Who Here Back The Ouya?

Search This thread

streilu

Oct 13, 2010
Backed it with two gamepads. Let's see how long it lasts till this beautiful little thing arrives in Austria.

Raverbunny

Oct 23, 2012
Brisbane
Kickstarter Ouyas will start shipping from 28th March. Just got email update

Sent from my IceColdJelly HOX via Tapatalk

thepza

Mar 15, 2010
Kickstarter backer...and yeah, jumped at the bronze, too :)
It'll be a fun device for emus if nothing else...

jm9843

Jan 16, 2010
Only thing that annoyed me on Kickstarter... didnt know this till LATER.. Is that we KS people.. didnt get a discount on the Ouya.. its the same as "preorder" price for everyone else.. which does make me feel lil cheated.. We backed the project, but didnt get any perks for the normal order.

Well, the first 1,000 backers got the console for $95 and anyone backing $25 or more gets a "founders emblem" as part of their username. They're minor things but the "founders emblem" will be especially cool if OUYA really takes off. Just the acknowledgment that you were partly responsible for making it happen.

a_friend

Jun 8, 2008
I did to, but its going on ebay as soon as i get it, extra pad to. Simple fact is i dont like the idea of having to buy games that i have purchased already in the play store.

Dont really blame ouya for that I blame life (have to make money to survive in the world)

KyleSforza

Mar 9, 2013
Delhi
www.facebook.com
I am one of the original backers as well and I'm extremely excited! Dedicated system for emulators, indie games, media, all in a small cheap package. I mean I could hookup my phone/laptop to the tv and find some bluetooth controller but this is more convenient. One could also argue I could buy a more powerful HTPC, I could, but I bought an Ouya. :3

What's the difference between SHIELD and this?

if you go by this thread alone, about $150. Plus, it sounds like Shield can stream PC games from another PC on someone's LAN.

Since I don't much PC gaming, I haven't kept up on the Shield. Just what I've read in this thread.

it really looks like these devices are aimed for different target audiences. There is some overlap. I think they Ouya is more aimed at the casual or light hardcore gamer. It's also aimed towards more the smaller video game studio that doesn't have the finances for a big releases or games that may not sell well. Compared to the games that are developed for the major consoles, the Android platform can be developed at a significantly costs, and thus not run as high as risk that a failed game could mean closing the company.

From what it sounds like the Shied may be aimed towards a more serious gamer who wants to be able to play PC games on the go or around the house that would otherwise not be available because of the hardware requirements. Kind of like what Sony tried to sell as a selling point on the PS Vita.

Dogie52

Dec 22, 2010
Who says you cant..

A. Acess the play store

B. Manually extract the apk and install in on the OUYA

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda premium

mertzi

Jul 8, 2011
I backed it! I'm not really a gamer although I sure will play some, but my main purpose is media center and this is the most bang for buck considering it's a tegra 3 device. There is only one quadcore android hdmi stick on the market afaik and it's gotten bad reviews and won't have anything near the dev community the ouya will have. $99 INCLUDING controller, that is very cheap. People who hate on the ouya never takes the price into consideration when they argue against it. The price motivates it as a media center alone.

---------- Post added at 01:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:47 AM ----------

I did to, but its going on ebay as soon as i get it, extra pad to. Simple fact is i dont like the idea of having to buy games that i have purchased already in the play store.

Dont really blame ouya for that I blame life (have to make money to survive in the world)

You should wait and see what happens. I don't think anything will prevent you from installing play store by yourself making all your purchases available. There will probably be roms as well that brings back google play. I bought sonic when it was on sale only because I'm hoping I'll be able to run it on my ouya.

papertown11

Jan 6, 2013
Orlando
I backed it

I backed this amazing little device and i cant wait to get mine in early april. Everyone should back a kickstarter great things for kickstart prices and your helping fund a project.

Linksbro

Oct 25, 2012
I didn't back it but I wish I did. It looks like an amazing platform that is really at the front of the new generation of console devices!

ayr-ton

Dec 12, 2011
Manaus
ayrtonaraujo.net
I discourage Ouya.
It's bound to be an utter failure.

E: Only die-hard Android nerds will buy it.
The argument "we want to get people back to television" is horribly biased and makes me laugh like a damn choker.
There is plenty of consoles out there today, yet no consumer seems to give much of a damn about "openness" of the console.
Of course they don't. They want games, not source code, GPIO and extensive customization possibilities.

E2: I never backed next-gen consoles. They break the purpose and meaning of the word "console".

+1

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I did, can't wait to get it. I'm going to have a great time with emus

Ugh darn PayPal issues. Okay I'm reserving mine on Monday. Does anyone know "about" when I'd receive mine? Sucks that I missed the Feb 4th deal.
    I'm backer #22326

I backed it for the fact that I can hack and tweak and play with it as a android device

The whole game console part comes second to me honestly

noted for future reference on my Note 2
    Backed it but pissed that many backers such as myself probably will receive their devices after retail launch. Small company or not, they should have pushed back the release as their launch was a joke and entirely misleading. Only journalists have used it. If you paid for a limited edition device and happened to order 2 controllers, back of the line for you! Only silver lining is that perhaps by the time the retail launch happens they will fix the most glaring problems: clunky interface, difficult to side load, controller issues, etc.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium
    I Backed another, I'm already happy with my MK802 III mini-pc, I think OUYA will be like this device, only with better hardware :)

But man... I wish they included a MicroSD port, I don't like the idea to plug a external HDD.

Can always get a MicroSD adaptar.