[REF]Galaxy SII ICS CM9 Progression Updates Here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread
M

Matriak31

Right thread is for updates and news in regarding how the progress of the port is coming along for the ICS to our Galaxy SII. Updates will be coming from directly from teamhacksung. I will be staying intouch with Codeworkx and will be providing the latest feedback he gives me to share on the thread with the rest of the community here.

Twitter Link for more news:

https://twitter.com/xplodwild
https://twitter.com/#!/SamMobiles
https://twitter.com/#!/Jeefke/ics-aosp-sgs2

What's working
  • Display
  • Touchscreen
  • RIL
  • Audio
  • Wifi
  • GPS
  • Sensors (needs tweaking)
  • SD Cards
  • Bluetooth
  • HWComposer (strange things are going on)

What’s not working?
  • Microphone on Phone Calls (trying to write a HAL from scratch)
  • Camera
  • Video Recording
  • Video Codecs
  • Device Encryption
  • USB Sharing (kernel update needed)

More Updates-12.12.11
Quote from the man himself:

Now with much more IceCream on my Sandwich!

Let me have a look at my visionarys orb.

I can see…
- Kernel 3.0.9
- New RIL (doesn’t work with old modem firmwares)
- TouchWiz (i still hate it, doesn’t feel good, stock aosp ics feels much better)
- Opencore is finally gone
- looks cleaner under the hood
- still old alsa, not the new tinyalsa
- users won’t be impressed

Now let me watch on my device…
- aosp framework
- graphics seems to work good
- it has sound, but cannot test mic beacuse of ril problems
- ril isn’t working very good, crashing all the time. might need to add a new samsung ril class like in the past
- gps seems to work
- hwcomposer is running
- camera is running
- bluetooth works
- wifi works
- sensors aren’t working yet, but should be no problem
- usb sharing works

Ok, too much said already.

Having Kernel sources would make it much easier, but that’s probably far away.
Stay tuned! Maybe we get ril fixed in a few days then we got something really amazing and clean for you.

More Updates 12/12/2011:
Today we could spend some more time to fiddle with this stuff.
RIL is very unstable, even on the leak.
It’s not usable. Probably have to wait for a newer leak. :-(
My o2 card doesn’t work, my vodafone card works.
Might be NITZ related.

Some little bugs here and there like unamplifed haptic feedback, broken sdcards and some other little things.
Sound is working, Mic is working :) , Camera is working, Wifi is working, Bluetooth is working, HWComposer, TVOutService is up…

To fix every little bug we need kernel sources for sure. So probably in january 2012.
If we can get RIL stable, we might release a aosp/cm9 build for you.
But don’t point at us if we don’t.

Latest from the team...Stay tuned for more as i get it...

Developers working on the project:
  • atinm
  • Adam G
  • codeworkx
  • coolya
  • GuiPer
  • nebkat
  • Unhelpful
  • xplodwild

• To teamhacksung for working their magic to bring CM9 to us.
  • Codeworkx for his help in keeping this thread up to date.
  • And to Stylez, Conantroutman here for helping me out with previous thread and this one now.
Big thanks for the efforts of the AOSP team as well who as well started this whole project and now it is being carried on by TeamHacksung. Netchip, Yjwong, Chadouming, Biohazard and Paradoxxx deserve a mention as well because they to put a lot of effort in the project just a shame they could not carry on..So please give them thanks as well for their efforts.

Please read carefully here to:
If you don't stop annoying devs, they'll leave XDA forever. If this happens you'll never get this ICS Port onto your Phone. You have to wait for Samsung to release something which might be usable in about some Months. Start using your brains, read threads fully and understand it before you're going to add a post. And they are doing their best to get as fast as they can a stable build out to us. So we in return we can be patient and wait. All updates will be above and Codeworkx and i will bring the latest in the sticky here. Please watch here also

Last edited:
M

Matriak31

Latest so far from Codeworkx and the team

Since our try’s to get the microphone working on ICS using the samsung audio HAL wen’t bad, we decided to write a ICS compatible HAL from scratch. (stealing some code from the galaxy nexus)

Actually we’re able to control all ~134 mixer controls from within our HAL. We’re able to open the PCM’s and we’re able to read/write to it. The hardware dependant part is also working (e.g. telling the audio hw that we’re doing a call).
But all this doesn’t make sound working. We don’t know which mixers we have to set on which cases to get a little bit of sound, for example, out of the speaker.

The next few days will probably be wasted on figuring out which controls we have to touch at the right time.

The task is like jumping over a 100 miles height wall, because we’ve no documentation for the hardware and nobody of us knows what we’re doing. xD
But hey we’ve a damn big bulldozer. ;-)
Hope we’ve enough fuel for it to break the wall down.

Links to follow progress and ICS related stuff
http://codeworkx.de/wordpress/
Engadget ICS review. Click to read it
https://twitter.com/xplodwild
https://twitter.com/#!/SamMobiles

Last edited:
M

Matriak31

13/12/2011 Video Update with the latest by Ouverta

Latest video update regarding CM9

14/12/2011 New ICS leak by SamMobile:

From what you can see not really much to play with and not much to get excited about. I personally was going to download and see what it feels like but it just reminds me of the alpha builds...For me it is a miss. Views from people who have downloaded it though please post and let me know what you thought of this

Last edited:
M

Matriak31

[5/12/2011]More Updates.

New state -> waiting

Opensource Audio HAL:
Without any documentation or hints it’s a try & error task for some weeks.

Using Audio Blobs:
Not really possible because big S broke the ABI.
Did a lot of hacking on it, but it’s hopeless.

USB Gadget:
Big S touched the original Google USB Gadget code and made it a mess. It’s hooked up to touchscreen, charger, battery, mhl and probably some more stuff.
Not possible to implement the new USB Gadget required for USB Sharing without spending lot of time on it to clean up this disaster.

Graphics:
Nebkat and xplodwild fixed the graphics corruption on rotation and crt-off effects.

New state -> waiting for new kernel sources and a ICS leak.
Extended state -> We are very pissed about big S.

If big S is not going to be more cooperative, next Device will be a Google Device.

So far this is the latest updates by the team. It is kinda stop and start and very frustrating from what you can see but the team is trying so fingers crossed. Show support and patience and i am sure our patience will be rewarded

conantroutman

Retired Senior Moderator - XDA Portal Team
Dec 10, 2009
Thread is open to allow OP to edit posts.

Do not reply to thread and if you do have anything to add PM Matriak31

All posts will be removed and if needed infractions will be placed.​

respectfully great job Matriak31!

ksantoshh said:
Good to get a taste of ICS :)

What about the above post did you not understand.............:rolleyes:

Last edited:
M

Matriak31

More updates...12/12/2011

I can see…
- Kernel 3.0.9
- TouchWiz (i still hate it, doesn’t feel good, stock aosp ics feels much better)

- aosp framework
- ril isn’t working very good, crashing all the time. might need to add a new samsung ril class like in the past
- gps seems to work
- hwcomposer is running
- camera is running
- bluetooth works
- wifi works
- usb sharing works

Stay tuned! Maybe we get ril fixed in a few days then we got something really amazing and clean for you.

More Updates 12/12/2011:
Today we could spend some more time to fiddle with this stuff.
RIL is very unstable, even on the leak.
It’s not usable. Probably have to wait for a newer leak. :-(
My o2 card doesn’t work, my vodafone card works.
Might be NITZ related.

Some little bugs here and there like unamplifed haptic feedback, broken sdcards and some other little things.
Sound is working, Mic is working :) , Camera is working, Wifi is working, Bluetooth is working, HWComposer, TVOutService is up…

To fix every little bug we need kernel sources for sure. So probably in january 2012.
If we can get RIL stable, we might release a aosp/cm9 build for you.
But don’t point at us if we don’t.

Last edited:
M

Matriak31

New Links from SamMobiles..ICS leak maybe next week

https://twitter.com/#!/SamMobiles/status/145562676972621824
https://twitter.com/#!/SamMobiles/status/145602356896210945

For those who didn’t know yet:
The Guys from SamMobiles got a first ICS leak for the I9100 (with TouchWiz), but it looks like they don’t want to share before their new site gets online.

This means we’ll have the leak probably next week.
We asked them about just getting the blobs we need, but no chance.
They don’t want to share anything.

But hey, it’s just one week more. ;-)

Latest info from Codeworkx.

conantroutman

Retired Senior Moderator - XDA Portal Team
Dec 10, 2009
I'm going to go ahead and report this to admin. The purpose of this thread is the ICS team updates alone and its reason for being stickied. The commentary can stay down in general where as you all know a thread is ongoing. Then this and other posts not related to the thread purpose can be deleted and we can all go through just a few posts to find out the latest on the team progress. A condition which I believe many of us will prefer to allowing this to become an open thread.

The purpose of opening this up was to prevent 69079875439879 different threads being opened in the general section offering up such revelations as;

Idiot Number 1 said:
"OMG I cant waitz 4 teh ICS!!!!! :D"

And the timeless......

Idiot Number 2 said:
"Where I can haz DL linkzz.... plsszzzzz????"

Just check the OP for updates, don't read the thread....................

stylez

Moderator Emeritus
The purpose of opening this up was to prevent 69079875439879 different threads being opened in the general section offering up such revelations as;

And the timeless......

And just to add it's an open sticky as already stated so as the OP can edit posts permissions wouldn't allow the edits on closed thread....

Most users respect wishes of OP and also mods but some can't read a small request! Its simple as if users can't respect a request and feel the need to increase mods time via posting then infractions will be placed.

Everything is set out in an easy laid FAQ info and being updated regularly as already stated if you have info PM OP to which even the link previous goes straight to PM write.. hay can't be that hard.

Think I need say no more...

Thx to users who can follow simple guidelines :)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Emy86
M

Matriak31

And the timeless......

And just to add it's an open sticky as already stated so as the OP can edit posts permissions wouldn't allow the edits on closed thread....

Most users respect wishes of OP and also mods but some can't read a small request! Its simple as if users can't respect a request and feel the need to increase mods time via posting then infractions will be placed.

Everything is set out in an easy laid FAQ info and being updated regularly as already stated if you have info PM OP to which even the link previous goes straight to PM write.. hay can't be that hard.

Think I need say no more...

Thx to users who can follow simple guidelines :)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Sorry i had to say this but i love you two:D...You make my life a whole lot easier..And to everyone else..What they said:p

rauschkugl

Dec 23, 2009
Hey matriak.
Sorry to say but i really don't like the post about sammobile. They said different times why they can't share it at the moment and have to wait this week. You shouldn't write that they don't want to. Their reason to wait is good enough.

Sent from my GT-I9100

M

Matriak31

Hey matriak.
Sorry to say but i really don't like the post about sammobile. They said different times why they can't share it at the moment and have to wait this week. You shouldn't write that they don't want to. Their reason to wait is good enough.

Sent from my GT-I9100

Hey buddy. I respect your opinion i do but i have to respect codeworkx also for his involvement also in his project and this thread is his idea and mainly mine. I report news and updates as they are and that is how i read them. I will try and change it but for now that stays i am sorry

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium

rauschkugl

Dec 23, 2009
Hey buddy. I respect your opinion i do but i have to respect codeworkx also for his involvement also in his project and this thread is his idea and mainly mine. I report news and updates as they are and that is how i read them. I will try and change it but for now that stays i am sorry

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium

No problem. Just wanted to tell you that they have a good reason to wait. Because i think we all want to have leaks in the future and not wait till samsung officially releases their stuff. I'm on my mobile today so i can't link you the corresponding post but i can send you the link to it this evening if you want.
Because i think it sounded not so fair and sammobile also does a lot for us.

Edit: xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=20190303&postcount=62

Sent from my GT-I9100

Last edited:
M

Matriak31

seriously dude? Think they didn't try that?

Google changed the android framework dramaticly, this is why alot of GB sources do not work with ICS.

Plus you do not need to be a genius to figure out that GB and ICS is totally different kettle of fish:p

Net.silb

Nov 24, 2011

I can see…
- Kernel 3.0.9

- aosp framework
- gps seems to work
- hwcomposer is running
- camera is running
- bluetooth works
- wifi works
- usb sharing works

I didnt really get what this post means it's kind of murky...
Please Matriak can you explain what this post means!

Will the Codeworkx / CyanogenMod / SamMobile versions have TouchWiz?
Will it become easier for them when SamMobile releases the leaked version?
Did they get rid of those slimy soft keys at the bottom?
Why "users wont be impressed"?
Are sensors a tough problem to fix?
Ril?
& etc.

You guys are the best!
Thanks fo all the hard work!

javy1986

Nov 23, 2010

Ril?
& etc.

You guys are the best!

No it won't have TW. Codeworkx is talking about the leaked beta Samsung rom. Users won't be impressed because the rom is not done and it's clearly unstable. The problems he is referring to are all in the Samsung rom.

However, Codeworkx can use some parts of this rom the fix things in the AOSP rom they are building.

Last edited:

ithehappy

May 5, 2008
Calcutta
Google Pixel 2 XL

Even I can answer some of these...
CM won't have TW, no way. But the version from sammobile will have TW as it's a Samsung based one.
Maybe. I ain't interested in that anyway.
When Codecworkx said that he should've mentioned why!! Anyway, sammobile posted yesterday that 'this thing is nowhere near finished', so you know what I mean.
One thing I don't understand, if it's a BETA then why so much disappointment? Maybe Alpha would be a proper name! Can't say...

M

Matriak31

Ril?
& etc.

You guys are the best!

Do not know at the moment what SamMobile leak is as they have not released it just yet. Codeworkx and team have stated as above what they have done so far and what they have working.

For better explanations visit his blog. As it would be better explained there. I post as i see and try and answer as simple as i can.:) But for me it is pretty clear what is stated above so hopefully this is helpful enough..

Soft keys will be gone..Do not forget that we are using a different product than the galaxy nexus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts