[Q] Media player recognizing video files

Search This thread

bigmeech084

Aug 15, 2013
Hi, I dont know if anyone else is facing this same issue. The music player seems to recognize all media files including video mp4 files, it happens on stock rom and also on custom roms i ran. It also includes other junk files like ringtones and so on. is there any way to limit the music player to recognize only valid mp3 files or play files only from a certain folder? ive also downloaded a few music players like Apollo and playerpro and they are also facing the same issue. Thanks for your help

abhinavp649

Mar 9, 2011
New Delhi
Hi, I dont know if anyone else is facing this same issue. The music player seems to recognize all media files including video mp4 files, it happens on stock rom and also on custom roms i ran. It also includes other junk files like ringtones and so on. is there any way to limit the music player to recognize only valid mp3 files or play files only from a certain folder? ive also downloaded a few music players like Apollo and playerpro and they are also facing the same issue. Thanks for your help

your Music Player will show every playable file in your phone.

atleast I don't know If there is anyway to limit music player to only show mp3 files..

The Alternate way I can suggest u that

place all unwanted ringtones in a folder and create a file
Named as ".nomedia"(without quotes) in the same folder.

This can tell the music player that the folder having ringtones have no playable files in it.
And the player will not show these ringtones.

u can do the same for mp4 files.

Last edited: