Search This thread

Toledo_JAB

Retired Forum Moderator
Jan 16, 2011
Toledo
Just tried to mark the About XDA forum as "read" and received this message:

Help?

EDIT 11/30/14 - Still getting the error message. :confused:

I often get this error when I leave a page open overnight and forget to refresh before using.
I just figured it was due to being on a page that requires me to login

Have you tried: a) signing out and signing back in, and b) clearing your brower's cache?
Also check that your PC time is correct?

N

NOOK!E

@efrant and @Toledo_JAB, the problem is fixed - thank you both.

I don't know how I fixed it, because I did try signing out and back in several times like @efrant said, and my clock time was exactly right, but for a few days, that specific function just didn't work.

Now it does, though - thanks again! :)

Minacious

Mar 8, 2008
I was unaware that I started an account here back in 2008. Now that I have decided to become an active member, If possible, I'd like to get my display name changed to Minacious. This is the name that I use everywhere else.

Thank You

i had a request. can we just limit the Sig size... some of the user here at xda use a big size picture in siggy. sometime half of the screen we can see only a sig. with 1 post. since some recognize contributers/helpers/mods/themers are using siggy as a place to link their work... the hide siggy function kind of unhelpful. we should start limiting the siggy size.

Toledo_JAB

Retired Forum Moderator
Jan 16, 2011
Toledo
i had a request. can we just limit the Sig size... some of the user here at xda use a big size picture in siggy. sometime half of the screen we can see only a sig. with 1 post. since some recognize contributers/helpers/mods/themers are using siggy as a place to link their work... the hide siggy function kind of unhelpful. we should start limiting the siggy size.

If you think that a signature is to large then please use the report button or a PM and notify the moderators.
We will review the users signature.

Also I was thinking that the 2015 theme applied scroll bars fir large sigs. Iirc :)

EDIT: The scroll bar idea is still in the works, sorry.

Last edited:

_that

Recognized Developer / Inactive RC
Oct 2, 2012
If you think that a signature is to large then please use the report button or a PM and notify the moderators.
We will review the users signature.

I personally think that all signatures > 4 text lines are too large. Pointless to report all signatures, so I turned off display of signatures. Increases signal to noise ratio tremendously.

meissen

Nov 5, 2007
Detroit, MI
www.mifbody.com
Mods / admins / powers that be,

Can we have the Unified Development forum removed as a redirect from the AT&T Samsung Galaxy S 5 section? It's confusing XDA veterans and newbies alike when they see threads about CM and other roms located in a subforum beneath the AT&T Samsung Galaxy S 5 section. Due to AT&T's bootloader being locked, we cannot partake in any of the ROMs located under the Unified Development section. There's already been people posting that they bought the AT&T Galaxy S5 because they saw the Unified Development section and thought they could flash some of their long-time favorite ROMs only to later find out the bootloader is locked and that we can't.

svetius

Retired User Experience Admin
Dec 23, 2009
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2
OnePlus 9 Pro
Mods / admins / powers that be,

Can we have the Unified Development forum removed as a redirect from the AT&T Samsung Galaxy S 5 section? It's confusing XDA veterans and newbies alike when they see threads about CM and other roms located in a subforum beneath the AT&T Samsung Galaxy S 5 section. Due to AT&T's bootloader being locked, we cannot partake in any of the ROMs located under the Unified Development section. There's already been people posting that they bought the AT&T Galaxy S5 because they saw the Unified Development section and thought they could flash some of their long-time favorite ROMs only to later find out the bootloader is locked and that we can't.

Perhaps we could put a warning in the forum description? Which Galaxy S 5's can have the bootloader unlocked?

Reactions: Toledo_JAB

AndroPlus

Mar 13, 2013
Kyoto
androplus.org
Lenovo P11
Xiaomi Mix Fold 2
Hello,
I have a problem with inserting link with non-alphabet domain (Internationalized Domain Name).

For example, when I insert the link
Code:
http ://ftf.あんどろいどのこと.みんな/
(Punycode: http ://ftf.xn--l8je9byecb9a3syb.xn--q9jyb4c/)
and submit a post, the link is converted to
Code:
http ://ftf.あんどろいどのこと.みんな/
If I insert punycoded link it shows correct link,
but it's troublesome and there will be more Internationalized Domain Name in future.
Please support Internationalized Domain Name.

methuselah

Aug 25, 2011
I am not with the laptop so can't report . any moderator can please clean this thread or lock it. Unnecessary replies. I don't understand why so much fuss when you know the real thing and a buddy here just quoted whole country people. .....
And I am editing this to say sorry to shut some nonsense people who are showing disgrace to my country. .... I didn't said anything wrong apart from facts.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2959524
Sent from my XT1033 using XDA Free mobile app

Last edited:

Moscow Desire

Retired Senior Moderator
No one has EDITED right to say anything about any country, mind your words. By reading all the above post is such noobish, u all are proving that whose country is poor and whose country is rich. No one gives a EDITED to such noob and immature guys with such noobish thoughts.

Well, let me clear some things up.....

1) Phones and Android could care less what country. Phones and XDA are not racist, nor will we tolerate it! Period!

2) XDA is a site to "LEARN". And yes, not everybody who comes here is a top notch developer. Some "new" people want to learn, and XDA will help them.

Or maybe I should pull up some "noob" posts that "some" people made when they first joined? :eek:

Oh, By the way, we have profanity rules here...... I'd highly suggest not continuing in such manner, and treat other users with a touch more respect.

Cheers!

MD

Sk.D

Nov 16, 2012
City Of Dreams!!
Well, let me clear some things up.....

1) Phones and Android could care less what country. Phones and XDA are not racist, nor will we tolerate it! Period!

2) XDA is a site to "LEARN". And yes, not everybody who comes here is a top notch developer. Some "new" people want to learn, and XDA will help them.

Or maybe I should pull up some "noob" posts that "some" people made when they first joined? :eek:

Oh, By the way, we have profanity rules here...... I'd highly suggest not continuing in such manner, and treat other users with a touch more respect.

Cheers!

MD

Hey, yes I know xda is a place to learn and I fully admit it because I learned a lot of things from here. I responded so harshly because there we such post about some country which were really insulting. At that time no mods cleared up the mess(I don't know the reason why) , and just as I posted my post was deleted. Most of them starts as a noob even I was and still consider myself but have love for Androids and xda that taught me so many things. I never wanted to insult anyone but when someone says this ' country is poor' or a post like because' he is that countrymen' or 'your population is not even half of that country' , such kind of post shows so much hatred towards that country or that people. I also belong to one of that country. I didn't pointed someone directly but said it indirectly and since post was already reported was waiting for answers. Thanks for pointing my mistake but please delete post at that instant those are insulting to some people, community or a country.

Regards Sk.D

Last edited:

GermainZ

Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Mod
Aug 3, 2012
I responded so harshly because there we such post about some country which were really insulting
If a post breaks the rule, that doesn't make it right for you to reply in a manner that breaks the rules as well. Report it and move on instead of adding to the noise. Cheers. :)

At that time no mods cleared up the mess(I don't know the reason why)
Our greatest secret is revealed -- we're only human and aren't active 24/7! D:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Moto 30 Ultra description has a small error:

"The device is powered by a 4610mAh with 50W fast charging."

This is the right data:
    125W wired
    50W wireless
    10W reverse wireless
    @the_scotsman

Sir, above for your attention.
    https://www.gsmarena.com/motorola_edge_30_ultra-11206.php
    Rather than sending a PM to an individual Moderator, please feel free to ask questions in need of Moderator or Admin assistance. We will all be monitoring this thread, and someone will reply without much delay. In order to hopefully address some of the possible questions, please review the following points which frequently come up:

• Username Change - Send a PM to either MikeChannon or the_scotsman in the first instance. Be sure to include what you would like your name changed to, and also why you want it changed. Providing that information in the initial PM will save us a reply asking for it. There is no official limit on name changes, but keep it reasonable or you'll be stuck.
    • New Forum Requests
    • Operator or Country Flag Incorrect/Missing

If you are not a moderator or admin on the forums, please do NOT respond to any posts in the thread. This includes the incredibly tempting. Given the overall size of XDA and potential ramifications, we need to ensure that only people authorized to speak on our behalf do so. Please, and thank you in advance.

Edit done to OP for updates by CJK

This thread hereby replaces (requests) From the Users to the Mods & Admins, which has been closed and archived. There will be zero tolerance for off topic posting in here. Regardless of forum reputation, warnings and/or infractions will be issued to anyone disregarding such a simple request. There will also be no flaming of members posting in here. Report it, and move along.
    Last 3-4 of my 6 post reports have been dismissed without even getting "review"ed (I checked back the post by clicking on "report post" button and it doesnt even show "this post has been reported" notice). What could be reason to this? I want to think that it is not personal...

They were reviewed. Sometimes moderators take no action, as they think that none is required. It's not personal, don't worry about it :)
    Last 3-4 of my 6 post reports have been dismissed without even getting "review"ed (I checked back the post by clicking on "report post" button and it doesnt even show "this post has been reported" notice). What could be reason to this? I want to think that it is not personal...
    Hello and thank you for the forum! I can't add to My Devices that I have a Xiaomi Redmi 4A. A bug in the forum software?
    I am unable to private message anyone on xda website, only the option to send by email.

What do you mean?

What way are you trying to send a Private message?

You can go to your PM Inbox and New Private Message, and send a PM to anyone.

But if you click on someone's username in the forums, and you don't see the Private Message option, that person has disabled allowing other members to send them a PM.