HELP! Did I brick my new note 3? :(

Search This thread

jthornton71707

Apr 13, 2010
Hey guys. Ive had a note 3 before in the past and have used the Root DelaVega to root successfully. This was early in the year. I sold my old note 3 for an HTC One. Well today i traded my HTC One back for a note 3 as i missed the Note 3. As soon as i came home i attempted to use the Root DelaVega method to foot (just like i did before) and immediately it failed.

I have been stuck on a screen saying "firmware update encountered an issue - select recovery in Kies" so i tried Kies 3.2 however it says my device is not compatible. Come to find out after doing research (talking to the original owner i traded my HTC One for) the Note 3 i have is on the latest version of KitKat 4.4.2 that is not compatible with the Root DelaVega method or any root method - so i screwed that up. I can successfully boot in and out of download mode. Ive tried to flash N900XXUDNA6 4.4.2 in Odin several times, it begins then fails almost immediately and the bar on the phone itself (in download mode) begins then freezes shortly after beginning. Ive also tried to flash N900XXUDNC1 JellyBean thru odin and get the same results - almost immediately fail and the blue status bar on the phone freezes when it barley begins. What else can i do??? am i totally screwed? Ive been researching and trying to fix this for 6 straight hours now! My gf is about to kill me for being online so long Is there anything i can do at this point? Am i stuck

[UPDATE] .after looking around all day i have found i am able to successfully flash the n900a AP, CP, and PIT files, however the problems seems to be whenever i try to flash a Bootloader file. The update gives me the error on the phone "SW REV CHECK FAIL" FUSED 3 BINARY 2. My knox counter is still 0x0. By flashing the at&t AP, PIT, and CP files the phone now boot loops and no longer takes me to the screen requesting me to restore thru KIES. However all it does it bootloop. I try to boot into recovery and it will tell me at the top left of the screen "booting recovery" but then just turn off and go right back to the "samsung galaxy note 3 screen" Does anything have any idea here?????

Last edited:

jerrycoffman45

Sep 19, 2011
ashland ky
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Hey guys. Ive had a note 3 before in the past and have used the Root DelaVega to root successfully. This was early in the year. I sold my old note 3 for an HTC One. Well today i traded my HTC One back for a note 3 as i missed the Note 3. As soon as i came home i attempted to use the Root DelaVega method to foot (just like i did before) and immediately it failed.

I have been stuck on a screen saying "firmware update encountered an issue - select recovery in Kies" so i tried Kies 3.2 however it says my device is not compatible. Come to find out after doing research (talking to the original owner i traded my HTC One for) the Note 3 i have is on the latest version of KitKat 4.4.2 that is not compatible with the Root DelaVega method or any root method - so i screwed that up. I can successfully boot in and out of download mode. Ive tried to flash N900XXUDNA6 4.4.2 in Odin several times, it begins then fails almost immediately and the bar on the phone itself (in download mode) begins then freezes shortly after beginning. Ive also tried to flash N900XXUDNC1 JellyBean thru odin and get the same results - almost immediately fail and the blue status bar on the phone freezes when it barley begins. What else can i do??? am i totally screwed? Ive been researching and trying to fix this for 6 straight hours now! My gf is about to kill me for being online so long Is there anything i can do at this point? Am i stuck.

if you have a att note 3 you might be screwed both the firmwares you list are not for our phone your best bet would be to go to a best buy or att service center and seee if they can reflash your phone

kangi26

Retired Forum Moderator
Nov 8, 2006
Seattle
Is there a tar for the AT&T firmware? I've searched but this was all I could find.

Yeah, it seems that the N900XXUDNA6 is not for the US Variant
"N900XXUDNA6 Android 4.4.2 KitKat official firmware update for Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900 is now rolled out by Samsung. This is the first KitKat official firmware for Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900. The firmware update rolled out in various countries including Sri Lanka, Nepal, Indonesia, Singapore, Vietnam, Kazakhstan, Ukraine, Russia, Thailand and India"

The DNA6 would be for the SM-N900 Exynos CPU devices, not the SM-N900A Snapdragon. That is probably your problem (In addition to trying to roll back to JB from KK)
Unfortunately, I dont know of any stock KitKat firmware. There is MI9 on Samfirmware's site, but that is JB not KitKat

Last edited:

jthornton71707

Apr 13, 2010

So after looking around all day i have found i am able to successfully flash the n900a AP, CP, and PIT files, however the problems seems to be whenever i try to flash a Bootloader file. The update gives me the error on the phone "SW REV CHECK FAIL" FUSED 3 BINARY 2. My knox counter is still 0x0. By flashing the at&t AP, PIT, and CP files the phone now boot loops and no longer takes me to the screen requesting me to restore thru KIES. However all it does it bootloop. I try to boot into recovery and it will tell me at the top left of the screen "booting recovery" but then just turn off and go right back to the "samsung galaxy note 3 screen" Does anything have any idea here?????

kangi26

Retired Forum Moderator
Nov 8, 2006
Seattle
So after looking around all day i have found i am able to successfully flash the n900a AP, CP, and PIT files, however the problems seems to be whenever i try to flash a Bootloader file. The update gives me the error on the phone "SW REV CHECK FAIL" FUSED 3 BINARY 2. My knox counter is still 0x0. By flashing the at&t AP, PIT, and CP files the phone now boot loops and no longer takes me to the screen requesting me to restore thru KIES. However all it does it bootloop. I try to boot into recovery and it will tell me at the top left of the screen "booting recovery" but then just turn off and go right back to the "samsung galaxy note 3 screen" Does anything have any idea here?????

You could try to stop the boot, go back into Recovery and wipe cache, and wipe all data. I had an experience with my last device (SGSIII) that would boot loop sometimes when flashing back to a stock ROM.
Other than that, I dont have any other ideas

Just Googled the "SW REV CHECK FAIL" FUSED 3 BINARY 2", from what I found the Fused 3 means you were on Kit Kat, and Binary 2 basically means you are trying to downgrade to JB

Last edited:

jthornton71707

Apr 13, 2010
It wont let me even boot into recovery. I hold the buttons and it boots back up saying "booting into recovery" like it is, then it just boot loops again.

kangi26

Retired Forum Moderator
Nov 8, 2006
Seattle
It wont let me even boot into recovery. I hold the buttons and it boots back up saying "booting into recovery" like it is, then it just boot loops again.

The only other things I saw on that, suggested to users(on a different Samsung device) to use a jig to get it back into recovery. I am not familiar enough with the N3 yet to know if a jig will work on our devices. My guess is you messed up the bootloaders

Edit** I think that since things are so locked down that your best bet might be to try what jerrycoffman45 suggested a few posts ago

Last edited:
Reactions: jerrycoffman45

jerrycoffman45

Sep 19, 2011
ashland ky
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
There is no firmware to download for 4.4.2 yet so you are stuck till there is or do what I suggested you could also do a warranty exchange by calling att and you can't just go to any att store it has to be a service center

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 05:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:25 PM ----------
This might get you running
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2703006

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Last edited:

coreygunz23

Mar 6, 2014
anchorage

I have been stuck on a screen saying "firmware update encountered an issue - select recovery in Kies" so i tried Kies 3.2 however it says my device is not compatible. Come to find out after doing research (talking to the original owner i traded my HTC One for) the Note 3 i have is on the latest version of KitKat 4.4.2 that is not compatible with the Root DelaVega method or any root method - so i screwed that up. I can successfully boot in and out of download mode. Ive tried to flash N900XXUDNA6 4.4.2 in Odin several times, it begins then fails almost immediately and the bar on the phone itself (in download mode) begins then freezes shortly after beginning. Ive also tried to flash N900XXUDNC1 JellyBean thru odin and get the same results - almost immediately fail and the blue status bar on the phone freezes when it barley begins. What else can i do??? am i totally screwed? Ive been researching and trying to fix this for 6 straight hours now! My gf is about to kill me for being online so long Is there anything i can do at this point? Am i stuck

[UPDATE] .after looking around all day i have found i am able to successfully flash the n900a AP, CP, and PIT files, however the problems seems to be whenever i try to flash a Bootloader file. The update gives me the error on the phone "SW REV CHECK FAIL" FUSED 3 BINARY 2. My knox counter is still 0x0. By flashing the at&t AP, PIT, and CP files the phone now boot loops and no longer takes me to the screen requesting me to restore thru KIES. However all it does it bootloop. I try to boot into recovery and it will tell me at the top left of the screen "booting recovery" but then just turn off and go right back to the "samsung galaxy note 3 screen" Does anything have any idea here?????

Still need help?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

The only other things I saw on that, suggested to users(on a different Samsung device) to use a jig to get it back into recovery. I am not familiar enough with the N3 yet to know if a jig will work on our devices. My guess is you messed up the bootloaders

Edit** I think that since things are so locked down that your best bet might be to try what jerrycoffman45 suggested a few posts ago