Please Help

Search This thread

bmw-boy

Dec 2, 2009
Zambia
hi

i have problem in my wifi

i trued to flash Rogers rom by fastboot and when its start its flashed the boot.img and recovery.img only and stop to flash the system.img

after that my WIFI starting give me error and i cant swith it on

so please any one can upload the boot.img for AT&T version so i can able to reflash it again

guru_shastri

Oct 25, 2010
is that how its called? boot.img?
i can't seem to find such a file (in root explorer)
do you know where can i find it?

DanMc85

Jan 6, 2008
USA
Here you go...

I extracted these from the PG09IMG_Puccini_LTE_Cingular_US_1.17.502.3_Radio_1.04.550I.15v2_30.60.550I.10_release_210183_signed ROM file... hope it helps.

boot.img
wifi_htc_bcmMFG248_ag_tx_rx_swap.img

Attachments

• bootimgwithwifiimg.zip
    3.8 MB · Views: 36
Reactions: cx5

feherhollo

Jul 3, 2008
Budapest
yes you can use it from footballs topic. or the puccini leak topic. extract from the zip file. btw. I cannot flash that whole zip anyhow.

feherhollo

Jul 3, 2008
Budapest
I dont know why we cannot download an official RUU for ATT devices. WHY? it will makes thing easier. If your device went wrong, you can easily flash it back to factory state.

cx5

Apr 4, 2009
Hi, I got this wifi error now,

Is the solution and correct conditions and commend as described in below steps: -
  1. boot into fastboot
  2. connnect USB and it shows the USB word behind fastboot.
  3. then from dos prompt enter commend
  4. fastboot flash wifi_htc_bcmMFG248_ag_tx_rx_swap.img
done?
end?
Thanks.

finniest

Oct 4, 2013
pinterest.com

Is the solution and correct conditions and commend as described in below steps: -
  1. boot into fastboot
done?
end?
Thanks.

When using fastboot flash you have to specify a partition to flash, so that command will not work. The correct command is:

Code:
fastboot flash boot wifi_htc_bcmMFG248_ag_tx_rx_swap.img

I am not guaranteeing that it will solve your problem, only that it will actually flash your boot partition. The best outcome is that it fixes your problem. The worst outcome is that your tablet will no longer boot due to mismatched /boot and /system partitions.

If the latter occurs then I recommend that you install a custom ROM. Let us know if it comes to that and someone will guide you.

Don't forget to backup what you have on the tablet before you do anything.

cx5

Apr 4, 2009
Thanks finniest, I have performed…Fastboot flash boot boot_signed.img

And solved temporarily. Got wifi not to say error. Allows me to turn on, but then immediately shuts off and display error again.

On another note, i also relocked bootloader. Run RUU, but error 155, means I can't restock.

Currently has TWRP, root, SU, all OK. Able to change custom rom anytime. But wifi error. CWrecovery flashed doomlord's wifi fix but not working.

The wifi.img hasn't been tried yet. feels strange to flash wifi.img going into the boot partition. Am I just being paranoia?

Sent from my GT-P1000 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

finniest

Oct 4, 2013
pinterest.com
The wifi.img hasn't been tried yet. feels strange to flash wifi.img going into the boot partition. Am I just being paranoia?

I would give it a try. Beyond wasting five minutes of your time I don't see a downside. You can always flash another /boot image if it doesn't work.

It is good to know that you are familiar with unlocking bootloaders and have a custom recovery. That gives us a lot more options to solve this.

As far as I know the wifi module paired with the kernel by DooMLoRD is incompatible with all other kernels. So if you aren't using that kernel then you will have to use whatever bcm4329.ko file is included with the ROM that you are using. It is easy to forget that his custom wifi module is still in your /system/lib/modules directory when you flash a new kernel.

I suggest trying El-Diablo ROM and the boot.img that comes with it. This is a known working kernel and ROM pair. If you install them then first make certain to format /boot, /system and /data in whatever ways TWRP allows you to.

You should also consider that there might be something wrong with your wifi hardware. This is most likely if you have gotten your tablet wet and/or dropped it.

cx5

Apr 4, 2009
Hi finniest, you're right about not loosing too much time, I will give it a try now, and if it doesn't work, god bless it's OK I will read up more here, do more homework, then ask again, hahahah. Thanks !!!!!!!

I would give it a try. Beyond wasting five minutes of your time I don't see a downside. You can always flash another /boot image if it doesn't work.

Done, but not because I dare the above.

After realizing kernel + wifi (must be paired), knowing I am no OSIMOND's lightest rom, then I went back to CAREFULLY read his instructions specifically asking for doomlord's kernel v1 then flash the wifi correction ZIP via CWM. Hence I FASTBOOT FLASH BOOT kernelname.img then CWM recovery flash doomlord's wifi ZIP correction, then done. All my own fault for not reading carefully. Thanks still finniest and so many others who replied to various thread.

Last edited:

Adolyep

Sep 28, 2013
Where to read step by step?

Hi finniest, you're right about not loosing too much time, I will give it a try now, and if it doesn't work, god bless it's OK I will read up more here, do more homework, then ask again, hahahah. Thanks !!!!!!!

Done, but not because I dare the above.

After realizing kernel + wifi (must be paired), knowing I am no OSIMOND's lightest rom, then I went back to CAREFULLY read his instructions specifically asking for doomlord's kernel v1 then flash the wifi correction ZIP via CWM. Hence I FASTBOOT FLASH BOOT kernelname.img then CWM recovery flash doomlord's wifi ZIP correction, then done. All my own fault for not reading carefully. Thanks still finniest and so many others who replied to various thread.

---
Kernel (ZIP) or Kernel as an Kernel Folder (organized like Linux kernel release 2.6.xx). I do not know how to use this last one :(
BTW, I am stuck whit my WiFi since a few weeks... Accidentally I wiped the System(Original) and other stuff, and happily installed the Diablo Version make my Jetstream to come alive. but never never can make the wifi work again.
I read a lot of Android and lear a bit about it, but I can't find the way to make WiFi works again. So Please... A jetstream whitout WiFi is like a die tablet... I need some help.

I need those links where they say how to, and the link to dowload IMG or ZIP. or a page teaching step by step how to install this Kernel (Organized like folders in a Linux like). thank in advance.

Adolyep

Sep 28, 2013
It said FAIL...

Thanks for Helping.
I reboot into recovery using TWRP and tried to install it from Install Options. it said [FAIL]

Surely I'm just learnig about Android, I should use a commad from bootloader like this?

<fastboot flash recovery Stock_wifi_modules.zip> or
<fastboot flash boot Stock_wifi_modules.zip>

or something like this?
or perhaps use another tool instead TWRP...

finniest

Oct 4, 2013
pinterest.com
I downloaded and visually inspected the contents of the archive that @guru_shastri provided and everything looks okay. If you want to revert to revert to the stock WiFi module then this appears to be what you need.

Be aware that I have frequently witnessed instances where transfers to internal_sdcard via USB mount caused the file(s) to be corrupted. You should verify that a transfer worked by using MD5, cmp or (at least) a visual inspection.

Adolyep

Sep 28, 2013
WiFI OK!, SIM, not!

When using fastboot flash you have to specify a partition to flash, so that command will not work. The correct command is:

Code:

I am not guaranteeing that it will solve your problem, only that it will actually flash your boot partition. The best outcome is that it fixes your problem. The worst outcome is that your tablet will no longer boot due to mismatched /boot and /system partitions.

If the latter occurs then I recommend that you install a custom ROM. Let us know if it comes to that and someone will guide you.

Finally.. WiFI Works!... but not exactly with described... I had to read pretty much about all the things that concerns to adb/bootloader/flashing/installig>img>zip/ partition of each thing and so on before being succesfull with WiFi...

Not totally Sure, but the process that worked was:

WIPE all but recovery (using TWRP toosl)...
INSTALL el Diablo (zip) ROM Posted into the forums...(do not reboot)
INSTALL Stock_wifi_modules.zip
reboot into system...
Using USB debbuging reboot into bootloader.
Flash boot_signed.img >[fastboot flash root boot_signed.img]
(in this point the prompt said <waiting for device>, so I reboot into bootloader using Volume and Power buttons...)
Once flashed, reboot...

Now WiFi is working. Happily!

----
BTW... My SIM is not reconigzed (why???)... I saw it working the first time I istalled "El Diablo", but now... nothing happens.
I mean, the Sim Card appear to be reconigzed bye the system, but I don't get signal from the Phone Network (Like if it was from an unreconized carrier.. and my phone is Unlocked). I tried the sim in other phones and works well. What Can I Do at this point?

----- Soon I gonna move to another country, where I gonna use another SIM, with another carrier... --- Will the SIM work??
:rolleyes:

finniest

Oct 4, 2013
pinterest.com
My SIM is not reconigzed (why???)... I saw it working the first time I istalled "El Diablo", but now... nothing happens.

Are you sure that you are carrier unlocked and not just bootloader unlocked? The former involves submitting your IMEI and paying a small sum of money, so it is usually easy to remember. They are completely different animals.

Make sure that you have checked Wireless & networks-->Mobile network [x]. If it is enabled then check Mobile networks for information. The SIM Toolkit app can also be a source of information.

Strangely, the lock screen is a source of information for your SIM card, so make sure you have it enabled. It is the only gateway (that I am aware of) to submitting your unlock code.

Soon I gonna move to another country, where I gonna use another SIM, with another carrier... --- Will the SIM work??

If your Jetstream is carrier unlocked then probably. The answer is probably because the Jetstream radio does not support every provider available.

Reactions: Adolyep

Adolyep

Sep 28, 2013
Silly me! I did not realize look at this!

Are you sure that you are carrier unlocked and not just bootloader unlocked? The former involves submitting your IMEI and paying a small sum of money, so it is usually easy to remember. They are completely different animals.

Make sure that you have checked Wireless & networks-->Mobile network [x]. If it is enabled then check Mobile networks for information. The SIM Toolkit app can also be a source of information.

Strangely, the lock screen is a source of information for your SIM card, so make sure you have it enabled. It is the only gateway (that I am aware of) to submitting your unlock code.

If your Jetstream is carrier unlocked then probably. The answer is probably because the Jetstream radio does not support every provider available.

I just read your answer y I realized that I should carried out this simple step. look for networks in the area. This command "activate" the SIM to perform usual commands like Call or sending codes with * or # and numbers.

At this point my Jetstream is pretty much like it eas before wiping the system. but I can not fix the issue: <<Connection Problem or Invalid MMI Code>> every time that I send an command code (*111#) that is the network commad to access a few services. To perform those commads I have to take the SIM CARD and install it in another phone, Perform the network command, and return the SIM to my JETSTREAM. it is annoying. (but works)

Why in this world the network commands can not be performed by the Jetstream! (any advice?):eek:

kailashpchhabria

Dec 4, 2011
Bangalore
I just read your answer y I realized that I should carried out this simple step. look for networks in the area. This command "activate" the SIM to perform usual commands like Call or sending codes with * or # and numbers.

At this point my Jetstream is pretty much like it eas before wiping the system. but I can not fix the issue: <<Connection Problem or Invalid MMI Code>> every time that I send an command code (*111#) that is the network commad to access a few services. To perform those commads I have to take the SIM CARD and install it in another phone, Perform the network command, and return the SIM to my JETSTREAM. it is annoying. (but works)

Why in this world the network commands can not be performed by the Jetstream! (any advice?):eek:

You will need to enable the MMI Code setting in the build.prop using root explorer. Without that MMI Codes do not work.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here you go...

I extracted these from the PG09IMG_Puccini_LTE_Cingular_US_1.17.502.3_Radio_1.04.550I.15v2_30.60.550I.10_release_210183_signed ROM file... hope it helps.

boot.img
    wifi_htc_bcmMFG248_ag_tx_rx_swap.img

1. boot into fastboot
    done?
    end?
    Thanks.

Code:

It is good to know that you are familiar with unlocking bootloaders and have a custom recovery. That gives us a lot more options to solve this.

As far as I know the wifi module paired with the kernel by DooMLoRD is incompatible with all other kernels. So if you aren't using that kernel then you will have to use whatever bcm4329.ko file is included with the ROM that you are using. It is easy to forget that his custom wifi module is still in your /system/lib/modules directory when you flash a new kernel.

I suggest trying El-Diablo ROM and the boot.img that comes with it. This is a known working kernel and ROM pair. If you install them then first make certain to format /boot, /system and /data in whatever ways TWRP allows you to.

You should also consider that there might be something wrong with your wifi hardware. This is most likely if you have gotten your tablet wet and/or dropped it.
    My SIM is not reconigzed (why???)... I saw it working the first time I istalled "El Diablo", but now... nothing happens.

Soon I gonna move to another country, where I gonna use another SIM, with another carrier... --- Will the SIM work??