How to port an App?

Search This thread

Insignificant

Dec 10, 2010
Hi, i've got a little problem.
I mistakenly deleted an App from another account. This app is no longer available in the Appstore. But i've got it installed on my secondary account. How can i port it back? I know it's still installed, but not accessible for the second account. Any ideas?

GoodDayToDie

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 20, 2011
Seattle
That... is probably not easy. Anybody have a better suggestion that re-packaging the .APPX file and sideloading it? That's not a good solution, really, but I can't think of a better one offhand.

Insignificant

Dec 10, 2010
No one else got an idea?

I really don't want to sideload it. I thought someone would know what registry keys i would need to do it. I looked around and found a lot in the local user registry. I thought maybe just copy them over to get access to it, or something like that.

GoodDayToDie

Jan 20, 2011
Seattle
You could certainly try that. I'm afraid I don't really know how the modern app launching works, or I'd suggest just trying to create a launcher link right to the app. You can't start them the same way as desktop apps though, even when they have EXE files.

Sent from my Samsung ATIV S SGH-T899M using XDA Windows Phone 7 App

cx1

Aug 14, 2007
You could try coping the folders over. C:\Program Files\WindowsApps is where they are located. The folder is hidden and you have to take ownership to open.

GoodDayToDie

Jan 20, 2011
Seattle
Copy it over from what? It's another profile on the same computer. All profiles run apps from the same location...