How to get HTC battery percentage widget on any Sense Rom

Search This thread

JayKC

Aug 2, 2010
im going to attempt to mod this to fit the size of the htc profile and ringtone widget size. bare with me. =]

@Rydah805 - Have you had any luck? If you can get it, posting it to the market would be huge... plenty of reviews on the HTC Battery Widget that are calling for the bigger size.

Rydah

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 4, 2008
Southern California
@Rydah805 - Have you had any luck? If you can get it, posting it to the market would be huge... plenty of reviews on the HTC Battery Widget that are calling for the bigger size.

ye progress is being made in the right direction! =] to post on the market cost money and if there is success in this ill need to ask for donations to post in android market. free on the market of course. college made me broke. =[
hopefully ill have it ready by this weekend. lots of things going on.

Last edited:

Rydah

Oct 4, 2008
Southern California
ok so i have edited all the images and updated the apk. for some reason it wont install. im guessing coding needs to be done as far as placement and the widget name goes. for example when we install the market version, we also get the word battery in small letters under the widget itself. if i knew how to edit the coding i would but unfortunately, i don't. anybody know how to? i based the new battery widget off of htc's "profile widget" so coding should be as easy as copy and paste. i just dont know which file and section.

View attachment 384861 NOT THE ACTUAL WORKING WIDGET. JUST THE PROOF OF CONCEPT. I HAVE ALL THE IMAGES DONE. JUST NEED SOMEBODY WITH XML EDITING SKILLS. =] ANY OFFERS?

Last edited:

JayKC

Aug 2, 2010
ok so i have edited all the images and updated the apk. for some reason it wont install. im guessing coding needs to be done as far as placement and the widget name goes. for example when we install the market version, we also get the word battery in small letters under the widget itself. if i knew how to edit the coding i would but unfortunately, i don't. anybody know how to? i based the new battery widget off of htc's "profile widget" so coding should be as easy as copy and paste. i just dont know which file and section.

View attachment 384861 NOT THE ACTUAL WORKING WIDGET. JUST THE PROOF OF CONCEPT. I HAVE ALL THE IMAGES DONE. JUST NEED SOMEBODY WITH XML EDITING SKILLS. =] ANY OFFERS?

Looks good! Hopefully someone can help out with the coding.

Do you plan on leaving the box around the battery, or just simply the battery like HTC's official widget?

maxomus

Dec 8, 2008

You more then likely have to sign it to get it to install, unless you can push it to system, which shouldn't check, stericson has a great auto sign tool floating around here. As far a the rest you will probably have to make some edits to the xml.

Sent from my phone.

maxomus

Dec 8, 2008
So have you resized & edited the 10 pngs in the drawable_hdpi folder? If so, if you post or send them I will get us a working widget to test out, if not I may get around to editing the images myself later, let me know...

Sent from my phone.

Rydah

Oct 4, 2008
Southern California
So have you resized & edited the 10 pngs in the drawable_hdpi folder? If so, if you post or send them I will get us a working widget to test out, if not I may get around to editing the images myself later, let me know...

Sent from my phone.

Oh there is more than 10. Lol yes p.m. me with your email. Signing doesn't make it work. Needs xml editing which I'm not advanced in.

Sent From My HTC Evo Using Tapatalk Pro!

maxomus

Dec 8, 2008
Good timing, I just finished the unplugged set & was testing it, your pngs will save a ton of time, I will try to get something to test up shortly...

maxomus

Dec 8, 2008
@ Rydah805
Alright, were still off a little as far as size goes, but everything is functional, well, from what I have seen so far. I will mess with it a bit more later or tomorrow if I can. I linked the apk below, so you can test it out & play around with it.

http://www.4shared.com/file/uzxgQKkf/RyMaxBattery.html

bmchargec.jpg
bmupc.jpg

Last edited: