Help! Trouble with restoring

Search This thread

ItsKarriD

Jan 29, 2013
Soooo I've been on CM10 for awhile now and haven't had any trouble before. I've been updating from one nightly to the next. But as of recently the team made the next update to a CM10.1 (4.2) nightly. I've tried out CM10.1 and would of kept it as my daily driver if it weren't for the screen tearing and lack of LTE by default (earlier builds). Anyways, long story short I decided to update to the CM10.1 nightly by dirty flashing it and it didn't work. So I tried to restore to the backup I made and it didn't do anything! I just stayed at the CyanogenMod boot up screen. I literally let it sit there for a good 5 minutes and nothing happened. I thought about flashing the boot.img but see my data cable is busted :(

Can someone throw me some ideas or reasons for why I my restore isn't working? Do I still have to flash the boot.img even though its just a restore? PLEASE HELP! :confused:

Venomtester

Jan 28, 2013
Columbia
Soooo I've been on CM10 for awhile now and haven't had any trouble before. I've been updating from one nightly to the next. But as of recently the team made the next update to a CM10.1 (4.2) nightly. I've tried out CM10.1 and would of kept it as my daily driver if it weren't for the screen tearing and lack of LTE by default (earlier builds). Anyways, long story short I decided to update to the CM10.1 nightly by dirty flashing it and it didn't work. So I tried to restore to the backup I made and it didn't do anything! I just stayed at the CyanogenMod boot up screen. I literally let it sit there for a good 5 minutes and nothing happened. I thought about flashing the boot.img but see my data cable is busted :(

Can someone throw me some ideas or reasons for why I my restore isn't working? Do I still have to flash the boot.img even though its just a restore? PLEASE HELP! :confused:

Depending on your HBoot, yes you will have to flash the boot image for the rom. Even if you back up in TWRP the boot image is lost when you flash over. I found it out the hard way. The best recovery is one with a built in aroma installer that will work with your HBoot. One is a Scott and one is a Nocturnal. I was lucky and recovered Viper XL 3.1.0 on top of 3.2.3 boot image but I would not want to try it again. Unless you have strored the boot image in recovery, find a cable and flash image. Hope this helps.
AT&T HTC OneX
Android 4.1.1
ViperXL