[Q] S OFF Help please

Search This thread

dug13

Dec 12, 2009
I am rooted unlocked. I have tried to get s off using revone and it failed. I have the M7 with HBOOT 1.57 and software 5.03.651.3, sense 6. I can not find a method to gain S OFF for this setup. Can someone tell me if there is a way?

I also cannot install xposed frame work following the instructions for the HTC One apk and .zip.

Am I alone or are others having the same issues?
TIA

Aldo101t

Mar 9, 2012
Pittsburgh
HTC U11
Google Pixel 7 Pro
I am rooted unlocked. I have tried to get s off using revone and it failed. I have the M7 with HBOOT 1.57 and software 5.03.651.3, sense 6. I can not find a method to gain S OFF for this setup. Can someone tell me if there is a way?

I also cannot install xposed frame work following the instructions for the HTC One apk and .zip.

Am I alone or are others having the same issues?
TIA

you'll have to use firewater or sunshine to get s-off with that hboot.

Aldo101t

Mar 9, 2012
Pittsburgh
HTC U11
Google Pixel 7 Pro
I am on stock kit kat, will firewater work with 1.57?
Also has anybody sett up xposed framework on a 5.03.651.3 software with hboot 1.57?

I think firewater will work with a custom kernel

as far as xposed it should work ok. I've been using it right along but I have an engineered bootloader.shouldn't make any difference

you install xposed framework as an apk, not a zip, install the apk like any other apk then install the framework from within the apk and reboot to activate

Last edited:

dug13

Dec 12, 2009
I think firewater will work with a custom kernel

as far as xposed it should work ok. I've been using it right along but I have an engineered bootloader.shouldn't make any difference

you install xposed framework as an apk, not a zip, install the apk like any other apk then install the framework from within the apk and reboot to activate

thanks for the replies. So if understand corectly with my stock rooted set up (see OP) there is no current way to gain S OFF?

StormyNight

Dec 31, 2013
Hyderabad
thanks for the replies. So if understand corectly with my stock rooted set up (see OP) there is no current way to gain S OFF?

@Aldo101t I think it'll work if you flash CM11.

EDIT: Not 100% sure though, but I'll read around and see what I can find. If I remember correctly, firewater uses a kernel exploit so it does depend on what ROM you use. Kangaroo Kernel for example, since it uses the newest stuff is not supported by firewater.

EDIT2: Got some proof to back my claim.

Last edited:
Reactions: Aldo101t

Pew446

Oct 9, 2013

EDIT: Not 100% sure though, but I'll read around and see what I can find. If I remember correctly, firewater uses a kernel exploit so it does depend on what ROM you use. Kangaroo Kernel for example, since it uses the newest stuff is not supported by firewater.

I did this using the latest CM11 build, and firewater said:

The first bottle is open
chugging..........
whelp, that bottle is empty, opening bottle 2
chugging..........

I let it sit there for 30 minutes, despite the 2 minute warning, and it didn't do anything. I have the exact same HBOOT as OP. Not sure what to do.

Pew446

Oct 9, 2013
I did this using the latest CM11 build, and firewater said:

I let it sit there for 30 minutes, despite the 2 minute warning, and it didn't do anything. I have the exact same HBOOT as OP. Not sure what to do.

I finally got it, here is what I did and used in hopes it will help OP:

First, I was stuck at the white HTC Logo thing, and that was cause I was missing the radio somehow. I got the latest from here and flashed it in recovery.

Then I flashed this ROM.

Then I flashed this Kernel. <-- Important!

Then follow the firewater instructions, and it should work first time.

Let me know if you need help, OP, I might be able to help.

dug13

Dec 12, 2009

First, I was stuck at the white HTC Logo thing, and that was cause I was missing the radio somehow. I got the latest from here and flashed it in recovery.

Then I flashed this ROM.

Thanks for confirming that you can get s off- But I do not want to put a custom rom or kernel on, hard to believe this is the only way to get S off with HB 1.57
Curious though- does firewater or any other methods allow you to turn it back to S on and remove the *TAMPERED* flag like revone does?
Also the kernel you posted says its for JB roms- I have KK.

Last edited:

dug13

Dec 12, 2009
What if?

Thanks for confirming that you can get s off- But I do not want to put a custom rom or kernel on, hard to believe this is the only way to get S off with HB 1.57
Curious though- does firewater or any other methods allow you to turn it back to S on and remove the *TAMPERED* flag like revone does?
Also the kernel you posted says its for JB roms- I have KK.

Would creating a twrp backup of my stock rom and kernel, then installing a custom kernel to use firewater for S OFF, Could I return to the stock kernel via TWRP and would the phone remain in S OFF?

Pew446

Oct 9, 2013
Would creating a twrp backup of my stock rom and kernel, then installing a custom kernel to use firewater for S OFF, Could I return to the stock kernel via TWRP and would the phone remain in S OFF?

Yes :) Just be careful not to wipe your SD card (or copy it to your computer to be sure)

Doomers

Sep 1, 2014
Finally something works!

Then I flashed this ROM.

Pew, I wish I had stumbled across your thread much earlier! I have been attempting to S-off my Sprint M7 for three days with no luck on a ridiculous number of combinations! Your method outlined above was the first one to work and it took no time at all! Thanks for being a lifesaver bud. :good::good:

Pew446

Oct 9, 2013
Pew, I wish I had stumbled across your thread much earlier! I have been attempting to S-off my Sprint M7 for three days with no luck on a ridiculous number of combinations! Your method outlined above was the first one to work and it took no time at all! Thanks for being a lifesaver bud. :good::good:

No problem! I had just as much trouble as you did, nothing was working, but finally some combination did the trick. :) I hope this keeps helping people in the future.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.