[Q] Start from scratch help due to stupidity!

Search This thread

xlancealotx

Jul 14, 2010
Daytona Beach FL
Can't title it any better. I was running Mj's BLEND ICS, and have been having problems with reboots, etc. So I saw a new version out and wanted to try that. I rebooted and noticed CWM was gone, and it looked like a stock recovery.

So I was reading up a bit and moved over the new version to the SD, then while under that recovery, I made a HUGE mistake and hit the power (forgetting that's [enter]) and whatever it was on it formatted data/system and cache so the phone is now dead (luckily not bricked).

On boot it sits at the Samsung title but that's it. I DO have access to both recovery (which is NOT cwm) but also have access to ODIN (huge + IMO).

So, I had the following;
BaseBand: 57 : 10.10 5.FD19
Kernel: 3.0.15-SPH=D710.FD26-XL467198

So naturally my question is what to do next? Back in my evo day's I ran CW7 and was very happy, I see C9 is out but the docs I saw said coming from GB, where I HAD ICS).

So the million dollar question, how do I proceed? Since I have access to ODIN, I would like to either;
a) restore a brand new stock rooted ICS for the g2 (note I am on sprint)
b) move back to either blend, or even more like to try c9.

Thanks as always to the group for all read/replies, out of all my posts/fun, this was my first facepalm!

xlancealotx

Jul 14, 2010
Daytona Beach FL
with odin this will be rooted and fresh

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1671356

Done, and worked like a charm. What is the best way to keep current with full version's of stock ROM's, modem's, etc. I see threads pop up, I know the letters refer to months, etc. but is there a standard place people look or subscribe?

---------- Post added at 10:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:42 PM ----------

then use this to install cwm

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1342728

option d: for cwm on ics

later on when u have cwm flash calkulins format all b4 you install any ics rom

Waiting on part 2. Past few ROM's have had their bugs, I do want to get CWM for backup purposes, but will do in a few.

Thanks again.

Do you have a solid blue led?

Didn't think so, I would equate it to an ok linux boot partition but the other partitions were wiped (which is why once I could get into ODIN I knew I would be ok, just wanted to make sure I had the correct stock ROM)