[REVIEW] Naztech Extended Battery (2400mAh)

Search This thread

prefanatic

Nov 22, 2010
So I was told to make a review when I got this, cause people want reviews to see stuff and that ****. Now, onto the review.

Experience:
Arriving home one fateful afternoon, I noticed I had a package from Amazon. I opened up the box like a little fat kid in a candy store, and to my surprise, I didn't get half the item. Sent it back, got another one, all that fancy ****, and I opened it up. As initial impressions goes,
  • Smelt funny.
  • The back door is the same "rubber" material as on some of the Logitech mice, and the CR-48.
  • Battery had some weight to it.
  • The door cover is MUCH more ridgid than the stock one.

So I put it in and all that fun stuff, tried it out, and yeah. I ran the screen on for about 5 hours, from a 100% charged battery, and I dropped down to 75% in the end. I guess this is somewhat expected, considering the capacity of this battery is almost 2x the stock. Running superclean, standard kernel, the jist.

tl;dr

Pros:
  • Makes the phone feel more ridgid, stable, sturdy.
  • LONG battery life, as expected.
  • Nice grip to the phone.
  • Generally feels nice on the fingers; i.e they don't stick.
  • Raises the phone up a bit so the camera lense doesn't get scratched.

Cons:
  • Smells funky; probably the packaging.
  • Took me about 15 minutes to get it off. Snaps on so tight that it doesn't come back off easily.
  • My CR-48 material covering comes off easy, and this is the same material, so I'm worried its going to happen here as well.

This thing costs $24 as of now; if you have the money to spend I see no reason why not to get this, unless you have a limited supply of pocket space; then you're screwed.

Ask me in the channel for pictures, XDA won't let me throw em here.

Last edited:

bobloblaw1

May 25, 2010
I just took your advice. I hold you personally responsible if I don't like it. =P

Better battery + a less plastic-ey feel? I'm in.

Last edited:

prefanatic

Nov 22, 2010
I just took your advice. I hold you personally responsible if I don't like it. =P

Better battery + a less plastic-ey feel? I'm in.

Its really great, I'm sure you'd like it.

is naztech a good brand? does the advertised mah match up to the actual?

thanks,

Basing my information on my time with the battery, I'd say its a good brand. They sell other things too, got a website; they mostly do apparel for electronics. Also, yes, the advertised product is exactly as it is.

bobloblaw1

May 25, 2010
Okay. So I have the casing and battery and have had it on for about the last last 24 hours so I will share what I think so far.

Casing: I am thoroughly impressed with the quality of the casing. Honestly, it feels quite similar to the "soft touch" casing that, is found on HTC phones. This is a major plus for me as I hated how plastic-ey the stock casing felt.

The casing is a bit thick though. Id say it close to doubles the thickness of the phone. This isn't as bad as it sounds though as the fascinate us a thin phone to begin with. Personally I don't mind the added thickness and it might even sit a bit better in my hand. My girlfriend however has small hands and dislikes the phone being bigger.

The short version: case feels great. The thickness may or may not bother you.

As for the battery, the life seems good but I'm going to give it a few days to calibrate before I give a final impression.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using XDA Premium App

Reactions: prefanatic

mypantsaretorn

Oct 7, 2006
I went through my first day with this battery and I have the exact same impressions as below. The added thickness bothered me at first but I think I'm already starting to get used to it after only one day of use.

I unplugged my phone at 830 this morning and it's now just past 1030 for an uptime of over 14 hours and I have 51% left. This is just amazing considering my phone usually dies after 6-8 hours of use.

Final impressions: the best $24 I ever spent on any phone accessory I ever purchased!

Okay. So I have the casing and battery and have had it on for about the last last 24 hours so I will share what I think so far.

Casing: I am thoroughly impressed with the quality of the casing. Honestly, it feels quite similar to the "soft touch" casing that, is found on HTC phones. This is a major plus for me as I hated how plastic-ey the stock casing felt.

The casing is a bit thick though. Id say it close to doubles the thickness of the phone. This isn't as bad as it sounds though as the fascinate us a thin phone to begin with. Personally I don't mind the added thickness and it might even sit a bit better in my hand. My girlfriend however has small hands and dislikes the phone being bigger.

As for the battery, the life seems good but I'm going to give it a few days to calibrate before I give a final impression.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using XDA App

Reactions: prefanatic

Jmatch

Feb 12, 2011
Now I just got mine do I need to charge or do anything special?

CC268

Apr 4, 2011
Cave Creek
I am going to look into getting a sweet battery, but not real familiar with them, what brands make batteries for these phones?

lane32x

Oct 10, 2010
So this one can be charged using the phone? Or do you have to use an external charger?

Robtao

Oct 19, 2007
So is the added fatness worth it? I know I wouldn't be comfortable with a huge lump in my pocket. :(
If you're gonna have such a huge ass on your phone, why not go with http://www.amazon.com/Seidio-Innocell-Extended-Battery-Fascinate/dp/B004GHMS0S/ref=pd_cp_cps_1
or
http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-EB145152YZ-Extended-EBC-985EBZ-Fascinate/dp/B00479QDU6/ref=pd_cp_cps_2

:D

No lump, just thicker (about twice), from the pictures. Just what I have been looking for. For $24, I've got to try it. Still at Amazon, same price, in stock, they say.

Just ordered it. I am used to paying $70 at Seidio for other extended batteries.

vgupman

Jan 24, 2011
Chicago, IL
So this one can be charged using the phone? Or do you have to use an external charger?

Charges in the phone. Added thickness isn't so bad.

EDIT: By far the worst thing so far has been prying the damn cover off. Almost ripped my fingernail off...

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So I was told to make a review when I got this, cause people want reviews to see stuff and that ****. Now, onto the review.

Experience:
    Arriving home one fateful afternoon, I noticed I had a package from Amazon. I opened up the box like a little fat kid in a candy store, and to my surprise, I didn't get half the item. Sent it back, got another one, all that fancy ****, and I opened it up. As initial impressions goes,
    • Smelt funny.
    • The back door is the same "rubber" material as on some of the Logitech mice, and the CR-48.
    • Battery had some weight to it.
    • The door cover is MUCH more ridgid than the stock one.

So I put it in and all that fun stuff, tried it out, and yeah. I ran the screen on for about 5 hours, from a 100% charged battery, and I dropped down to 75% in the end. I guess this is somewhat expected, considering the capacity of this battery is almost 2x the stock. Running superclean, standard kernel, the jist.

tl;dr

Pros:
    • Makes the phone feel more ridgid, stable, sturdy.
    • LONG battery life, as expected.
    • Nice grip to the phone.
    • Generally feels nice on the fingers; i.e they don't stick.
    • Raises the phone up a bit so the camera lense doesn't get scratched.

Cons:
    • Smells funky; probably the packaging.
    • Took me about 15 minutes to get it off. Snaps on so tight that it doesn't come back off easily.
    • My CR-48 material covering comes off easy, and this is the same material, so I'm worried its going to happen here as well.

This thing costs $24 as of now; if you have the money to spend I see no reason why not to get this, unless you have a limited supply of pocket space; then you're screwed.

Ask me in the channel for pictures, XDA won't let me throw em here.

I went through my first day with this battery and I have the exact same impressions as below. The added thickness bothered me at first but I think I'm already starting to get used to it after only one day of use.

I unplugged my phone at 830 this morning and it's now just past 1030 for an uptime of over 14 hours and I have 51% left. This is just amazing considering my phone usually dies after 6-8 hours of use.

Final impressions: the best $24 I ever spent on any phone accessory I ever purchased!