Google Wallet Working Through play Store! (W/Root)

Search This thread

Teamscrooge

Apr 30, 2012
New York
Doesnt allow me to add money network prepaid card

I logged in and it wont allow me to access the money i already have on my g wallet account... what should i do?

KennyCap

Jun 8, 2011
Broketown MA
I've been using it on synergy for a couple of weeks. I used the nexus hack. This should work the same though.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

I swear I switched my buildprop back but my signature is saying different:eek:

Last edited:
Reactions: n80k

peaceofpi

Aug 31, 2012
New York
Actually after rebooting a second time, I then had the UNSUPPORTED DEVICE message. I used it yesterday morning and it worked, but it said to check and make sure it went through. It was acting weird, so I uninstalled the update, replaced the original build.prop, rebooted, and followed the updated instructions here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1794727. Now I am back to the original build.prop, no unsupported device message, and it works normal again.

Hope this helps! Just make sure and followed the update they posted to a T regarding the new Wallet update.

How did you get to flash SGS3-TW-US_variants-lib&nfc-fix.zip and which of the three clickable zips did you use. I have been trying the Synergy 1.7 Wallet. I can get the prepaid to activate but sticks for new cards.

I have done htc_jewel x3, Galaxy Nexus d2sprx2 the one that gets installed with the Wallet flash with the weird names along with Galaxy Nex but still nothing, what am I doing wrong?

bales3795

Actually I did not flash the nfc fix zip at all when I did this. I would start from scratch with the original build.prop, then reboot, change build.prop to the Sprint galaxy s3 version (I don't remember what it is bit just search it on Google) , reboot, flash the wallet zip without flashing the fix deal because I know I am running perfectly fine without it. Setup wallet, change to original build.prop, reboot and see how wallet reacts.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you need any more help.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app

tonu42

Nov 14, 2010
Actually I did not flash the nfc fix zip at all when I did this. I would start from scratch with the original build.prop, then reboot, change build.prop to the Sprint galaxy s3 version (I don't remember what it is bit just search it on Google) , reboot, flash the wallet zip without flashing the fix deal because I know I am running perfectly fine without it. Setup wallet, change to original build.prop, reboot and see how wallet reacts.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you need any more help.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app

For those who need instructions on how to do it right now you can check my thread out at. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1810040

I am working on making it all automated in CWm but for some reason whenever i create a zip file it won't flash at all. Looking into it though so its as simple as flashing a zip file.

vK3o3yAo1Fl1

Sep 1, 2012
been lurking around here and the cm10 nightlies thread for so long, figured i'd finally sign up to check in and give an update. not allowed to post in the development forum until i reach 10 posts. i'm on the verizon SGS3.

anyways, just installed the latest cm10 nightly, with the nfc fix, and everything works! went down the gas station, and bought me a soda and pack of cigarettes...with my verizon sg3! installed via: changing the build.prop (yakju/maguro), reboot to recovery, installed google wallet zip, didn't wipe cache or dalvik or fix permissions. rebooted and everything worked perfectly. still haven't even changed back my build.prop. so awesome. i've been waiting quite a while for this moment. :good:

rizzol19

Feb 18, 2009
Stuck on verifying account with money network

I am running a rooted glaxy s3 with the stock rom and unlocked bootloader. I changed my build.prop to the sprint info and flashed the telus zip file. The app opens however I am stuck at verifying accounts with money, I left it over night and it still said verifying, this was on the newest version of google wallet, updated through the market. The older version continues to give me an error adding cards. Is there soemthing else I am missing, do I need to flash SGS3-TW-US_variants-lib&nfc-fix.zip, I didn't not think that applied to me though. Thanks for any help.

Last edited:

hesh.monster

Jan 11, 2010
Fort Dodge
I am running a rooted glaxy s3 with the stock rom and unlocked bootloader. I changed my build.prop to the sprint info and flashed the telus zip file. The app opens however I am stuck at verifying accounts with money, I left it over night and it still said verifying, this was on the newest version of google wallet, updated through the market. The older version continues to give me an error adding cards. Is there soemthing else I am missing, do I need to flash SGS3-TW-US_variants-lib&nfc-fix.zip, I didn't not think that applied to me though. Thanks for any help.

Yes, that is exactly what you will need to flash. It contains edits from the international version that enable nfc payment the way I understood it.

That is what I used on mine (Vzw) after changing build.prop to Sprint and all has worked well since. Also fwiw I did not change the build.prop back to Verizon and have not seen any ill effects so far.

EDIT: I forgot to add that I did not use the flashable wallet.zip. I changed to Sprint build.prop then rebooted, downloaded wallet from the play store for the initial install then reboot recovery, THEN flashed the lib/nfc fix and rebooted. Profit :D

Sent from my Galaxy S III using Xda Premium

Last edited:

Hulk0069

Oct 25, 2010
Wow sounds like your bricked.I hope you can do something you have insurance?I would say Odin but you can't even turn it on.stupid question did you do a battery pull?

sent from my freed beast&ikiller;)

badseed767

Jul 28, 2011
Covington, Louisiana
I installed wallet on cm10 from the market using the sprint build.prop edit. It installed and activated fine, but every time I try to add a card, and it says "your request failed. Please try again." Any suggestions? Running cm10 09/19 Nightly with kt747 kernel and nav bar mod.

Sent from my GT-P5113 using XDA Premium HD app

mcalka83

Oct 26, 2012
samsung s3 o2 uk google wallet

hi,

i did install wallet-sgs3-verizon_telus.zip on my rooted phone, everything is fine, get app, changed Build.prop for:

o.product.model=SPH-L710
ro.product.name=d2spr
ro.product.device=d2spr

opened google wallet ones, tried to add card, all fine up to now. next day tried to open again, come up "update" required,
the problem is, when i go to "shop play" it says update is not av in your (country or region). I just wonder if I can cheat the phone, that I am based in US? I have tried by WIFI and normal o2 uk internet data. or maybe some one can email me new 2.0 version of wallet please?

I need your help please.
cheers

rlatjs17

Aug 16, 2012
New Jersey
hi,

i did install wallet-sgs3-verizon_telus.zip on my rooted phone, everything is fine, get app, changed Build.prop for:

o.product.model=SPH-L710
ro.product.name=d2spr
ro.product.device=d2spr

opened google wallet ones, tried to add card, all fine up to now. next day tried to open again, come up "update" required,
the problem is, when i go to "shop play" it says update is not av in your (country or region). I just wonder if I can cheat the phone, that I am based in US? I have tried by WIFI and normal o2 uk internet data. or maybe some one can email me new 2.0 version of wallet please?

I need your help please.
cheers

I used the google wallet zip file in the Synergy rom thread. It comes fully updated but uses the Nexus build prop. Read the instructions very carefully.

RyuujinZero

Apr 6, 2012
Torrance
I used this method to install Google Wallet on my Vzw Galaxy S3 running 4.1.1 stock, and now I get a message saying "Unfortunately, Nfc service had stopped" anytime I try to access the Play Store. After updating Wallet, I get both that massage and "Google Wallet has stopped running", even when I'm not trying to use it. Google Wallet also crashes anytime I attempt to open it, so I couldn't use it even if I wanted to. Is this a Jellybean issue?

jfourman

Dec 5, 2007
I used this method to install Google Wallet on my Vzw Galaxy S3 running 4.1.1 stock, and now I get a message saying "Unfortunately, Nfc service had stopped" anytime I try to access the Play Store. After updating Wallet, I get both that massage and "Google Wallet has stopped running", even when I'm not trying to use it. Google Wallet also crashes anytime I attempt to open it, so I couldn't use it even if I wanted to. Is this a Jellybean issue?

I am getting the same error after installing Wallet using these instructions. I am on stock 4.1.1.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey Guys!
    This Guide Worked Awesome For Google Wallet Pre-Universal update! ONLY WORKS FOR STOCK ROOTED PHONES!
    https://plus.google.com/u/0/108019745978944993252/posts/ZqRXYf7NyBF
    BUT When the update Came Around with universal Card-Compatibility etc.
    It didnt like the HTC_Jewel Shenanegans anymore,

So When they updated to The new wallet And the Verizon S GS3 Said "Your Device/Carrier isnt comaptible",

I Put up a request to get a SPRINT Galaxy S3 Build.Prop.
    So ...Special thanks to 18th.abn Here on XDA For providing his Build.prop File From his SPRINT Galaxy S3 (Which is the only carrier in the US officially supported by Google wallet)...

IF YOU ARE ON A CUSTOM ROM: editing build.prop on cm10, cm9 or AOKP, will make it not boot unless you edit updater-script.

SO THIS GUIDE IS FOR STOCK - ROOTED DEVICES ONLY!

OBVIOUSLY IM NOT LIABLE FOR YOUR PHONE ESPLODING IF IT HAPPENS (mine is fine:

To get the NEW google wallet going on your galaxy S3 VERIZON Do The Following,

COMPLETE THIS WHOLE GUIDE , Must Be STOCK ROM - Rooted, have Root Explorer Already.

https://plus.google.com/u/0/108019745978944993252/posts/ZqRXYf7NyBF

BUT: INSTEAD OF CHANGING THE VALUES TO HTC_Jewel Use THESE VALUES From a Sprint Galaxy S3

ro.product.model=SPH-L710
    ro.product.name=d2spr
    ro.product.device=d2spr

To be Honest i dont see why i wouldn't leave my build.prop like this.. because sprint doesn't block many/any apps..

Anyway THEN, Restart your phone after saving the Build.prop (it should automatically be backed up by root explorer)

Restart your phone, then go to this link FROM YOUR PHONE, Choose Google Play Install. Enjoy! https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.apps.walletnfcrel&hl=en

Thanks to 13th.abn and Dustin Evans!
    i just made a video on how to install google wallet on the verizon galaxy s 3. if your like me, you prefer leaning by watching somebody physically do it. so heres my video and i hope this helps!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A83kLpScJrg
    I've been using it on synergy for a couple of weeks. I used the nexus hack. This should work the same though.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

I swear I switched my buildprop back but my signature is saying different:eek: