People hear echo during phone calls

Search This thread

fopazo

Apr 19, 2014
Hello everyone
I just bought a Galaxy S4 Active and people started saying that they hear an echo of their voice every time they call me or I call them.
I tried different things. I noticed that every time I remove the back cover the problem is gone, then I put it back again and the echo is back. I unchecked the noise reduction option but nothing happened.
Does anyone have a solution for this? :crying:

captaincado

Jan 30, 2012
I bought it on the internet, so it is impossible to bring it back to the store.
Is there any solution to this?

You might want to call Samsung....I was told that it was a hardware issue, that's why I ended up with a replacement thru AT&T.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Decer

Jan 7, 2008
Easton
It has not happened with our Active yet, but we have had the echo with multiple other phones... in all our cases it was dust that got in the microphone hole, took a needle and just very carefully cleaned out the hole and it took care of the problem. No clue if that will help you or not, but can't hurt to try!

plumber55

Jan 11, 2015
Hello everyone
I just bought a Galaxy S4 Active and people started saying that they hear an echo of their voice every time they call me or I call them.
I tried different things. I noticed that every time I remove the back cover the problem is gone, then I put it back again and the echo is back. I unchecked the noise reduction option but nothing happened.
Does anyone have a solution for this? :crying:

I have a galaxy S4 + certain ppl I call hear themselves talk when in a conversation with me....through trial + error, I found a fix( for me anyway) I removed the cover I had on the phone + placed a piece of med weight paper (such as glossy photo paper) + placed a small strip of it over the head phone jack + the top mic, replaced the cover so its wedged in there + it works now.............hope you have the same result

e04mk

Aug 3, 2010
I have a galaxy S4 + certain ppl I call hear themselves talk when in a conversation with me....through trial + error, I found a fix( for me anyway) I removed the cover I had on the phone + placed a piece of med weight paper (such as glossy photo paper) + placed a small strip of it over the head phone jack + the top mic, replaced the cover so its wedged in there + it works now.............hope you have the same result

I had the same problem, and came to the same work around. However, as previously stated, it is a hardware fault and the best thing to do is to contact retailer or Samsung to try to get the unit substituted. I got mine substituted without any argumentation when contacting my retailer.