[Q] Unable to boot; Can't mount E:/cache/...

Search This thread

woahs

Oct 7, 2012
Hello all, all of a sudden my phone start booting in to CWM with the error message:
E: Can't mount /cache/recovery/command
E: Can't mount /cache/recovery/log
E: Can't open /cache/recovery/log
E: Can't mount /cache/recovery/last_log
E: Can't open /cache/recovery/last_log

With any attempts to restore/wipe data, I get a similar message saying it is unable to mount. Now, I am unable to boot my phone even to the CWM menu since it keeps rebooting on its own and sometimes it won't even go into the CWM menu. I have looking up this error many times and I have been unable to find a solution that works for me.

I have tried wiping the cache from CWM, wiping all data, and nandroid data, all of which ended in a error message except wiping the cache which did not solve the problem.
I have also tried this : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1284196 but could not get my computer to recognize the device. If anyone could help or provide any suggestions, it would be greatly appreciated.

DocHoliday77

May 10, 2011
HuntsVegas!!!
If kies is installed uninstall it. Does odin go through the md5 check? What is your current firmware build and what build are you trying to flash? Also uninstall drivers through device manager. Then reinstall.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

woahs

Oct 7, 2012
If kies is installed uninstall it. Does odin go through the md5 check? What is your current firmware build and what build are you trying to flash? Also uninstall drivers through device manager. Then reinstall.

My phone doesn't boot up anymore. Goes straight to CWM and reboots itself. I don't remember what the current firmware build is and I'm not trying to flash anything. My phone just decided to turn off one day and won't turn back on.

DocHoliday77

May 10, 2011
HuntsVegas!!!
Do you at least know if you updated to 4.3? If so, you can only flash the same or newer firmware from now on. So when you tried to flash with odin, if you used older firmware it would fail.
Can you boot into download mode? Hold volume down, home and power.

woahs

Oct 7, 2012
Do you at least know if you updated to 4.3? If so, you can only flash the same or newer firmware from now on. So when you tried to flash with odin, if you used older firmware it would fail.
Can you boot into download mode? Hold volume down, home and power.

Booting in downloading mode was working at some point by it isn't anymore. I don't think I have updated to 4.3, it is most likely 4.1 or 4.2 and I have tried flashing 4.3.

DocHoliday77

May 10, 2011
HuntsVegas!!!
I suggest trying to use the debrick.img from NC2 then. Its the latest available so it should work regardless of what you previously had. If you do get download mode this way you will have to odin flash the NC2 firmware.

Top Liked Posts