General Issues & Bugs

Search This thread

xnifex

Jul 4, 2006
Phoenix
The button backlights remain on at all times when in the dark, handy when using the phone.

But a real eyesore when trying to watch a movie

that's been happening to me. I was watching a youtube video and the bottom row lights stayed on the whole time. I also tried watching a movie from my sd card and the lights stayed on is that supposed to happen or do I have a dud?

just noticed this too. wtf? anyone have a fix?

skylite

Feb 22, 2009
Not an annoying bug but:

Go to the default weather app, go into hourly view, 12pm and 12am is written as 0pm and 0am.

anjahl

Nov 19, 2009
Boise
So i got my tmo sensation yesterday and the only thing im having issues with is when i uninstall an app the icon doesn't leave the app drawer. Its rather anoying :confused:

I figured out how to get the icons to go away. Needed to turn off fast boot and reboot the phone.

Last edited:

brian6685

Apr 1, 2010
Atlanta, GA
I have had it just over 24 hours and it's driving me crazy.
I cannot connect to any cell towers while in my house.
I'm forced to use tmobiles wifi calling or sit on my front porch.

No problems in my house with G2 or HD2.

Is there a way to toggle 2g/3-4g ?

I lost HD2 June 2nd, bought G2 may 3rd and traded it in yesterday for Sensation. No S-OFF, no cell service no happy.

I use wifi calling in my house, I love it. It actually saves a lot of battery as it turns the cell radio off

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk

GorillaPimp

Jul 18, 2008
I use wifi calling in my house, I love it. It actually saves a lot of battery as it turns the cell radio off

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk

Cosign that. Calls are reliable again in my house. Unfortunately, I am burning up the battery using the phone now.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using XDA App

starnz

Jun 15, 2011
I think I'm still the only person reporting the WiFi issue where it just cycles from scanning to connected to disconnected, never actually connecting. A reboot doesn't fix it, restoring factory settings didn't fix it.

Oh and the problem is intermittent. It went away for the last two days, only to return when I got to work today. Lucky me, the building I work in has a 1-bar 2G signal at best, usually no service at all.

Also when the phone is in this mood, it doesn't matter what kind of WiFi. I've even tried the guest network, with the zero encryption it provides, no no avail.

I also just noticed that after the latest reboot the device can't see the SD card at all. It says "preparing SD card" upon insertion, then almost immediately says "Removed SD card". Great.

Anyone else? Now that the phone is officially released I'll have to get on the phone with T-Mobile or HTC to see about getting it replaced. I'm still in love with the phone, I just want one that actually works.

I have had the exact same problems as you! My wifi constantly cycles through scanning, connecting, disconnecting without ever making the connection fully. Only for me the problem only seems to happen on certain networks. At home I have a wireless N and it works great. Wifi calling and internet surfing work flawless. However, in the office at work we have a G router and it cycles there and has yet to connect. I even took it to a TMoblie store and had them test it on the hot spot tester in the store. Not only did my phone cycle without connecting, but they had a store model available since it was before the official release and it did the same thing as mine.

I have also had the SD card problem. I noticed mine after downloading an app. I figured the download hung up while writing to the card and corrupted the file. Once I popped it into my pc, I was prompted to repair the card and have had no problems since.

I am not a highly technical person and don't know what kind of wireless signals my phone sees when it works vs when it doesn't work. Nor am I an advanced android user as this is my first android device. If anyone out there can provide a clear resolution to these problems it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Scott41373

Dec 6, 2010
Bonifay, FL
I have had it just over 24 hours and it's driving me crazy.
I cannot connect to any cell towers while in my house.
I'm forced to use tmobiles wifi calling or sit on my front porch.

No problems in my house with G2 or HD2.

Is there a way to toggle 2g/3-4g ?

I lost HD2 June 2nd, bought G2 may 3rd and traded it in yesterday for Sensation. No S-OFF, no cell service no happy.

If you want only 2g then turn off wifi, goto your dialer and type *#*#4636#*#*. Tap phone information, and under settings highlight "gsm only,"
then reboot. If you prefer it to stay on 3g/4g more, then select either wcdma only, or wcdma preferred.

aenima4six2

Apr 9, 2007
So on desktop pages like Android Central or Neowin, my browser's response to touch freezes up if there is heavy use of multi touch and scrolling. This is extremely frustrating as I typically have to play around with the browser UI in order to get it to respond again. I ran mutiTouch tester and there were no issue at all testing various touch posters/positions. Also, Opera does not suffer from this issue, so it appears to be a problem in the stock browser engine rather than a physical multi touch issue.

Can anyone else see if they are experiencing this issue please?

_kansei_

Oct 3, 2007
Seattle, WA
If you want only 2g then turn off wifi, goto your dialer and type *#*#4636#*#*. Tap phone information, and under settings highlight "gsm only,"
then reboot. If you prefer it to stay on 3g/4g more, then select either wcdma only, or wcdma preferred.

There's no need to dig into that "secret" menu for that. From the home screen hit menu, then tap settings, then Wireless and Networks, then "Mobile Networks". No need to reboot either.

k87

Feb 3, 2006
The RAM shows 558 MB instead of 768 MB (mentioned in the specifications on the device) please clarify this, and only 108mb is useable

sdjmack

Jun 8, 2008
I read through all the post in here and dont know if I missed it or not but when I charging my phone or using it for awhile the battery gets pretty warm. I know there have been many post about the heat, but the part that affects me is for some reason all my sound goes away. I dont get any notifications or it doesnt ring. Even that wind sound that plays when you open to the home screen stops working. If i try toggling the volume buttons it says media volume and not ringer volume. This also means that the alarm features stop working so I cant rely on it to wake me up in the morning. the only fix is to reboot the phone and then it operates normally until i charge it again or use it enough that the battery starts to get warm again.

When it's in this state i cant do anything that uses audio, like youtube or the music player. on youtube it will say the video cant be loaded tap here to try again but it just loops and i have to reboot the phone to get it to work again.

Also the speaker on the phone is horrible for phone calls.

naimmkassim

Jan 6, 2010
Selangor
I read through all the post in here and dont know if I missed it or not but when I charging my phone or using it for awhile the battery gets pretty warm. I know there have been many post about the heat, but the part that affects me is for some reason all my sound goes away. I dont get any notifications or it doesnt ring. Even that wind sound that plays when you open to the home screen stops working. If i try toggling the volume buttons it says media volume and not ringer volume. This also means that the alarm features stop working so I cant rely on it to wake me up in the morning. the only fix is to reboot the phone and then it operates normally until i charge it again or use it enough that the battery starts to get warm again.

When it's in this state i cant do anything that uses audio, like youtube or the music player. on youtube it will say the video cant be loaded tap here to try again but it just loops and i have to reboot the phone to get it to work again.

I read some where, info from customer service, during charging if your phone temperature is more than 45C than something is wrong with your phone.

If during not charging, open some email, play some games etc 30 ~ 40C is normal. While 50C is safe. But if more than 50C, than something is wrong with your phone which in the end it will effect your phone performance and lastly, reboot, loop reboot, etc..etc.. ;)

xnifex

Jul 4, 2006
Phoenix

next time this happens try your volume rocker & see if it says media volume. when that happens i just call my voicemail & it ends up going away

sdjmack

Jun 8, 2008
next time this happens try your volume rocker & see if it says media volume. when that happens i just call my voicemail & it ends up going away

It does say media volume. But the problem with that is unless I am sitting there staring at my phone I am missing messages and calls. i used my phone quite a bit so I have to charge my phone during the day sometimes or as soon as I get home so it's not always right next to me. But at least I know it's not something just on my phone

xnifex

Jul 4, 2006
Phoenix
ok next time it happens call your voicemail & disconnect after it goes through. see if that fixes it.

kazprotos

Jul 19, 2010
24 hours in and all I've noticed is very up and down wifi connection in places where Nexus One and Incredible S were never less than 4 bars.

Also wish the SRS sound enhancement thing was system-wide and not just in the HTC stock apps! YouTube videos do not sound good at all!

naimmkassim

Jan 6, 2010
Selangor
Today i facing for the 2nd time, black box bug, below on lock screen. Nothing can do, already try unlock it as normal way, but each time i lock it back (push power button) the same problem occur :( only by reboot it problem solve.. ;(

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using XDA App

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Has anyone figured out a way to share/email multiple pictures at a time?
    On the mytouch 3g running froyo, a long click on a thumbnail would bring up little check boxes, and I could select multiple images and attach them all in one email. I can't find a multiple selection option on the Sensation.

Go to gallery open up the folder of the desired pics then hit the share icon select Gmail then it gives the multiple select option

glad im not the only one then. might be the sim. im not a vodafone expert as im a new customer but everyone at vodafone are shocked when i say i dont get a good signal. dont want to take phone back or should i say i dont want to change network.

I had issues with reception on Tmobile US with another phone. Turned out to be an old SIM. Replacement fixed the issue. Just my 2c worth
    My signal jumps up and down all the time and sometimes nothing at all for ages. As a new Voda customer could that be the sim card?

Other repeatable fault that we all be concerned about is that I cant take more than a few pics before the phone shuts down. I can repeat this at will. Talking to the show about the replacing the handset but I think it's going to be software. Not really prepared to wait months for HTC to fix a £500+ handset.
    To get the temperature you can also do that (it works on every android handset):
    Open dialer and dial *#*#4636#*#*
    Then tap Battery Information and it should say the temperature on the bottom.
    Even with the auto rotation off, the carousel of browser windows will rotated if you switch to horizontal and vice versa