[ROM][NIGHTLY] CyanogenMod 9 KANG [UNOFFICIAL]

Search This thread

agraceful

Mar 29, 2011
Any bugs from these builds go here since these nightly builds aren't supported by cm or fxp, these builds are brought to us by the awesome sixstringsg. Thank you for reporting :)

Spizzy01

Nov 20, 2011
ROM is awesome so far. Got the latest build.

No crashes as of yet, but certain things don't run very well. Can't really get 60fps on Fpse at anytime or get most games to load, but nevermind! You can't on most ICS ROMs.

I've not tried overclocking yet because I'm using the KeiCS kernel and have no idea what the voltages are set to, on that note though if I can at least manage to get this to run games at 60fps then it'll be my daily driver from now on. At least until they make a better ICS ROM with better performance. Or a GB ROM that can run Guild Wars 2... xD

Also - CM9 bootscreens are amazing as always. Epic. ><

RozenTensai

Apr 15, 2011
Panama
My word of advice :p
I use mainly emulators so the only way to get ~60fps (with some skips) in my case is to use the smartass governors, because the interactive governor doesn't play well with emulators. I'm using it underclocked at 61-576MHz and the emus and my Play still runs very smooth! Note that I'm using now the KeiCS kernel.

Sent from my Xperia Play using XDA

Last edited:
Reactions: Mogul345

Leraeniesh

Aug 1, 2011
Detroit
Does anyone know if the Cyanogen team is going to continue using the current boot animation, or create a new one featuring the new mascot?

EDIT: Fun new changes :D

device-2012-05-27-194610.png

device-2012-05-27-194618.png

device-2012-05-27-194628.png

device-2012-05-27-194723.png

Last edited:

xanderharris86

Aug 7, 2010
Kissimmee, Florida
I just tried installing the newest nightly on my phone (5/28) and after installing the CDMA fix I'm still not getting any network connections, just wifi. Is it a bad build or am I doing something wrong? I'm going to attempt the most popular build on the list and see if that fixes the problem.

EDIT: I tried starting from scratch and it worked. I think the problem was I initially forget to flash the cdma fix and had to go BACK into CWM to flash it after the initial boot. It finally took when I flashed the rom/fix in the same recovery session.

EDIT EDIT: Camera seems to cause force reboot...

Last edited:

Leraeniesh

Aug 1, 2011
Detroit
I just tried installing the newest nightly on my phone (5/28) and after installing the CDMA fix I'm still not getting any network connections, just wifi. Is it a bad build or am I doing something wrong? I'm going to attempt the most popular build on the list and see if that fixes the problem.

EDIT: I tried starting from scratch and it worked. I think the problem was I initially forget to flash the cdma fix and had to go BACK into CWM to flash it after the initial boot. It finally took when I flashed the rom/fix in the same recovery session.

EDIT EDIT: Camera seems to cause force reboot...

Clearing the data on Camera did the trick for me.

xKDCx

Dec 11, 2007
are the fxp changes included in this rom?
because the changelog of fxp says somewhere bt audio got fixed

216Monster

Oct 17, 2011
Ohio
Have any CDMA users found a fix for sending large texts? Not MMS I mean large texts over 160 characters. I remember there was a fix made for the UK rom, someplace inside the mms apk but idk what was done and I idk where to start with that sort of work.

Sent from my R800x using xda premium

Last edited:

agraceful

Mar 29, 2011
Have any CDMA users found a fix for sending large texts? Not MMS I mean large texts over 160 characters. I remember there was a fix made for the UK rom, someplace inside the mms apk but idk what was done and I idk where to start with that sort of work.

Do you want to send over 160 or split it? I use gosmspro and I can send over 160 and split them. I never use stock :)

216Monster

Oct 17, 2011
Ohio
Do you want to send over 160 or split it? I use gosmspro and I can send over 160 and split them. I never use stock :)

I would like to send over 160 in one text, like it works on stock mms apk. I know there's a way to fix it, I just haven't found the answer so far.

xanderharris86

Aug 7, 2010
Kissimmee, Florida
Another stupid noob question about this rom, since it's for GSM, but works with cdma with the fix. One of the times I tried to flash it it gave me an error about it being GSM and aborted installation in CWM... I can't give you specifics because I'm currently on a working version... but this was before I even had the chance to apply the cdma fix on top of it. Does anyone know what might have caused it? I'm just curious... I'm probably about to flash the new nightly in a few minutes and am worried it could happen again

EDIT: I just tried and it did it again, it gives errors about the device not being r800i, which I obviously know it isn't.

---------- Post added at 09:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:41 PM ----------

Here's my error:

assert failed: getprop("ro.product.device") == r800i
and then this line repeates for the different gsm play types r800a etc etc etc

Last edited:

sixstringsg

Retired Forum Mod / Retired Recognized Developer
Apr 11, 2009
Dallas, TX
Another stupid noob question about this rom, since it's for GSM, but works with cdma with the fix. One of the times I tried to flash it it gave me an error about it being GSM and aborted installation in CWM... I can't give you specifics because I'm currently on a working version... but this was before I even had the chance to apply the cdma fix on top of it. Does anyone know what might have caused it? I'm just curious... I'm probably about to flash the new nightly in a few minutes and am worried it could happen again

EDIT: I just tried and it did it again, it gives errors about the device not being r800i, which I obviously know it isn't.

---------- Post added at 09:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:41 PM ----------

Here's my error:

assert failed: getprop("ro.product.device") == r800i
and then this line repeates for the different gsm play types r800a etc etc etc

You can modify the updater script to remove that.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    They should build every night, if they don't build for three or four nights in a row, shoot me a PM and I'll fix it. I should notice before then though.
    BIG thanks to sixstringsg for building nightlies for us on his server as official CM nightlies cannot be enabled for our device yet as there is still some stuff broken.

These are technically unofficial, so please do not file bug reports to FreeXperia or CyanogenMod, and instead post issues in this thread.

You can download the ROM from here: http://androtransfer.com/?developer=nightlies&folder=zeus

The ROM is GSM, so if you are a CDMA user, flash this over the top. If you are CDMA and are flashing this for the first time, please post for more assistance.

Working:
    Video decoder for playback
    Camera back and front
    GSM & 3G Data
    WiFi
    Bluetooth
    GPS
    USB Tethering
    Touchpads (semi-working, our implementation)
    Game pad
    Sound
    3D and 2D (adreno)
    Recovery
    FPS uncapped
    Stereo sound
    Audio over Bluetooth
    Video recording

Not working:
    Full touch pad support.
    WiFi hotspot

Bug reports on this thread please.

Remember, sixstringsg is behind this, so he is the one to thank.
    Man, I never expected to see sixstringsg here. I've enjoyed your work with the Glitch Kernel on the Fascinate, and now you've followed me here. The dev community just keeps getting better and better for this phone!

I'm not developing here, just helping out the community wherever I can. I heard you didn't have nightlies and wanted them, so I offered my server/time to do it.
    For the more nerdy of you, here's the bot that builds your builds: http://exynos.co:8080/job/cm9git/ It will show you console output if you want to watch it build for some reason, and it will show build errors.
    zeusc builds are now up.