[Q] Allshare cast conundrum

Search This thread

logicredefined

Jul 2, 2012
Long time viewer, first time posting.

I'm a science teacher and I use a galaxy note 10.1 (original) to do my lectures and I project the image on the screen with allshare cast. The problem is, our school has old projectors with no HDMI and only XGA resolution. Up until now, I have been using an HDMI --> DVI cable which displays the image clearly. The problem of course is that there is no sound. I don't need sound most of the time, so I've been getting by without it.

However, after reading a few threads on here I found that people had success using allshare with the Cable Matters active HDMI --> VGA with audio cable on amazon. So I picked up one of those. I connected the cable and sound, made sure to power it with the usb cable, and it shows up with just a black screen. No matter what configuration it is in, it just shows a black screen. When I pull the HDMI cable out of allshare and put it into a laptop (acer chromebook), the image displays on the screen fine. So the VGA cable and adapter both work.

Allshare works on the projector with DVI, but not VGA, whereas a laptop works with both on the same projector. Any help?

logicredefined

Jul 2, 2012
Does that HDMI-VGA adapter support HDCP? I'm pretty sure there's been a change to the ASCD to require HDCP support on the "display" end.

I did see that, though I'm still on the old LJ02 firmware and furthermore the others I've heard with hdcp issues received a message saying that the device was not hdcp compatible. In my case I cant even see the allshare cast instruction screen (it's black) but I CAN see the dongle on my device and connect.