[ROM][7/22][Android 4.0.4] - Stock Root Odex / De-Odex - 2.23.707.2 Base

Search This thread

Scott

Retired Recognized Developer
As the name implies...

Stock, Rooted, Odex or De-Odex. No Mods, Enhancements, Tweaks, etc... Wiper.apk removed.

Just root, unsecure boot.img and init.d support.

4.0.4.png
4.0.4-2.png

Download ODEX version HERE

Download DE-ODEX version HERE

EQS can be found here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1677636

Big thanks to vin255764 for hooking up the OTA! Thank him here: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=29115214&postcount=1
Bit thanks to sbryan12144 for applying the patch and sharing the files. Thank him here: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=29142468&postcount=104

Last edited:

slippers67

Nov 8, 2010
Oooo very nice. :)

By the way, did you patch over 1.88 to update the firmware on your phone? Or still using 1.85 firmware? Based on the other thread it seemed really risky to run the OTA with the newer hboot.

Scott

Thanks, I'll grab the updated proprietary lib files from here and push out a new AOKP build soon. :)

Wow, didnt even think about that but yeah, that should help the AOK guys, huh?

Oooo very nice. :)

By the way, did you patch over 1.88 to update the firmware on your phone? Or still using 1.85 firmware? Based on the other thread it seemed really risky to run the OTA with the newer hboot.

No Bryan modified the updater script to work with a custom recovery then he applied the patches. He said it was a pain in the ass!

I successfully got the 1.88 RUU on with CID HTC__044 but I could not get patch to apply the OTA way :c(
I wasnt worried about firmware. That doesnt scare me! :cowboy:

Scott

Nice. I'm getting excited. Hows it running for you Scott?

I am uploading and testing at the same time... No answer yet...

Something seem quicker.. But somethings seem slower... BUt I am trying to compare it to CleanROM so its hard, lol.

Once I get time with the base... It will be game on!

rohan32

Retired Forum Mod / Retired Recognized Developer
Nov 27, 2011
New Jersey
rmathur.com

EliWay

May 19, 2006
Boston, MA
Booted and using it right now. The homescreen has a fading effect when you switch pages and is buttery smooth. Not that it was ever bad, but now it's consistently 60fps smooth.

Artood2s

Jun 4, 2007
OMG!!! Can't wait to see this as the base for CleanROM 5.0 ;)

Love the ability to change the recent apps key out of the box. No remap necessary :)

Sent from my HTC One X

EliWay

May 19, 2006
Boston, MA
This isn't Jellybean so theres no Project Butter... but 4.0.4 did feature some nice speed enhancements over 4.0.3.

To me Project Butter has a more pronounced effect on the Galaxy Nexus' aging hardware.. I have a Sprint Galaxy nexus (Now retired since going One X) with JB , and the difference is almost negligible. It still stutters in the same places the ICS One X does, too , like in Play store when scrolling down "Top" apps pages.

Scott

To me Project Butter has a more pronounced effect on the Galaxy Nexus' aging hardware.. I have a Sprint Galaxy nexus (Now retired since going One X) with JB , and the difference is almost negligible. It still stutters in the same places the ICS One X does, too , like in Play store when scrolling down "Top" apps pages.

Thats interesting!

I could totally see what you are saying. It would make Sense.

But the play store is a POS that has always been problematic.

EliWay

May 19, 2006
Boston, MA
Thats interesting!

I could totally see what you are saying. It would make Sense.

But the play store is a POS that has always been problematic.

I can't seem to get LTE with this rom :(

It comes default with a non-lte apn, I put one in and toggled LTE mode under mobile networks, but it just defaults back to wcdma :(
Maybe needs the updated radio?

Top Liked Posts