[Q] Google Play Edition Wifi MMS/Group Messaging

Search This thread

over88mph

Sep 30, 2010
Does the GPE have a stock messaging app or just Hangouts ?
I need to be on Wifi Calling only at work (cell signal is non existent) and have seen (and experienced on GSIII) that Hangouts has trouble with MMS and group messaging on wifi only.
Choosing Cell Network preferred on my GSIII does not help because it locks onto a junk signal and just fails the text instead of trying Wifi.
I am worried about the GPE having same issue.
The solutions seems to be stock messaging but is that an option on the GPE ? Will I have to use Textra to do MMS/group messaging ? Will that even work ?
http://johnalvarez.net/?p=2062 seems to have similar issue

grentuu

Jan 9, 2011
Just outside of Manchester UK
Does the GPE have a stock messaging app or just Hangouts ?
I need to be on Wifi Calling only at work (cell signal is non existent) and have seen (and experienced on GSIII) that Hangouts has trouble with MMS and group messaging on wifi only.
Choosing Cell Network preferred on my GSIII does not help because it locks onto a junk signal and just fails the text instead of trying Wifi.
I am worried about the GPE having same issue.
The solutions seems to be stock messaging but is that an option on the GPE ? Will I have to use Textra to do MMS/group messaging ? Will that even work ?
http://johnalvarez.net/?p=2062 seems to have similar issue

Hangouts

over88mph

Sep 30, 2010

Hangouts does not work with Wifi Calling MMS on Tmobile.
Searching "htc one m8 google play edition wifi tmobile mms" yields tons of discussions of problems.
Apparently tmobile will not allow 3rd party text apps to take advantage of MMS on wifi only.
The only solution appears to be using "stock messaging" to send MMS on wifi. But GPE does not have "stock messaging" only hangouts.
However, Tmobile has told me the GPE does not support wifi calling at all, so I'll be sending it back.

grentuu

Jan 9, 2011
Just outside of Manchester UK
Hangouts does not work with Wifi Calling MMS on Tmobile.
Searching "htc one m8 google play edition wifi tmobile mms" yields tons of discussions of problems.
Apparently tmobile will not allow 3rd party text apps to take advantage of MMS on wifi only.
The only solution appears to be using "stock messaging" to send MMS on wifi. But GPE does not have "stock messaging" only hangouts.
However, Tmobile has told me the GPE does not support wifi calling at all, so I'll be sending it back.

Just go for the sense version