[Q] Newbie stuck trying to upgrade from CM9 to CM11. Cannot access ROM Zips in CWM?!

Search This thread

bmanilow13

Jul 21, 2012
Hello all - I am trying to upgrade from CM9 to CM11 using [ROM] [NIGHTLY] [KitKat] [4.4] CyanogenMod 11.0 nightlies [3.0 kernel],

I repartitioned the drive with Tailor as suggested, and upgraded my CWM to (6.0.4.7)

My problem now is how do i get access the ROM/GAPPs zips? I can copy them over USB on my Win7 Machine to this folder, but CWM doesnt see them/cant access them.

I only have access to this folder in Win7. tried doing a clean install, and still no look.
Computer\cm_tenderloin\SD Card\rom.zip

the only options i have under "choose zip" in CWM are

/sdcard/0/clockworkmod - how do i get the rom zips there? i am totally stumped. i tried ADP to sideload a rom but the device isnt found. thanks in advance!!

tgg05

Mar 2, 2014
Complete install of Android on the device

HI

I was in the same position I'd tried everything. In the end I decided to start from the beginning. What I did was pretty hardcore. I completely uninstalled Android. You need to erase the usb drive in Webos. you do this by booting into WebOS, going to settings/device info/reset options/erase USB drive. Remember before you do any of this get all you data of your device to you PC. Once this is done you are ready to install Android again. Now I found it was easier to upgrade from CM10.2 Data/Media build to CM11. So I installed Android on the device using these four files;

- moboot_38
- CM10.2,update-cm-10.2-20140126-UNOFFICIAL-tenderloin.zip
- update-gapps-jb4.3-20130813-signed.zip
- update-recovery-clockwork-no_metadata-6.0.3.6-20130926-tenderloin.zip

These files are available as a package at rootzwiki.com. There you will also find instructions on how to install android again and how to unistall android as well. Once android is installed now you need to resize the media and data partitions with tailor in webos. Now that this done you are ready to upgrade to CM11. So then booted up my device into Android. Then I connected it to my PC. enable USB conductivity on the device. I created a folder on the device on the now larger data partition (I used the same cminstall name for the folder).Transfered the CM11 (milaq version), Gapps and CMW 6.04.7 to this folder.

I would then boot into recovery. Now were going to update the CMW. choose install from zip find the folder and the CMW 6.0.4.7 file. install it.
once installed boot back into recovery. Now were going to inst CM11. First you need Perform a factory/data reset and wipe/format cache partition. Once this is done your ready to install CM11 and the Gapps. Choose install from zip. Find the cminstall folder you made install. then do exactly the process with the Gapps.

Android CM11 Milaq should work. This worked for me.

Hope this helps.

cheers

Last edited:

taescience

Aug 9, 2013
I have this problem

HI

I was in the same position I'd tried everything. In the end I decided to start from the beginning. What I did was pretty hardcore. I completely uninstalled Android. You need to erase the usb drive in Webos. you do this by booting into WebOS, going to settings/device info/reset options/erase USB drive. Remember before you do any of this get all you data of your device to you PC. Once this is done you are ready to install Android again. Now I found it was easier to upgrade from CM10.2 Data/Media build to CM11. So I installed Android on the device using these four files;

- moboot_38
- CM10.2,update-cm-10.2-20140126-UNOFFICIAL-tenderloin.zip
- update-gapps-jb4.3-20130813-signed.zip
- update-recovery-clockwork-no_metadata-6.0.3.6-20130926-tenderloin.zip

These files are available as a package at rootzwiki.com. There you will also find instructions on how to install android again and how to unistall android as well. Once android is installed now you need to resize the media and data partitions with tailor in webos. Now that this done you are ready to upgrade to CM11. So then booted up my device into Android. Then I connected it to my PC. enable USB conductivity on the device. I created a folder on the device on the now larger data partition (I used the same cminstall name for the folder).Transfered the CM11 (milaq version), Gapps and CMW 6.04.7 to this folder.

I would then boot into recovery. Now were going to update the CMW. choose install from zip find the folder and the CMW 6.0.4.7 file. install it.
once installed boot back into recovery. Now were going to inst CM11. First you need Perform a factory/data reset and wipe/format cache partition. Once this is done your ready to install CM11 and the Gapps. Choose install from zip. Find the cminstall folder you made install. then do exactly the process with the Gapps.

Android CM11 Milaq should work. This worked for me.

Hope this helps.

cheers

I am starting from a cm10.2 rom and i am encountering the same problem that the original poster is.