krait, which is the name of the CPU.
    Afaik there is only one octa-core Exynos based model and it's called SM-G900H.
    :cowboy:
    Awesome, been digging through 100's of pages for that answer, thank you!

A small update:
    klte = SM-G900F (International/European)
    kltespr = klte sprint
    klteusc = klte us cellular
    kltevzw = klte verizon wireless

KLTE is the S5 version on Qualcomm with LTE :)
    Bit mystified, isn't it? Any idea where it'd come from?

I guess it's called KLTE because it's shorter than Qualcomm Long Term Evolution.:good: