[2013.07.03] CF-Bench v1.3

Search This thread

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    About
    CF-Bench is (mainly) CPU and memory benchmark tool specifically designed to be able to handle multi-core devices, produce a fairly stable score, and test both native as well managed code performance.

It tests specific device properties you do not regularly see tested by other benchmarks, and runs in a set timeframe.

It does produce some "final" scores, but as with every benchmark, you should take those with a grain of salt. It is simply not theoretically possible to produce a single number that accurately describes a device's performance.

Why ?
    I know, there are lots of other benchmarks. But they don't give me the numbers I'm personally interested in comparing. Few really support multi-core or test both native and Java code. This benchmark is also supposed to give a more "stable" score compared to some others.

Current scores
    Here are a number of scores reached by tested devices:

Samsung Galaxy S2 @ 2x1200 - 6498
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1v @ 2x1000 - 5188
    HTC Sensation @ 2x1188 - 5174
    Motorola Atrix @ 2x1000 - 5136
    HTC Thunderbolt @ 1920 - 4663
    Motorola Droid X @ 1200 - 2792
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 7" @ 1000 - 2401
    Samsung Galaxy S @ 1000 - 2205
    HTC HD2 @ 1536 - 2041
    Samsung Apollo @ 667 - 488
    HTC Hero @ 748 - 359
    HTC Dream (G1) @ 528 - 191

Of course, you should really keep in mind that the three different scores listed at the bottom of the app are pretty meaningless :)

Download

Market link (mobile): market://details?id=eu.chainfire.cfbench

Market link (desktop): https://market.android.com/details?id=eu.chainfire.cfbench

attachment.php
    -- also reserved --
    -- reserved --
    Understanding CF bench Scores

Hello, I am running the CF benchmark on the Android Devices which I intend to profile for performance debugging.
    But I am bit confused on how are these score calculated for the native and Java tests.
    I am seeing some ambiguity and inconsistent results with the test case of Java MIPS in specific.
    So @Chainfire can help me to understand how do these scores are calculated to end up with those values in the result screen ?
    Is it time that it takes to run that test case or what is it based on ?