Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

bryan95502

Jun 17, 2007
Boot loop here too..

I9000_reoriented_vG.4.0.tar and I9000_reoriented_vG.4.0.zip

3.2 works

had to install home button fix and its working but no haptic feedback. No big deal

Thanks Xcal!

Limitz Cash

Apr 7, 2012
Philadelphia
Will this work for serendipity VII? Or should I just keep the kernel that came with serendipity 7?

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but I am still learning the capabilities of kernels with different roms.

Sent from my Serendipity VII flashed Captivate using xda premium

Last edited:

cas0404

Mar 26, 2011
Lyon
Correctly built version has been pushed to the web, should no longer boot loop.

Hi xcaliburinhand,

Im Using xxjw4 i see that the default governor is ondemand, can i change it to conservative? Or it becomes unstable?

And i also realized that when i touch the screen the touch keys doesn't tour on, i used to have speedMod Kernel and the touch keys used to tour on...

thx, your kernel is the best.

Last edited:

xcaliburinhand

Retired Recognized Developer
Jul 31, 2010
Hi xcaliburinhand,

Im Using xxjw4 i see that the default governor is ondemand, can i change it to conservative? Or it becomes unstable?

And i also realized that when i touch the screen the touch keys doesn't tour on, i used to have speedMod Kernel and the touch keys used to tour on...

thx, your kernel is the best.

I try to leave the kernel as close to stock as possible. The governor isn't really something that needs to change to get an I9000 ROM on a Cappy, so I am not that inclined to change it.

cas0404

Mar 26, 2011
Lyon
some times my phone freeze and i have to take out the battery but i don't know if its the new rom JW4 or the kernel.

thx

sulaimanz

Sep 9, 2009
London
Request

Dear xcaliburinhand,

I am not a developer, but I like to savor different flavors of ROM and appreciate the development community of XDA.
I have a request rather a suggestion – Can you make a kernel for CM9 or ICS or JB which works with i9000 CM9/ICS/JB ROMS.
With this kernel, there will be no need of using ported i9000 ROMS on captivate and no more bugs found while porting.

shane87

Jan 11, 2011
Waynesburg, KY
Google Pixel 6
Dear xcaliburinhand,

I am not a developer, but I like to savor different flavors of ROM and appreciate the development community of XDA.
I have a request rather a suggestion – Can you make a kernel for CM9 or ICS or JB which works with i9000 CM9/ICS/JB ROMS.
With this kernel, there will be no need of using ported i9000 ROMS on captivate and no more bugs found while porting.

Why would you need a ported ics/jb cm9/cm10 rom? They have builds of cm9 for the captivate, and they are working on bringing cm10 up on the captivate.

Sent from my SGH-I897 using xda app-developers app

Threezees

Dec 28, 2010
Why would you need a ported ics/jb cm9/cm10 rom? They have builds of cm9 for the captivate, and they are working on bringing cm10 up on the captivate.

I think he is referencing using roms which have not been ported to the Captivate, such as Darky's ICS, which are only supported on the i9000. I could be wrong but I'm not sure you could use a CM9 kernel with that rom.

Sent from my SGH-I897 using XDA

shane87

Jan 11, 2011
Waynesburg, KY
Google Pixel 6
I think he is referencing using roms which have not been ported to the Captivate, such as Darky's ICS, which are only supported on the i9000. I could be wrong but I'm not sure you could use a CM9 kernel with that rom.

Sent from my SGH-I897 using XDA

I'm not sure either. Although the devil kernel is supposed to work with all aosp/aokp/cm roms, I'm not sure if it would work with an aosp/aokp/cm rom built for i9000 and ported/reoriented for the i897.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts