How do you install a large app/game on the SD card?

Search This thread

BoneXDA

Oct 9, 2012
I have the LG L70 running KitKat and this is the closest forum to ask this. So I get 1,5GB free storage space, and while I can move an app to the SD card after install, incl. the main app of Real Racing 3, but when I run it and it tries to download the 1722MB data package, it obviously says not enough space on the device internal storage. Which is true, but I have the darn SD card inside, how do I get the phone to download the data there?

Aashutoshrraj

Dec 26, 2013
I have the LG L70 running KitKat and this is the closest forum to ask this. So I get 1,5GB free storage space, and while I can move an app to the SD card after install, incl. the main app of Real Racing 3, but when I run it and it tries to download the 1722MB data package, it obviously says not enough space on the device internal storage. Which is true, but I have the darn SD card inside, how do I get the phone to download the data there?

I think that you have choose to download data in sd card in the game or have you selected install in external storage option in settings.

hit thanks if i helped.

Last edited:
Reactions: BoneXDA

BoneXDA

Oct 9, 2012
I think that you have choose to download data in sd card in the game or have you selected install in external storage option in settings.

hit thanks if i helped.
I don't see such an option. This could be a KitKat restriction, as I can't move say Type:rider to the SD, although I can move Speedtest for example. A silly thing (from Google) if there is no way, I have all the storage on my SD, but can't use it for large apps?

Reactions: Aashutoshrraj

Aashutoshrraj

Dec 26, 2013
I don't see such an option. This could be a KitKat restriction, as I can't move say Type:rider to the SD, although I can move Speedtest for example. A silly thing (from Google) if there is no way, I have all the storage on my SD, but can't use it for large apps?

ok. ! try to put the data files in SDcard/Android/data/

and try this site and comment if u have any problem.
I am unable to post link but search on google
" Real Racing 3 APK+Data
(Full Version)NO ROOT andropalace "
and go to 1st result.

I am sure you will get help from there.
just comment your problem.

ositandroid

Jul 18, 2013

You need root access. First root ur device and install the "foldermount" app. Its an app that binds your obb or android data folder to your external sd. That's the only reason I'm rooted. The application won't ever brick your device. It free on playstore (u can purchase the premium version to support the developer and get extra features)

Aashutoshrraj

Dec 26, 2013

you were right
today I found this app, this might help -
http://xdaforums.com/xposed/modules/app-handleexternalstorage-t2693521

orc88

Jun 26, 2014
Foldermount

Hello!

I have D605 L9 II with stock KitKat. I rooted it and tried to use foldermount app. It moved the obb file from internal memory to SD well, but once i click on the pin, it won't turn to green. I don't know what is the problem... Please help me if you can. THX

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

hit thanks if i helped.

hit thanks if i helped.

You need root access. First root ur device and install the "foldermount" app. Its an app that binds your obb or android data folder to your external sd. That's the only reason I'm rooted. The application won't ever brick your device. It free on playstore (u can purchase the premium version to support the developer and get extra features)

you were right
    today I found this app, this might help -
    http://xdaforums.com/xposed/modules/app-handleexternalstorage-t2693521
    I've been using this for games. Works with most. GL to SD (PlayStore)