Wireless charging sound on Maxx

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I finally figured it out. The new charging sound is embedded in the VzwSystemUiExt.apk file which is located in the /system/app/ folder. I was able to copy a blank .ogg file and rename it to Charging.ogg and replace the annoying sound file in the .apk, so now no more waking my wife up when I put my phone on the charger.

I'll try to attach the modified .apk and all you have to do is overwrite the one on your phone and you are all set.
    Just curious why is it annoying? Now, if it made another noise when done charging, I would be annoyed too, because that would be sometime in the night when sleeping.
    If your wife is in bed sleeping and you come in at night and place your phone on the charging pad, then this loud chime goes off in addition to a visual confirmation on the phone that it's charging, it's annoying. And coupled with visual indication that it's charging it's also unnecessary. I can see it being handy, but the sound needs to have the capability to be disabled.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk 2
    If you are rooted and have sqlite editor, you can go to settings storage.
    Click the one that says com.Android.providers.settings underneath settings storage.

Hit settings.db
    Hit global
    On line 36 it says wireless.charging.started.sound.
    Change the value after wireless...sound to "silent". Or you had mentioned a silent wav file put in the location and name of that file.
    I used silent, but I guess "none" would work as well

Wallah! done! No more annoying wake the wife in the middle of the night sound.

sent from my ROOTED XT-1080m
    I've read the entire thread but the solution still eludes me - how can we remove the wireless charging sound? (rooted)

Hello My Friend.. Good to see you here..
    If you are on JB 4.2.2 >> Go to my pages..A solution is there for you..find your device..and the download with instructions included..just unzip to your device or computer, then transfer to your device after unzipped..

IF you are on 4.4 then do as the above post #34 mentions..

sent by my 4.4_19.5.3
    TWRP 2.6.3.1 XT1080M Droid Maxx #2
    http://waynekent.com/page6.html

Please donate to: Hashcode
    (if you can)