[Q] Upgrading Shield Developer unit?

Search This thread

RedToasty

Jul 8, 2010
Hi all,

Bit of a shot in the dark here. I've got hold of a blue cover, developer edition, Shield with an old firmware. I've tried to update to retail firmware, but it has issues with emulated/0 not existing. Due to not having a physical sdcard, the mounts seem to be set up a bit differently.

Does anyone know where the developer updates would be available? Or failing that, any easy way of mounting an sdcard on a non-rooted Shield?

Thanks!

Gnurou

Aug 9, 2010
Tokyo
Hi all,

Bit of a shot in the dark here. I've got hold of a blue cover, developer edition, Shield with an old firmware. I've tried to update to retail firmware, but it has issues with emulated/0 not existing. Due to not having a physical sdcard, the mounts seem to be set up a bit differently.

Does anyone know where the developer updates would be available? Or failing that, any easy way of mounting an sdcard on a non-rooted Shield?

Thanks!
Since your unit is a developer one anyway, why don't you just root it and do what is necessary to get the mount points right?

RedToasty

Jul 8, 2010
Since your unit is a developer one anyway, why don't you just root it and do what is necessary to get the mount points right?

Yeah, it's probably what I'll do, assuming Nvidia don't reply to me soon. I was just a bit hesitant as the kit belongs to work and I don't have a factory image to flash it with, if anything goes wrong. The retail image almost works, it does odd things though, like the screen boots upside down.

Thanks!