I am looking at getting the phone too. From what I understand is when your bootloader is locked, it will only load signed boot partitions. So any modification to the boot partition outside of the official stock kernel will not boot when locked. So installing any custom kernel (OC/UV/etc) with stock rom needs unlocked bootloader, or installing CM (which has it's own kernel anyway). So best is getting custom roms (only modified system) with stock kernel.
Also like already said, unlocked bootloader means no updates from Sony. I would backup TA at all costs anyway.
I doubt stock kernel supports kexec, but I guess you can hack the system init process to load different ramdisks. Which is why I guess they are having trouble with locked bootloaders with recovery ramdisks in the dev forum.
I am waiting for the C6806. Here are my plans:
1. Root using vroot (hope it doesn't infect TA with something ;o)
2. Backup TA Partition
4. Deal with loss of DRM
5. Install whatever ROM/kernel for daily usage
6. (maybe make official TWRP)
7. Get official updates by restoring TA partition, stock kernel if necessary
1. Root using vroot
2. Backup TA Paritition
3. Stick with stock kernel
4. Help with getting locked 2nd ramdisk working with stock init
5. Is the stock ROM awesome enough? (Not sure since we don't have 4.3
Also hoping info comes out about ATT bootloader soon on Note 3.
LTE phone is out by 9/25 I am thinking with US warranty support. (C6806)
Phone: Tmobile Galaxy Note 3 Sim unlocked
ROM: Touchwiz stock SELINUX Enforcing
64 GB Class 10 Sandisk
If you need help please, please, please, please post recovery.log.
1. adb pull /tmp/recovery.log or Advanced->Copy Log to SDCard
2. Upload /tmp/recovery.log or /sdcard/recovery.log to http://paste.tinyw.in
How to submit a bug report!