With the reviews getting in are you still getting your XZ?

did the reviews alter your decision to get the XZ

• Yes I have canceled my pre-order

Votes: 9 6.0%
  • Only if the m7 turns out to be better

Votes: 16 10.6%
  • Wasn't planing to get it and now I now why

Votes: 4 2.6%
  • Most are positive so I don't see a problem

Votes: 66 43.7%
  • I wait till the S4, and than I will see

Votes: 21 13.9%
  • After reading I made the decision to buy one

Votes: 35 23.2%

• Total voters
Search This thread

RCJ89

Oct 5, 2012
london, UK
Where is the option "i dont care about reviews, i want it and im gonna get it regardless" ? :)

I dont trust reviews. Note 2 and S3 were reviewed as the best phones even - and i'm really disappointed by those two. It's funny how reviewers sometimes ignore obvious flaws about one phone, but riot about a tiny detail in another. Reviews are not objective - so i don't really care about them. It's nice to read and compare opinions, but i always prefer to just get the phone and decide for myself.

So unless at least 5-10 review say something really bad about the battery ( like not lasting a full day even on light use, which is not the case ) i'm not going to even think about cancelling.

This ^^^^^^, I had all top phones from the top three Android OEMs you could say? I had Xperia S, I had SGS3, I had One S, I had One X, I had Xperia T and I had GN2. I am going to cast my opinions of the phones, others may feel differently.

First of all let me start with the two phones that were supposed to be the best phones of the year:
S3/note 2 - Good points: battery life was great especially note 2, notification light, camera autofocus/speed, camera quality outdoors/indoros at night with flash, design of the phones, audio quality, I liked the extra volume in phone calls and earpeice/loud speakers are very good.

Bad points , boring boring boring UI, horrid keyboard, S3 screen I thought was horrible, alot of those so called smart features didn't work very well on either phone, audio volume was low on s3 note 2 was a bit louder, I could always see the pixels and screen didn't look very smooth on S3, note 2 dispite lower ppi and bigger screen was much better due to normal RGB arrangement, camera indoors with lighting was washed out on both S3/GN2, audio recording was better on note 2 but still not upto scratch especially when recording moving objects and just generally found the phones really boring.

Xperia S/T - Good points: screen, camera/video quality, video audio, xperia UI, keyboard, notification light on xperia S, design of both phones, audio quality, loud speaker/earpiece speaker on xperia s, speed and performance on xperia t

Bad points: slow performance on xperia s, poor battery life on both, poor loud speaker/earpiece speaker on t, audio volume on both, pointless notification light on t, button placement on t, slow auto focus on both.

One S/X - Good Points: screen on X, Camera/video quality on both, auto focus speed, video audio on s, battery life on s, HTC have best UI and keyboard imo, notification light, design on both phones, audio quality and volume, earpiece/loudspeaker, speed and performance,

Bad points - screen on s, battery life and over heating on x, poor memory on s only 9.9gb, video audio on x was too sharp and video was too zoomed in on both phones.

Here is hoping that HTC improve video audio/zooming and battery life, in regards to sony i believe they are there now and it is for these reasons I am sticking with SONY and HTC from now on.
If i read the reviews of the z before playing with it, my heart would have sank and I would have probably cancelled my pre order however I have played with the phone have spent over 3hours now playing with it in the shops and I dont have any complaints about it and I am hearing good things about battery life so for me everything has been improved over the s/t. PA gave the one x 7.8/10 didn't phase me I thought it was a great phone bar the poor battery and overheating due to the tegra 3. also most reviews said the camera was bad I didn't think so atall I found it better than the s3/note 2 which all reviews generally praised.

I have learned not to trust reviews anyway and to go and evaluate a product myself. If everyone listened to reviews in the car world/family hatch segment all would have a golf for example and in phone world either iphone or s3. Reviews at the end of the day are subjective imo and some say one feature is good or give something a score another review may say that feature is bad and give it a different score. I am my own reviewer.

Last edited:

RCJ89

Oct 5, 2012
london, UK
Thanks, I forgot to add i find some reviews biased be it car world phone world etc. Two examples every review generslly praises iphones only three things i praise on iphone is looks, screen and camera/video. I am no longer a fan of samsung but the BQ of the s3 and note 2 is better than iphones tbh, with their cracked screens when dropped etc.

I have seen people and reviews praise the iphone 5 build quality, sorry but my sister in law has one she hasnt dropped it once yet the top and bottom of the phones colour coating has peeled away just from putting the phone in her pocket, yet that is worth £530 but the xperia Z isn't? from what i have seen on the z looks/feels far better built.
I have read reviews stating the new toyota auris had rubbish handling was quite slow etc and i drove the car and apart from the iffy clutch i found the handling great and the car was quick.

stiffi2011

Oct 10, 2011
I mentioned in another thread I'm on the fence. Even moreso now. Darn it if HTC hasn't finally gotten their marketing machine together. They have me hooked.

At this point I'm going to wait. I went so far as to purchase a cheap Froyo phone to tide me over till MWC. The deciding factors for me are these:

1. M7 camera. If it has any improvements over the Z, I'll get the M7
2. Lumia 1000 (Nokia EOS) see point 1.
3. Release date. I'm impatient as heck, and I may just buy whichever reached North America first! ;)

Ashalak

Mar 20, 2012
Manchester
From my POV I wouldn't have another HTC, having just come from a HOX it's a great phone but HTC as a company suck - Especially when it comes to any kind of support to the XDA or custom Android community for that matter! The device has been S-ON since it's release, they're still slow (As are Sony apparently) with updates and to top it off they just recently had an RUU website closed down.. All of which has left a bitter taste!

I quite like Samsung phone's but the build is shocking for such an expensive device, and as nice as the display can be it's so fake and so false with it's over-saturation.. Finally they're common as muck, which may be a good indicator to show how good the device is but I don't like to be a sheep.

That leaves Sony!

Aka91

Jan 3, 2013
New Delhi
This ^^^^^^, I had all top phones from the top three Android OEMs you could say? I had Xperia S, I had SGS3, I had One S, I had One X, I had Xperia T and I had GN2. I am going to cast my opinions of the phones, others may feel differently.

First of all let me start with the two phones that were supposed to be the best phones of the year:
S3/note 2 - Good points: battery life was great especially note 2, notification light, camera autofocus/speed, camera quality outdoors/indoros at night, design of the phones, audio quality, I liked the extra volume in phone calls aswell.

Bad points , boring boring boring UI, horrid keyboard, S3 screen I thought was horrible, alot of those so called smart features didn't work very well, audio volume was low on s3 note 2 was a bit louder, I could always see the pixels and didn't look very smooth, camera indoors with lighting was washed out on both S3/GN2, audio recording was better on note 2 but still not upto scratch especially when recording moving objects and just generally found the phones really boring.

Xperia S/T - Good points: screen, camera/video quality, video audio, xperia UI, keyboard, notification light on xperia S, design of both phones, audio quality, loud speaker/earpiece speaker on xperia s, speed and performance on xperia t

Bad points: slow performance on xperia s, poor battery life on both, poor loud speaker/earpiece speaker on t, audio volume on both, pointless notification light on t, button placement on t, slow auto focus on both.

One S/X - Good Points: screen on X, Camera/video quality on both, auto focus speed, video audio on s, battery life on s, HTC have best UI and keyboard imo, notification light, design on both phones, audio quality and volume, earpiece/loudspeaker, speed and performance,

Bad points - screen on s, battery life and over heating on x, poor memory on s only 9.9gb, video audio on x was too sharp and video was too zoomed in on both phones.

Here is hoping that HTC improve video audio/zooming and battery life, in regards to sony i believe they are there now and it is for these reasons I am sticking with SONY and HTC from now on.
If i read the reviews of the z before playing with it, my heart would have sank and I would have probably cancelled my pre order however I have played with the phone have spent over 3hours now playing with it in the shops and I dont have any complaints about it and I am hearing good things about battery life so for me everything has been improved over the s/t. PA gave the one x 7.8/10 didn't phase me I thought it was a great phone bar the poor battery and overheating due to the tegra 3. also most reviews said the camera was bad I didn't think so atall I found it better than the s3/note 2 which all reviews generally praised.

I have learned not to trust reviews anyway and to go and evaluate a product myself. If everyone listened to reviews in the car world/family hatch segment all would have a golf for example and in phone world either iphone or s3. Reviews at the end of the day are subjective imo and some say one feature is good or give something a score another review may say that feature is bad and give it a different score. I am my own reviewer.

Respect !
:good:

人云奕云

Feb 18, 2011
Though the battery's bad and the screen is not so good as Sony want it to be -- trust me I've held the real phone in my hand. xperia z is still my first choice only if HTC M7 comes out a better android phone.
However, Xperia Z is THE most good-looking phone that's ever release, my point of view.

To those who are waiting for GS4, I just want to say, Does Samsung ever run out of plastic?

ethan3686

Aug 19, 2009
India
Everybody is good on the battery..only the screen s in question..which i think is the case of having a first hand look urself

Gitaroo

Nov 21, 2012
saying Samsung phone has good build quality just sound all kinds of wrong to me, my S3 feels like a some cheap ass low end phone. Even some low end xperia or HTC feels much more solid.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Where is the option "i dont care about reviews, i want it and im gonna get it regardless" ? :)

I dont trust reviews. Note 2 and S3 were reviewed as the best phones even - and i'm really disappointed by those two. It's funny how reviewers sometimes ignore obvious flaws about one phone, but riot about a tiny detail in another. Reviews are not objective - so i don't really care about them. It's nice to read and compare opinions, but i always prefer to just get the phone and decide for myself.

So unless at least 5-10 review say something really bad about the battery ( like not lasting a full day even on light use, which is not the case ) i'm not going to even think about cancelling.

S3/note 2 - Good points: battery life was great especially note 2, notification light, camera autofocus/speed, camera quality outdoors/indoros at night with flash, design of the phones, audio quality, I liked the extra volume in phone calls and earpeice/loud speakers are very good.

Bad points , boring boring boring UI, horrid keyboard, S3 screen I thought was horrible, alot of those so called smart features didn't work very well on either phone, audio volume was low on s3 note 2 was a bit louder, I could always see the pixels and screen didn't look very smooth on S3, note 2 dispite lower ppi and bigger screen was much better due to normal RGB arrangement, camera indoors with lighting was washed out on both S3/GN2, audio recording was better on note 2 but still not upto scratch especially when recording moving objects and just generally found the phones really boring.

I'm curious if there is an affect on your buying decision after reading the reviews.
    What is there in those reviews that would put me off from buying one?

Problems with camera images? Not that big of a deal, I don't make photos with my phone for a living. Lag? I doubt there is any. Battery life? People report a whole day of medium to heavy usage, which is what I get from my Galaxy S3 anyway. Build quality? It's waterproof, I don't mind having to open flaps every time I want to plug in my headset.

What else is there?
    Dont think you did get the phone today, think your chatting bs and trolling
    I love chocolate cake and boobies.