Airtel 3G APN Settings

Search This thread
K

kasdorji@gmail.com

Those who are not able to get 3g icon and speed for Android phone like galaxy note on airtel network.
Go to System setting> more>mobile network>network mode>select wcdma (apn should be airtelgprs.com)
it may show no service or emergency,don't worry.
Now dial *#*#4636#*#* select wcdma only.
Still emergency,
Turn off radio there and turn on,you should see 3G signal and network.
Hope it help.say thanks if it works.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium

shri2804

Apr 18, 2012
HTC Inspire 4G (US Phone and 3G)

Hi There!

I have an HTC Inspire 4G phone that I got in US with ATT network. I have the unlock code since I was visiting India. But when I had tried connecting the 3G network on this phone, it simply didn't work with any setting. It used to fall back to EDGE (2G) n/w. I called HTC support and 30 mins troubleshooting and research the representative confirmed that the HTC Inspire with any n/w in US won't work with Airtel 3G due to the radio settings. For Airtel 3G to work, we need a Global phone (not a US one). Kind of sad, since now I have to get a 3G device for my n/w to work although the phone supports hotspot and everything :(

Thanks,
Shridhar

smokin901

Hi There!

I have an HTC Inspire 4G phone that I got in US with ATT network. I have the unlock code since I was visiting India. But when I had tried connecting the 3G network on this phone, it simply didn't work with any setting. It used to fall back to EDGE (2G) n/w. I called HTC support and 30 mins troubleshooting and research the representative confirmed that the HTC Inspire with any n/w in US won't work with Airtel 3G due to the radio settings. For Airtel 3G to work, we need a Global phone (not a US one). Kind of sad, since now I have to get a 3G device for my n/w to work although the phone supports hotspot and everything :(

Thanks,
Shridhar

Not true.

I have sensation 4G and HTC hd2 all US version and they work perfect for 3G in any network.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using xda app-developers app

sylar73

Sep 21, 2012
I went to the "Testing" menu and selected WCDMA only and I accidentally selected "USA Band" from the "Select Radio Band" option. Now, I don't get the mobile network signal at all. Can anyone help me please?
Thanks

EDIT:problem solved by flashing latest radio files through CWM. Here's the link: forum.cyanogenmod.org/topic/41765-radio-updates-zips-inside/

Last edited:

rakesh0221

Jul 4, 2010
HTC Titan + Airtel (India) 3G Issue

Hi All,
I have HTC Titan running Windows phone 7.5 with Airtel SIM and has 3G activated.
My mobile always shows E (2G) and never connects to 3G.
I have APN as airtelgprs.com.
If any one help me for 3G and it would be great.

Thanks.

Shushant

Apr 30, 2011
Ahmedabad
data not working

Hi! .. My gf bought a new Samsung galaxy y gt-s6312 couple of months back and from the day it was till now it cannot run mobile data no matter what network you use. It is running stock 4.1 . we tried almost everything but nothing happened we went to the service center and they told us to call network provider and network provider says that something is wrong with the phone. Please help , we tried now , we have our office we can't go to service center everyday. I should also mention that using the code *#*#4636#*#* did nothing , no prompt , no phone information menu just nothing can a get a stock or something RUU for this phone ? Please help I'll also help you , promise :p

smokin901

Hi! .. My gf bought a new Samsung galaxy y gt-s6312 couple of months back and from the day it was till now it cannot run mobile data no matter what network you use. It is running stock 4.1 . we tried almost everything but nothing happened we went to the service center and they told us to call network provider and network provider says that something is wrong with the phone. Please help , we tried now , we have our office we can't go to service center everyday. I should also mention that using the code *#*#4636#*#* did nothing , no prompt , no phone information menu just nothing can a get a stock or something RUU for this phone ? Please help I'll also help you , promise :p
Is it dual sim

Sent from my HTC One X using xda app-developers app

smokin901

pskunk

Sep 19, 2013
Delhi
Alternative Airtel APN for Delhi

Name - AIRTEL LIVE
APN - airtelfun.com
Proxy - 100.1.200.99
Port - 8080
Username- Not set
Password - Not set
MMSC - Not Set
MMS Proxy - Not Set
MMS Port - Not Set
MCC - 404
MNC - 10
Authentication type - None
APN Type - default
APN protocol - IPv4

Follow the usual *#*#4636#*#*...to set the preferred network type

smokin901

Ravoof

Sep 2, 2017
Even I am having the same problem. My settings are correct as stated above but I am getting only 2G. 3G hasnt come up even once and I have travelled over 20 Kms across the length of Bombay, so coverage cannot be an issue. Do I need to change anything else?
Try this.
Download my airtel(2.3)
Activate 3G
or visit techmansupport.blogspot.in

And follow the steps in the site.
Your problem will be solved:highfive:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    as an alternate give these a try for data.

1. Homepage – any page you want to set.
    2. User Name – Blank
    3. Password – Blank
    4. Proxy – Enabled/yes.
    5. Proxy and Server Adress – 202.56.231.117
    6. Proxy and Server Port – 8080
    7. Data bearer – GPRS or Packet Data.
    8. Access Point Name – airtelgprs.com
    9. Authentication Type – Normal
    10. Use preferred access point – No
    Airtel launched its 3g service in Hyderabad today. And I was facing similar problems as others here. Selecting "WCDMA Only" did the trick for me and now I have the 'H' symbol on my HTC Wildfire.

However, I checked the signal strength and it is displaying -81dBm 16 asu. Does this mean I won't be able to access 3g with "WCDMA preferred" selected as I often roam and would like to fall back on 2g in the absence of 3g signal.

Also, will the above mentioned signal strength affect the call quality in any way?

Thanks for your help..

-81dBm is greater than -124dBm it is a good signal strength. problem with WCDMA only mode is if there is no 3G signal there will be no service. best would be to keep on on WCDMA prefered.
    can anyone pls say me wat r da settings for 2g in airtel...xperia x10 mini....customer care's support is too low...and i tried many settings frm web...bt none is working!!

For Airtel Mobile Office:

Name: Mobile Office
    APN: airtelgprs.com
    Port: 8080
    Server: 202.56.231.117
    MCC: 404
    MNC: 90

Leave other fields blank

Search for "airtel gprs settings on android" on Google and select the link from dsynflo blog. I would have posted the link here, but the forum doesn't allow noobs to post links :(