Is it possible to reset ODIN Custom counter? Just in case...

Search This thread

fabpitou75

Nov 8, 2013
Hi all,
I have searched for any info on this and it seems like the "[root] Triangle Away" app may be able to reset the counter but I couldn't find anyone that tried it with the Galaxy Tab 7.7?
As our tab is very much like a Galaxy S2, I am thinking it may work but cannot be certain.
It is not like I really care right now but I still have 11 months of warranty and was curious if this could be done.
Many thanks.

MRBR7

May 27, 2012
Im not sure the 7.7 has a flash counter in it at all.
My S3 did and could be reset by triangle away..
The best way to do it on devices that have a flash counter is..
use odin to flash older version of Rom.eg ICS or lower JB version but for our 7.7 its ICS..
Need to root to use triangle away and first remove any custom recovery,make sure its stock recovery.
use triangle away and after reset counter dont restart tab or phone go straight to download mode..
look at download mode and check flash counter and its samsung stock firmware.
sometime it requires a few times to acheive this and after a few restarts it will stop showing stock again..
even though its been reset.another tip is to remove sim card and any SD cards whilst doing this as some reason
SD cards can somehow trigger flash counter?
Once its looking correct in download mode restart device and do a OTA update to latest firmware..
This will reset you to a new locked boot loader and you will definatley have stock rom and 0 flash counter..
to keep it this way dont root or use custom recoverys...
mainly its for newer things like the S3 im sure the 7.7 doesnt have a "locked Bootloader" but i may be wrong..
also if it doesnt have a locked boot loader its easier to do than what i typed..
you cant update OTA with root or custom recovery or non stock rom..
hope this helps its what i found with reguards to my s3 and getting it back to stock for warrenty..

UpInTheAir

Account currently disabled
Jan 17, 2011
Phuket, Thailand
There is a Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 flash counter introduced for P6800 JB 4.1.2 DXMD3, so any modified ROM, kernel or recovery flashed via PC Odin will increase the counter.

I just reset mine from 58 > 0 :)

How ??

1. Have installed my P6810 / P6800 SkyHigh kernel for JB 4.1.2 (patched for triangle away compatibility)
2. Install triangle away app v3.26
3. Reset counter
4. Reboot as requested
5. To check > open app again, or, power off and enter download mode

Your custom ROM, kernel, recovery & root remain intact ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: karlsbug

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    There is a Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 flash counter introduced for P6800 JB 4.1.2 DXMD3, so any modified ROM, kernel or recovery flashed via PC Odin will increase the counter.

I just reset mine from 58 > 0 :)

How ??

1. Have installed my P6810 / P6800 SkyHigh kernel for JB 4.1.2 (patched for triangle away compatibility)
    2. Install triangle away app v3.26
    3. Reset counter
    4. Reboot as requested
    5. To check > open app again, or, power off and enter download mode

Your custom ROM, kernel, recovery & root remain intact ;)