OEM Charge Cable

Search This thread

WnG88

Jul 29, 2006
Toronto
So my crappy OEM charge cable finally broke. The charger is still fine, but am I now stuck on trickle charge only using a regular micro usb cable? Any other options or rom solutions that will force normal charge using a regular micro usb cable?

Thanks,

Kate84

Apr 28, 2014
Sorry I don't have a solution to your problem, I myself haven't found any USB cable other than the OEM that won't trickle charge regardless of roms.

Your signature shows you're using CM10.

Before the OEM cable crapped out, were you able to charge it normally?
While using the tablet with the wall charger, the battery % goes up and not down?

Reason I'm asking is because when I use any CM10+ roms, I'm always stuck on with trickle charge.
The tablet thinks its trickle charging from USB and just slow drains away until it's dead.
Only way for me to charge it when it dies is to turn it off and leave it charging over night, all night long.

I know it's not the OEM wall charger and OEM cable.
I've went back to stock Nook, CM7/CM9 and the charger/cable works perfectly fine.

So that leaves either something is wrong with these CM10+ roms, or my Nook Table is a special case...

WnG88

Jul 29, 2006
Toronto
Sorry I don't have a solution to your problem, I myself haven't found any USB cable other than the OEM that won't trickle charge regardless of roms.

Your signature shows you're using CM10.

Before the OEM cable crapped out, were you able to charge it normally?
While using the tablet with the wall charger, the battery % goes up and not down?

Reason I'm asking is because when I use any CM10+ roms, I'm always stuck on with trickle charge.
The tablet thinks its trickle charging from USB and just slow drains away until it's dead.
Only way for me to charge it when it dies is to turn it off and leave it charging over night, all night long.

I know it's not the OEM wall charger and OEM cable.
I've went back to stock Nook, CM7/CM9 and the charger/cable works perfectly fine.

So that leaves either something is wrong with these CM10+ roms, or my Nook Table is a special case...

Yes, the OEM charger / OEM cable was charging fine on CM10. Trickle charge works overnight, but the way to speed things up a bit is, if the nook is fully discharged, plug it in and let it trickle till it boots, then turn it on, have it boot and shut screen off and leave it to charge. When the nook is 'on' but asleep, it trickle charges faster than a dead nook hooked up to a regular usb.

You are saying that a regular micro usb was charging quickly under cm7/9 and stock roms?

petewr

Dec 13, 2012
Yes, the OEM charger / OEM cable was charging fine on CM10. Trickle charge works overnight, but the way to speed things up a bit is, if the nook is fully discharged, plug it in and let it trickle till it boots, then turn it on, have it boot and shut screen off and leave it to charge. When the nook is 'on' but asleep, it trickle charges faster than a dead nook hooked up to a regular usb.

You are saying that a regular micro usb was charging quickly under cm7/9 and stock roms?

Do you have Fry's Electronics near you?

The one three and a half miles from my location has charges and cables for around $25. OEM. :D

B&N doesn't have them.

hwong96

Oct 3, 2011
Chicago

Have you tried to order online?

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/p/nook-color-new-cable/27359237?ean=9780594459453