Possible to go full screen? Hide navigation bar?

Search This thread

curiousmileo

Jun 25, 2010
Is is possible to do this? i currently have a stock jb infinity but would gladly root and unlock if there is this option

would any one know?

curiousmileo

Jun 25, 2010
I wowould rather not get cm10 cause i don't like the ui it has. Paranoid android seems better

And those gesture controls look sick! Is there anyway to get root on jelly bean?? I would do it in a heartbeat

curiousmileo

Jun 25, 2010
There are a couple of methods to get root on JB. They can all be found in this forum.
Check out this thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1834521

on that forum i can only find that if you are on jb then you have to go through the bootloader to get root, is there any other option? i do not wish to unlock my device just yet and i know you don't need to for rooting so is there anyway to do it for jelly bean without unlocking it?

Firebrazer

Oct 20, 2012
You can downgrade to the .30 ICS version, root the device using for example the debugfs method, use OTA Rootkeeper, upgrade to JB again and restore your root with OTA Rootkeeper. It doesn't seem to be working for everybody, but I believe that's the only way to do it without unlocking the bootloader.

curiousmileo

Jun 25, 2010
all done, aw thats a nice sight to behold. now i got another question lol.

whenever i pick a wallpaper it either turns black for a regular one or if i use simple image to set it as a full wallpaper it stays there but i have this weird black line on the bottom. its not as big as the navigation bar, maybe like half that but i cant seem to get rid of it. also some wallpapers are not showing up in teh gallery even if i can see them in the file manager

Firebrazer

Oct 20, 2012
On CleanROM or stock ROM I had the same issues when I hid the nav-bar and notificationbar. Unsure what's causing it.

curiousmileo

Jun 25, 2010
Another small question. If I factory reset now with jelly bean and rooted, will it keep the root or will i have go back to ics and do it all over again?

curiousmileo

Jun 25, 2010
It shouldn't touch your system. You will lose all you play store apps, settings and data though.

Alright thanks for that. I have been having some issues and was wondering if I did a factory reset would help but i also did not want to lose root. Would I need to download rootkeeper or should it be fine without anything else?

buhohitr

Nov 30, 2011
Alright thanks for that. I have been having some issues and was wondering if I did a factory reset would help but i also did not want to lose root. Would I need to download rootkeeper or should it be fine without anything else?

You need to download OTA rootkeeper. After factory reset, you will need to redownload supersu and OTA rootkeeper then restore root.

Reactions: asustf700t

Top Liked Posts