Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

os91

Apr 3, 2010
My other laptop and ps3 have bluetooth. I could try those. I know the laptop will works. Hold on...

UPDATE: Yea, it used to work. It doesn't now. Sorry guys, looks like they haven't fixed the a2dp drivers yet.

Is it possible to take the old bluetooth drivers from 2.14 and push it to 2.15 or 2.16? A2DP is one of those things that I use every day so it would suck to be stuck on 2.14 and miss new updates.

OGWisdom

Aug 5, 2009
Milwaukee-414
Is it possible to take the old bluetooth drivers from 2.14 and push it to 2.15 or 2.16? A2DP is one of those things that I use every day so it would suck to be stuck on 2.14 and miss new updates.

Well, I installed the ultimate audio mod Mystic posted and it installed this walkman app, I'm streaming music through bluetooth right now on my laptop! It was apollo that wasnt working. Doing more testing though.

UPDATE: And it just broke...

Last edited:
Reactions: apascual89

apascual89

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jan 17, 2011
Atlanta, GA
Well, I installed the ultimate audio mod Mystic posted and it installed this walkman app, I'm streaming music through bluetooth right now on my laptop! It was apollo that wasnt working. Doing more testing though.

UPDATE: And it just broke...

Once you mentioned that, I decided to try with another app and media is streaming fine on stock 2.15 with the Google play music app. It doesnt work with the pocketcasts app. So I guess. Its hit or miss depending on applications

Last edited:

mysticfrog

Dec 11, 2011
Fort Meyer Fla
I thought I tried that and the sound quality was just poop! Has it been updated?

I guess apparently so cause the bass is booming on it.. I can officially come back to the rom now that there moving me back to the hospital... so now i dont need the wifi calling "for now..." love the latest build btw.... SUPER SMOOOOOTH BRO...

---------- Post added at 02:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:32 AM ----------

I installed yesterday and I gotta say at first I couldn't tell a difference but I'm testing the bass right now as I'm typing this and holy crap is it so clear compared to before it felt like my headphones wanted to break open. Even at max volume the bass is still as smooth as the baby kittens fur mike was going to slaughter. :thumbup:

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda app-developers app

Yeah.. i just got back from walking my dogs... and i can tell a major diff with it..

---------- Post added at 02:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:38 AM ----------

I'm using it right now. Installed from earlier today. I didn't have to delete dspmanager I don't get any boot loops. I'm using default kernel.

Damn... i deleted them cause evrytime it was being used it would force close after that it was fine so i just deleted the two files and now i dont get force closes.. sorry OG back pn topic my bad just wanted to share what i found.. i dont use bluetooth... just my headphones..

Reactions: commeo

mike216

Nov 12, 2010
cleveland
I tried it and it's not that good. I guess it depends on what your set up is and what kind of cans your using.
Can't wait until 2.16
I tried another rom out tonight out of boredom. It took me 10 minutes to realize what a waste of time it was! Was hoping to port over some system apps but that was a failure :rolleyes:
O well we live and learn

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda premium

mysticfrog

Dec 11, 2011
Fort Meyer Fla
I tried it and it's not that good. I guess it depends on what your set up is and what kind of cans your using.
Can't wait until 2.16
I tried another rom out tonight out of boredom. It took me 10 minutes to realize what a waste of time it was! Was hoping to port over some system apps but that was a failure :rolleyes:
O well we live and learn

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda premium

Lol yeah I know what u mean.. I was on frozen jellybean.. It is really good tho.. But I definitely missed pa.. There are some pretty good tw roms out there I really like the Samsung note camera.. It was fun to play with... Sides I missed u crazy dudes... Mike I'm off tomorrow give me a Holla...

mike216

Nov 12, 2010
cleveland
Lol yeah I know what u mean.. I was on frozen jellybean.. It is really good tho.. But I definitely missed pa.. There are some pretty good tw roms out there I really like the Samsung note camera.. It was fun to play with... Sides I missed u crazy dudes... Mike I'm off tomorrow give me a Holla...

Will do brother, thank the good lord for nandroids! Feel much better now before bed.
There isn't a better rom out there and there will never be. I don't care how many useless options they put in there :beer:

Sent from my OGparanoid CM D2tmo

---------- Post added at 09:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:58 AM ----------

I've got that deep sleep issue now after restoring my nandroid. I've tried everything but a full wipe. Anyone know any tricks to get deep sleep back? I've tried reboots clearing download manager and dalvik cache?
This is what I get for being curious :confused:
Edit. I got it after 2 hours and a faux update that came the very minute I was dealing with this crazy aggravating bug! It's all good.
Oh by the way I would never hurt any animal now people... That's a different story :D

Last edited:
Reactions: OGWisdom

mike216

Nov 12, 2010
cleveland
So i guess my comment about the update better be out today wasn't funny.... I probably pushed it back a week with that comment :D
Have a good day at work OG

OGWisdom

Aug 5, 2009
Milwaukee-414
So i guess my comment about the update better be out today wasn't funny.... I probably pushed it back a week with that comment :D
Have a good day at work OG

Thanks Mike!

Naw, it didnt push it back, I just had some more testing to do :D It would seem the deep sleep bug is still present, so keep this in mind folks! And version 2.16 is up, go grab it and enjoy!

UPDATE: Just got back in touch with molesarecoming, So we'll see what this holds for ots updates! And other things ;)

lennie

Aug 5, 2007
Thanks Mike!

Naw, it didnt push it back, I just had some more testing to do :D It would seem the deep sleep bug is still present, so keep this in mind folks! And version 2.16 is up, go grab it and enjoy!

UPDATE: Just got back in touch with molesarecoming, So we'll see what this holds for ots updates! And other things ;)

thanks for the birthday present :D

OGWisdom

Aug 5, 2009
Milwaukee-414
thanks for the birthday present :D

Your welcome! And Happy Birthday my friend!!

Is Bluetooth still a problem in 2.16 ?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Yea, its still acting a little funny, wasn't able to stream using bluetooth using apollo, but other apps worked here and there. I'm in the process of locating the bluetooth drivers and libs from an update where they worked and injecting them into the latest release! Dont hold your breathe though. If I am successful, I will upload an update and let everyone know.

And as always, I'll keep you guys updated! Have a blessed one guys!

Last edited:

fatboy547

Jul 16, 2010
Thx og love the paranoid Rom. My only question is how can I change the YouTube app to change its layout back to the traditional layout. On the paranoid Rom its a 3d type view. On every other Rom its normal. Changing the dpi didn't seem to work. Thanks

OGWisdom

Aug 5, 2009
Milwaukee-414
Thx og love the paranoid Rom. My only question is how can I change the YouTube app to change its layout back to the traditional layout. On the paranoid Rom its a 3d type view. On every other Rom its normal. Changing the dpi didn't seem to work. Thanks

I most certainly do. Change size to 320 and layout/ui to 310, just tested and it worked fine!

apascual89

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jan 17, 2011
Atlanta, GA
Sry for noob question. How do you change layout/ui to 310. I changed the app dpi to 320 already. Only my second time on paranoid.

Swipe to the right in the paranoid settings for YouTube app and choose 600 or 360. Click apply and OK on the pop up message and that's it
emevurug.jpg

shoong512

Feb 6, 2008
yeah, i can't go to any other rom lol. tried what mike did but it's just not going to happen. thanks for the great build og.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [ROM][JB:CM10:HYBRID] PARANOIDANDROID 2.54 STABLE-Update- -*NOV 20th*-

Original OP
    ***Mod Edit*** (Copied from final post)

Ayysir said:
    All Samsung GS3 updates will now be directed here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2129993

One central thread for d2lte since they are combined

Redirect all inquiries there!

hello_halo.png

paranoid_instructions4zkp3.png

MAKE A BACKUP
    1. UPDATE RECOVERY
    2. FACTORY RESET
    3. INSTALL ROM
    3. INSTALL GAPPS

DOWNLOADS

4.0x Main Link

KNOWN BUGS:

• LED is a bit wonky
    • PA OTA FCs

paranoid_hintsu4kjw.png

XDA:DevDB Information
    AOSPA 4,0, ROM for the T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S III

Contributors
    ayysir
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    Based On: ParanoidAndroid

Version Information
    Stable Release Date: 2013-09-14
    Current Beta Version: 3.99-RC2

Created 2013-07-31
    Last Updated 2014-05-24
    Alright kids, as promised, here's the run down of things to follow with PA:

1) The PA team has some new features and things that they say are going to make using your phone a whole new experience, as if paranoid android already isnt a whole new experience, but more is always better :) ! Something to do with the systemui of the rom.

2) YES, the PA team does plan to rebase paranoid android with android 4.2 aosp! They said in doing this, it will allow for better optimization for the device family. (Not sure what this entirely means, but again, sounds like nexus support) We will also be free of modifications and changes that the PA team does not support! (No longer would any issues be of the cm10 base, which should make the rom a lot more stable, when we get it all together) The PA team will also not suffer from "nightly", where releasing is always a gamble. However, some things such as the cm theme manager and lockscreen customizations will be put back in! And we'll also be developing a separate gapps for use with the rom, which will provide better connectivity and support!

3) Finally, the team has said that cm-pa can go on, we will be able to sync up the latest cm10 changes into the rom and provide updates that way, but the PA team is moving to the new base and WILL discontinue work on cm-pa! Which basically means, might as well move on to the new.

Again guys, this is going to mean a HUGE change in the way I do things and the rest of the devs for PA! I am going to have to learn a lot more. I mean I can always keep the cm-pa going with the newest commits and such, but I like to be on the bleeding edge and am going to see how this will work out for all other devices that aren't branded nexus.

Thank you for your time and have a blessed night all!
    Well ladies and gentlemen, as for my surprise...

As you know, paranoid android has taken a completely new twist! Using aosp android 4.2 instead of cm 10.1 has been hard work for the pa team! I am pleased to announce that the pa team has finally uploaded all of the new files for paranoid android 2.99! Until now, only the nexus devices were getting builds and now a couple of other builds have emerged. I did run the new update on my note and all I can say is...OMG! The community is certainly in for a real treat. A lot has changed and there is a new paprefs.

However, I will say this... The pa team ONLY have nexus devices!! Nothing else! Which means the pa team can only troubleshoot in the areas of the nexus! All other devices have been labeled legacy devices and as such, will only be supported if the official dev for each device modifies and removes overlays and other such! The hardware and kernel trees HAD to be used from cm 10.1 to be able to get it to work properly.

On the note, for a first release, it was pretty solid and stable but has some quirky bugs that needs to be worked out or even tuned and touched up. Its still very new for the rest of us and in saying that, some work to be able to bring this to other devices!

I will be trying to make a build for the gs3 along with the dev whom I choose to take over for me. As he will have to go through a little bit as I do, to be able to bring this to you guys! I ask that you all be patient, but be anxious, just a little bit...

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda premium