Where's the lag?

Search This thread

Jiyeon90

Nov 8, 2012
I was watching some videos and its hard not to notice that closing apps still takes for ever..

Sent from my Xperia Z1

yahyoh

Nov 7, 2011
Amman
honestly, i used to think like you. but the note 3 has little to no lag. cant say that about any other samsung devices though. (ive had the s4, and i admit it lags)

not all Samsung devices lag :D

i have galaxy S2 since its released and still flies and it multitask better than GS3 which kinda joke from Samsung ( GS3 more bloated with the same ram )

my main phone now is Note 2 which still very hard to get it lag specially after 4.3 update ( the only thing kinda slow some samsung apps like contacts and dialer )

as for S4 i always use my sister's phone : when it lunched it was kinda stuttery but with many updates its flies now :)

---------- Post added at 05:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:08 PM ----------

I was watching some videos and its hard not to notice that closing apps still takes for ever..

Sent from my Xperia Z1

closing apps ? huh..

Jiyeon90

Nov 8, 2012
So, are you comparing the experience you have in real life with the Z1 with a video of a pre production device? Not exactly a smart comparison.

Enviado do meu Galaxy S4

I meant if you compare the galaxy s4 vs the nexus 5 or z1.
The s5 might have improved the delay, but from what I have seen in those s5 preview videos the problem is still there.

MultiLockOn

Jan 14, 2012
Quoting the Snapdragon site here: Updated Adreno 330 GPU delivers up to 50% increase in graphics performance, compared to its predecessor, Adreno 320.

I'm talking about the cpu strictly, yes the gpu is a fair improvement. Regardless you're pulling quotes from Qualcomm regarding their own chipset, they're going to be generous with their reports.

Sent from my HTCONE using xda app-developers app

xeizo

Nov 3, 2013
Stockholm
www.xeizo.com
http://www.dailytech.com/Qualcomm+Airs+Snapdragon+610+615+801+Plus+Groundbreaking+Antenna+Chip/article34400.htm

Snapdragon 600
Available: Now
Process: 28 nm LP
CPU
Cores
Count: 4
Architecture: Krait 300
Instruction Set: ARMv7
Register/Path Width: 32-bit
Speed: 1.5-1.9 GHz, varying by model
GPU
Architecture: Adreno 320
Speed: 400-450 MHz

Snapdragon 801
Available: Now (samples) / Q1 2014 (devices)
CPU
Cores
Architecture: Krait 400
Speed: up to 2.5 GHz, varying by model
GPU
Architecture: Adreno 330
Speed: 578 MHz

http://www.anandtech.com/show/6568/qualcomm-krait-400-krait-300-snapdragon-800

Krait 400

If Krait 300 is the new performance mainstream successor to Krait, Krait 400 is the new ultra high end part. Using TSMC's new 28nm HPm process (High-K + Metal Gate, optimized for low power at peak performance), Krait 400 can run at up to 2.3GHz. The 400 series core inherits all of the improvements from Krait 300 but adds a couple more.

The move to 28nm HPm necessitates a redesign of circuits and some relayout, but Qualcomm also improved the memory interface on the core. Krait 400 enjoys lower latency to main memory and a faster L2 cache.

eMMC 5.0 and DDR3-1866 are other noticeable differences, also the ISP is clocked much higher and has new signal processing capabilities for the camera, and there is much wider networking support for the newest standards I would say overall it's a pretty big difference ...

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I've looked at every YouTube video and I can't find any lag on the S5. I remember last year at this time and the S4 was lagging and stuttering all over the place. Is S-Lag really gone?
    http://www.dailytech.com/Qualcomm+Airs+Snapdragon+610+615+801+Plus+Groundbreaking+Antenna+Chip/article34400.htm

Snapdragon 600
    Available: Now
    CPU
    Cores
    Architecture: Krait 300
    Speed: 1.5-1.9 GHz, varying by model
    GPU
    Architecture: Adreno 320
    Speed: 400-450 MHz

Snapdragon 801
    Available: Now (samples) / Q1 2014 (devices)
    CPU
    Cores
    Architecture: Krait 400
    Speed: up to 2.5 GHz, varying by model
    GPU
    Architecture: Adreno 330
    Speed: 578 MHz

http://www.anandtech.com/show/6568/qualcomm-krait-400-krait-300-snapdragon-800

Krait 400

If Krait 300 is the new performance mainstream successor to Krait, Krait 400 is the new ultra high end part. Using TSMC's new 28nm HPm process (High-K + Metal Gate, optimized for low power at peak performance), Krait 400 can run at up to 2.3GHz. The 400 series core inherits all of the improvements from Krait 300 but adds a couple more.

The move to 28nm HPm necessitates a redesign of circuits and some relayout, but Qualcomm also improved the memory interface on the core. Krait 400 enjoys lower latency to main memory and a faster L2 cache.

eMMC 5.0 and DDR3-1866 are other noticeable differences, also the ISP is clocked much higher and has new signal processing capabilities for the camera, and there is much wider networking support for the newest standards I would say overall it's a pretty big difference ...
    Set your animations to 0X then dummies :eek::rolleyes:
    Set your animations to 0X then dummies :eek::rolleyes:

That has nothing to do with it. Dummy.
    My app opens basically instantly when animations are on 0X so... sucks for you guys.. Sprint GS4.