Removing carrier mod?

Search This thread

andybones

Retired Forum Moderator / Inactive RD
May 18, 2010
Google Pixel 5
Is there anyway to remove the carrier text from the drop down shade?
Rooted
S-off
Xposed- Sense 6 tool kit

Yes this is possible, I have it removed in my ROM. :)

It required decompiling the SystemUI.apk and editing the size of the text to a 0 pixel so that it is now gone. There are other ways to go about removing it, but I find this to be easiest.

Feel free to diff. my SystemUI.apk to see where the edit is made. :cool:

Or, I suppose if you are not wanting or simply do not know how to do this I can do it for you, simple MOD and I can get it done very fast. I just need you to upload your SystemUI.apk. The best way? Use something such as root explorer from the Playstore and go to your system/priv-app folder and pull the SystemUI.apk and upload to something like Dropbox and reply to this post with the said link. :)

Last edited:

dunn816

Jul 14, 2013
pittsburgh
Yes this is possible, I have it removed in my ROM. :)

It required decompiling the SystemUI.apk and editing the size of the text to a 0 pixel so that it is now gone. There are other ways to go about removing it, but I find this to be easiest.

Feel free to diff. my SystemUI.apk to see where the edit is made. :cool:

Or, I suppose if you are not wanting or simply do not know how to do this I can do it for you, simple MOD and I can get it done very fast. I just need you to upload your SystemUI.apk. The best way? Use something such as root explorer from the Playstore and go to your system/priv-app folder and pull the SystemUI.apk and upload to something like Dropbox and reply to this post with the said link. :)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/k46ys6lc87oea2b/SystemUI.apk Thank you so much! once you're done do i install it as a regular apk or just replace the apk in the proper directory.

andybones

May 18, 2010
Google Pixel 5
https://www.dropbox.com/s/k46ys6lc87oea2b/SystemUI.apk Thank you so much! once you're done do i install it as a regular apk or just replace the apk in the proper directory.

Download this link: http://d-h.st/SJR

reboot to your custom recovery, find the .zip you download that I provided and flash it, wipe (only) cache and dalvik cache, then reboot.

If you reboot and it is still there, I'm guessing you are on the stock ROM and you may need to just delete the SystemUI.odex and all will be good, but I don't believe that is necessary it should work upon reboot. :)
Let me know. :cool:

------

For those curious, this is how the MOD was done.
1) Decompiled SystemUI.apk
2) go to res\values\dimens.xml
3) within dimes.xml find:

Code:
<dimen name="carrier_label_height">[COLOR="Red"]24.0dip[/COLOR]</dimen>

change to

Code:
<dimen name="carrier_label_height">[COLOR="Red"]0.0dip[/COLOR]</dimen>

4) recompile

Last edited:

dunn816

Jul 14, 2013
pittsburgh
How do I get back to stock..evrythings blacked out! Hardware keys are gone and I can't even access the drop down menu

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

andybones

May 18, 2010
Google Pixel 5
How do I get back to stock..evrythings blacked out! Hardware keys are gone and I can't even access the drop down menu

a nandroid backup always fixes things, but I think I know the issue,
Download this new link .zip and reboot back to recovery, flash this new .zip then wipe cache and dalvik cache (only those two, this is important) and reboot.
If issue is still there, it may be because you are on an Odex ROM? and you may need to delete the SystemUI.odex

try flashing this first though and let me know,.

http://d-h.st/fGR

dunn816

Jul 14, 2013
pittsburgh
I have stock everything lol I just weak sauce rooted & s-off yesterday

dunn816

Jul 14, 2013
pittsburgh
So delete system_odex boot into recovery flash zip wipe delvik reboot right?

dunn816

Jul 14, 2013
pittsburgh
Everything is normal. I flashed the new v2 zip and nothing.should I delete odex and reboot?

andybones

May 18, 2010
Google Pixel 5
Everything is normal. I flashed the new v2 zip and nothing.should I delete odex and reboot?

yea delete only the System/priv-app/SystemUI.odex reboot to recovery, wipe cache and dalvik cache, and let me know plz.

It should be working, I have it in my ROM :confused: