Official ICS & JELLY BEAN discussion/speculation thread

Search This thread

eantonykurien

Jul 23, 2012
Kochi
Google experience

Hi folks, i have a galaxy tab 10.1 P7500 3G.:confused: i want to know whether there is a completely functioning cm9 for this ?i rooted my galaxy w and installed cm9 its working great. i just hate touch wiz. i really need my front cam to work. so please suggest me. thanks a million . cheers:good:

Jay Rock

Sep 27, 2011
San Diego
Hi folks, i have a galaxy tab 10.1 P7500 3G.:confused: i want to know whether there is a completely functioning cm9 for this ?i rooted my galaxy w and installed cm9 its working great. i just hate touch wiz. i really need my front cam to work. so please suggest me. thanks a million . cheers:good:

Go to get.cm

P4 on the list. Who needs CM9 when you have CM10.

Compendyum

May 5, 2012
Porto
CM10, the best choice so far.

I must say after flashing (properly) CM10 in my Gtab 10.1, i find it to be the most fast and stable rom so far.

I had CM9 and i was happy with it, some minor bugs were still floating around, nothing special, still very usable in a daily basis.

I messed a bit around with kernels and probably jumped some wipes, witch made me had a borked CM10 installation, and i was clearly unhappy with its lag and constant reboots. Instead of coming here complaining, i Odin´d it with a stock rom (ics UK) and properly flashed it CM10. Now i have a different tab, completely fast, and snappier then ever.:D No more wifi drops, random reboots or fc´s, fast boot, no lag while streaming, only a little random flicker, fast and not constant.

Thanks to all developers, cyanogen team, and of course, pershoot and his skills.

cheers to all.
:fingers-crossed:

crazyanks

Dec 4, 2012
latest CM for tab 10.1 4G P7500R

I have stock rom in my tab 10.1 4G P7500R. I want to root it and also use latest CM for it. Kindly help. Also it is sim locked. How can i unlock it.
Thank you.

H. Ess

Dec 19, 2012
Brampton

enkhtwshn

Nov 21, 2012
Ulaanbaatar
Well custom roms wont go far because p75xx haven't got the 4.1.2 or 4.2
I hope Pershoot and the CM ,AOKP team will do some "project butter"... really hoping that they do the multi window thing and mix tab2 ui with tab1
Well tab2 got the official JB update so they will use that rom to do something with ours . kind of surprised that i want so much from my tab and the developers team .
Great respect for them .

scottwen

Feb 7, 2012
android.process.acore error

I flashed my samsung galaxy tab 10.1 (GT-P7510) to official ICS 4.0.4 (Build number IMM76D.DXLP5).
It boots ok, but it shows message "Android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly". what I should do to solve this problem?

Cheers,
Scott

rupene

Feb 9, 2013
I must say after flashing (properly) CM10 in my Gtab 10.1, i find it to be the most fast and stable rom so far.

I had CM9 and i was happy with it, some minor bugs were still floating around, nothing special, still very usable in a daily basis.

I messed a bit around with kernels and probably jumped some wipes, witch made me had a borked CM10 installation, and i was clearly unhappy with its lag and constant reboots. Instead of coming here complaining, i Odin´d it with a stock rom (ics UK) and properly flashed it CM10. Now i have a different tab, completely fast, and snappier then ever.:D No more wifi drops, random reboots or fc´s, fast boot, no lag while streaming, only a little random flicker, fast and not constant.

Thanks to all developers, cyanogen team, and of course, pershoot and his skills.

cheers to all.
:fingers-crossed:

Am running a rooted 7500 with stock ics, halo launcher, set CPU, A1 kernal overclocked to 1400. Its awesomely quick with no lag and no flicker.

gismo694

Feb 16, 2013
Help !!!

I was wondering if someone could possibly help me??
I bought a tab off ebay but the firmware region is China. This would not be bad except it doesnt come with google play. It runs on droid 4.1.1 but NO google play. Im thinking its a censor thing?
I have got the jellybean firmware package (europe) ready to put on the tab but when I try to (via Odin) it fails!!
What should I be doing?
Should I be clearing the Dalvik cache beforehand?
Anywayz....Cheers for anyone who has given me the time of day and read this.

nakedninja42

Oct 28, 2009
Bay Area, CA
I was wondering if someone could possibly help me??
I bought a tab off ebay but the firmware region is China. This would not be bad except it doesnt come with google play. It runs on droid 4.1.1 but NO google play. Im thinking its a censor thing?
I have got the jellybean firmware package (europe) ready to put on the tab but when I try to (via Odin) it fails!!
What should I be doing?
Should I be clearing the Dalvik cache beforehand?
Anywayz....Cheers for anyone who has given me the time of day and read this.

First off, let's verify what tab you have, is the the Galaxy Tab 10.1 (first gen) which is P75xx (depends if you have WiFi w/ or w/o 3G). Or do you have the second gen P51xx.

If you have the latter, your in the wrong section as this is first gen. If you have the former, you have the wrong firmware since jellybean never released for the first gen Galaxy Tab 10.1 from Samsung.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Nov 9, 2012
Pershoot already said 10.1v kernel works for p7100 obviously, p7500 and p7510 (hwa/camera) and those covers most of the 10.1 tabs might as well works for tmob tabs and not sure about lte versions... And if they works for 10.1 also works for 8.9 tabs.. Don't know Wich other devices world wide exist

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is a forum for smartphones and tablets.

If you want to talk politics, go somewhere else - such discussion is not welcome here.
    Mod edit:
    No offence intended to the original OP but this thread has strayed far from it's original purpose.
    So from here on out, it's now the focal point for all ICS-related discussion and all the spam that accompanies that.​

Mod edit #2:
    This is now also the official discussion speculation thread for Jelly Bean.
    Given there hasn't been an official ICS release yet, I see no reason to have two speculation threads on the go at the same time.​

-Step666

Edit #3: ICS Has officially been released in the UK and developers have already made roms for it. Please go to http://xdaforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1053 for Latest information about ICS ROMs.
    The thread has been cleaned and re-opened - please refrain from dragging it off-topic again.

If people do insist on dragging this down into petty bickering and flaming, they will face serious sanctions.
    I don't mind to be thanked, maybe you do, but I liked to take your mood down lol
    Anyway this the truth, you like it or not.

Actually, this is as far from the truth as it can be

It is speculation based on speculation, the fact that you consider it for "the truth" can only show how big your ego is and how wrong you can be.

The only thing "truth" about your statement is the fact that you like to take "our mood down", ie: Being a troll!
    I now have started a petition to collect users demanding an ICS-update for Galaxy Tabs 10.1, Tab 8.9, Tab 7.7, Tab 7.0 Plus including source code now.

The link is as followed:
    http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/ics-android-40-ice-cream-sandwich-update-for/

Ok, I don't even know why I am contributing to your trollish post....but in case you didn't know Samsung has planned to release ics....

so...

Why would anyone sign such a petition?????

As for the "demanding" and "now".... well I am sure they could give the update now but I strongly believe it will be as buggy as hell...just look at the sgs2 ics update...

For the last time I take part to such conversation. Be well everyone!

Sent from my amazing 10.1 galaxy tab :)