[prj][XDANDROID][AOSP][FROYO|GINGERBREAD][31.03]SYSTEM UPDATES

Search This thread

viruscrazy

Apr 17, 2008
dmesg file attached from a HTC Touch Pro running your zImage, couldn't find the attach to pm ;-)
First impression is that charge indicator works again, and shown percentage seems correct.

Hi,

Thanks for you log. Can you confirm that your battery is a 1340mAh written on the battery itself) .

Regards.

@camro : we can talk about that on htc-linux tomorrow if I can find some time. Have a look to the battery driver, you will see that the battery level when discharging is already divede in 4 states with 4 "coeffs" to compute the level from the voltage.

Alos, the voltage formula is based on some values dependant on each phone model. I've disassembled battery drivers from 4-5 devices to gather datas on battery but maybe I missed some devices.

CeasarRAPH100

May 25, 2010
Gothenburg
Hi,

Thanks for you log. Can you confirm that your battery is a 1340mAh written on the battery itself) .

Regards.

@camro : we can talk about that on htc-linux tomorrow if I can find some time. Have a look to the battery driver, you will see that the battery level when discharging is already divede in 4 states with 4 "coeffs" to compute the level from the voltage.

Alos, the voltage formula is based on some values dependant on each phone model. I've disassembled battery drivers from 4-5 devices to gather datas on battery but maybe I missed some devices.

Yes it is a standard 1340mAh battery that comes with the phone.
Noticed also that WiFi is broken get error when trying to enable as already mentioned before.

mrvanx

Retired Moderator
Aug 27, 2006
York
www.mrvanx.org
OnePlus 6
DEVELOPMENT TESTERS NEEDED
.....I'm currently working on the battery driver for our htc devices and I need some people to test this driver....

....For people who wants to help me to improve or confirm that this driver is fully working, please send me your dmesg log (if you don't know how to do it, look at the end of the thread for a quick how-to)......

Heres my dmesg.log, from a RAPH100 using the standard 1340mAh battery. Although Im sceptical as to how effective this battery is now after 2 years or so of use.....my hermes battery also went a bit weird so I bought a 1500mAh version.

Incidently does anyone know if there is such a beast as a 1500mAh battery in the same size as the official one??

P.S: had to zip the file since it exceeds the forum limit of 87K !?!

Attachments

• dmesg.zip
    24 KB · Views: 9

lugiber

Mar 25, 2009
Stockholm
At first glance the battery patches seems to do the job perfectly! Good work!
Anyway, here's my dmesg output with a standard 1340mAh and a noname 2400mAh battery.
Hope it helps!

Attachments

• 1340mah.txt
    56.5 KB · Views: 18
  • 2400mah.txt
    58.8 KB · Views: 14

diamond_lover

Apr 2, 2009
Top Secret

Hi everybody.

[.....]

For diamond users :

I've also improved the diamond panel management (especially the power on / off sequence) by analyzing the winmo drivers. As I don"t have severals diamond to test the driver, I need some peoples to test the changes (especially to test the power on / off).
The following link ( http://dl.free.fr/bMDfpL9tp ) contains the zImage that includes thoses improvements and the modified source files. This zImage also contains the battery patch above.
To test the panel driver, you will need to power on/off the screen at least 2 times because on first power on/off, the screen is not yet recognized and will not be fully power off (the actual driver already works that way).

Please, send me a dmesg log to help me improve this driver also.

How-to make a dmesg log :

1/ Go to the "Dev tools" menu and launch the "Terminal Emulator"
2/ type "cd sdcard" (without the quote)
3/ type "dmesg >dmesg.log" (without the quotes)
4/ Send me the dmesg file that will be made on the root of the SD card (either you can get it using android - don't work on my diamond - or you can get the file by rebooting the phone under winmo.

If you need some special help or want to contact me, just send me a pm.

Works great on my diam100, screen power on is really fast now :) Not all the times, but is better.
Also battery is more accurate, the battery level in WM was 64%, after android boot 53%. I will attach my dmesg tomorrow.
Btw thanks.

camro

Apr 20, 2007
Hi,

Regards.

ok, we will discuss this on #htx-linux...
for my device : blackstone -> Standard battery, Li-Ion 1350 mAh

in xls - my algo was now (in xls) to get the best to linear cap was now:
Code:
=IF(X>=4150;((X-3860)/7,1+52);
    IF(AND(X<4150;X>=4000);((X-3860)/19+77,5);
       IF(AND(X<4000;X>=3800);((X-3750)/3,9+21);
          IF(AND(X<3800;X>=3750);((X-3750)/3,6+20);
            IF(AND(X<3750;X>=3600);((X-3600)/8,3+2);
              IF(AND(X<3600;X>=3000);((X-3450)/75+0);0))))))
PS: X = mV

then i get the almost the linear time of battery cap.
(see black line on attached picture)

Attachments

• batt2.jpg
    batt2.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 42

x40sw0n

Jan 31, 2008
Portland
battery test

interesting. I am seeing some performance increase in battery life but a lot of that may be attributable to the fact that I have no data connection at all (no 2g/3g or wifi). Switching back to the original zimage resolves it so it is definitely something broken in this package.

I hate to rain on the parade but this is just what I am seeing so far. Not exactly scientific, but I do get the behavior on both a GSM Raph (Fuze) and the CDMA Raph (XV6850). The one caveat is that I cannot test 2g/3g on the gsm version as I don't have a working sim for it, but wifi does work on the handset under both winmo and previous zimage's.

Anyway, this line of reasoning sounds very promising so I am excited!

Both of my batteries are the stock 1340's so they are probably going to be just as accurate on either handset.

whoa. ok, that was weird. rebooted so I could pull dmsg (had sleep of death) and now 3g works.

Last edited:

hamagc

Nov 8, 2009
So Cal
Sidieo makes a 1500mah. I'll test and post some dmesgs tomorrow with the 1500mah

Sent from my MSM using Tapatalk

waterproof125

Nov 4, 2008

Sorry for the off topic questions but what clock widget are you using if you don't mind me asking?

PS. will try the Battery Fix zImage and will return with logs :)

Edit: After the first boot with the new zImage battery life slowly rose from somewhere around 5% to about 17-20%. After rebooting into WinMo battery life showed 34%. So this is some improvement (even BatteryLeft widget in Android showed 60%, so this is more accurate than the most accurate method I previously had), and maybe after more use the battery adjusts even more? I will send you logs soon.
BUT Wi-Fi is broken, while 3G still works (was able to download new battery widgets)

PPS. Pretty sure after this new zImage was used that there was a pretty significant increase in "Available Memory" cause before the max was close to 130Mb while now the max is 140Mb... so I guess not that significant but still. Maybe has to do with the disabled wifi but I dunno

Great job on the progress made :) and look at that I guess math does come in handy after all haha

Last edited:

viruscrazy

Apr 17, 2008
Hi

Thanks all for your logs. I will look at them carefully tonight.

Batteries others than original HTC battery may not be properly detected if they don't met the htc battery Id detection process (basically the battery Id is detected using a resistor that indicate the battery capacity). The driver only know the original batteries, not the aftermarket ones that HTC don't design.

For the wifi problem, maybe it is related to my modules or something like that, I didn't test this features ...:eek: ...

Anyway, the test is mainly for the battery driver before I submit this to the dev team. If it's ok, then it will be merged in the main source tree and will be available in the zImage autobuilds (that makes wifi working fine). I haven't modified network related files so I pretty sure that's only something related to compat-wireless stuff.

Thanks for all your comments and tests. Others tests are welcome (also the diamond panel stuff).

Regards, Jerome

babijoee

Retired Forum Moderator
Dec 7, 2008
Melbourne
Hi

Thanks all for your logs. I will look at them carefully tonight.

Batteries others than original HTC battery may not be properly detected if they don't met the htc battery Id detection process (basically the battery Id is detected using a resistor that indicate the battery capacity). The driver only know the original batteries, not the aftermarket ones that HTC don't design.

For the wifi problem, maybe it is related to my modules or something like that, I didn't test this features ...:eek: ...

Anyway, the test is mainly for the battery driver before I submit this to the dev team. If it's ok, then it will be merged in the main source tree and will be available in the zImage autobuilds (that makes wifi working fine). I haven't modified network related files so I pretty sure that's only something related to compat-wireless stuff.

Thanks for all your comments and tests. Others tests are welcome (also the diamond panel stuff).

Regards, Jerome

Nope, unless you provided the modules it wont work with any other zImage.
So for now if you're using the modified zImage wifi, bt and some other things shouldn't work.
If you'd like to collaborate this join #xdandroid and you'll get instant testers :)
Lastly its good to see some battery work being done.

viruscrazy

Apr 17, 2008
Nope, unless you provided the modules it wont work with any other zImage.
So for now if you're using the modified zImage wifi, bt and some other things shouldn't work.
If you'd like to collaborate this join #xdandroid and you'll get instant testers :)
Lastly its good to see some battery work being done.

Hi,

I'm sometimes on #xdandroid but as I'm in France, when I there, there is not a lot of people...i left a message yesterday with a link to my post for peoples that want to test it but I should put this message once again...

Regards, Jerome

zycho2k3

Jan 29, 2007
diam100 dmesg

here is my dmesg output from diam100 with standart battery

Attachments

• dmesg.rar
    13.7 KB · Views: 10

ridingshark

Jan 14, 2008
Vienna
Hello, i guess it also has something to do with Security Policies of the Company.
My Company has for instance: No raoaming, sync only 3 months of mail, sync highest 50kb of mail, and PASSWORD after 30 mins idle...

Android 2.1 and previsous 2.2 ignored this, but i heared that this will be implemented in 2.2 (at least the password page).
I cannot change certificated on my company's server, so i hope it will be solved, otherwise build 25.7. will be the last that i can use..
Regards R

Hello,
with the latest kernels and release of system.ext, exchange is working again.
The Mail Administrator (new programm with this release) will start and implement company policies.
then it works again.
thanks and go ahead! - maybe with power consumption ;-)

patzkata

Sep 16, 2009
Sofia

Hi everybody.

I'm currently working on the battery driver for our htc devices and I need some people to test this driver.

Hello there,

i saw that here most of the people which provide you log-s are people with Raph

so I decuide to try your battery driver.. but i guess that there is something wrong , and it's not fully capatible with Rhodium phones . Mine is Rhod100
I tried several times from the morning.. but w/o results..

The linux loads, then Android start to load, everithing is normal.. I can see the logo image, and then i can see also the main Locked screen (in lanscape - thats how Rhodium normaly loads in landscape) - after 1-2 sec the phone vibrate once and the phone is totally frozen .. i has to restart from the side button.

So, please check your zImage, what is wrong with it, and then I could try again

Wish you luck with your initiative :)

sq1

Dec 20, 2006
screen black when initiate call

Hi!

I'm having the same bug with this release i had with XDANDROID 2.1...
The screen goes black when i initiate a call, and after that my Diamond does not wake up anymore, so i need to do a soft-reset.

Is this known? i tried to search forums, but found nothing...

Tks!

babijoee

Retired Forum Moderator
Dec 7, 2008
Melbourne
Hi,

I'm sometimes on #xdandroid but as I'm in France, when I there, there is not a lot of people...i left a message yesterday with a link to my post for peoples that want to test it but I should put this message once again...

Regards, Jerome

Hey Jerome phhusson is also in france so you should get it touch with him easily :)
Hes the man/god to talk to about kernel :D

NeoMatrixJR

Jun 25, 2009
Hello there,

i saw that here most of the people which provide you log-s are people with Raph

so I decuide to try your battery driver.. but i guess that there is something wrong , and it's not fully capatible with Rhodium phones . Mine is Rhod100
I tried several times from the morning.. but w/o results..

The linux loads, then Android start to load, everithing is normal.. I can see the logo image, and then i can see also the main Locked screen (in lanscape - thats how Rhodium normaly loads in landscape) - after 1-2 sec the phone vibrate once and the phone is totally frozen .. i has to restart from the side button.

So, please check your zImage, what is wrong with it, and then I could try again

Wish you luck with your initiative :)

This sounds similar to when the RHOD was falsely reporting battery overheat when 2.2 first came out.

NeoMatrixJR

Jun 25, 2009

Hi everybody.

I'm currently working on the battery driver for our htc devices and I need some people to test this driver.

The main improvement is that the battery specs are detected based on the battery ID and the phone model (the current driver only use the 2 models of battery that comes from the raphael driver). Also, this driver computes the battery level using the battery voltage and the charging current to know the real battery level. On discharge, the battery level is limited to the maximum level the battery was charged (to avoid dummy reads).

The driver is working fine on my diamond (battery level is quite close to the windows battery level). Now, I need some people to test this driver on others devices like topaz (testing the AC/USB charging detection), rhodium, raphael, ...

To test the driver, just download the zImage using the link ( http://dl.free.fr/pImNxbTxT ). Replace your zImage with this one and start using your phone as normal.
People interested in source code can have a look to the "src" folder.

The zImage was made using the latest source code of the kernel (git 741ab49).

For people who wants to help me to improve or confirm that this driver is fully working, please send me your dmesg log (if you don't know how to do it, look at the end of the thread for a quick how-to).

If this driver is fully working for all the phones, the changes will be submitted to the dev team so that they will merge it in the global project and every one will be able to use it.

For diamond users :

I've also improved the diamond panel management (especially the power on / off sequence) by analyzing the winmo drivers. As I don"t have severals diamond to test the driver, I need some peoples to test the changes (especially to test the power on / off).
The following link ( http://dl.free.fr/bMDfpL9tp ) contains the zImage that includes thoses improvements and the modified source files. This zImage also contains the battery patch above.
To test the panel driver, you will need to power on/off the screen at least 2 times because on first power on/off, the screen is not yet recognized and will not be fully power off (the actual driver already works that way).

Please, send me a dmesg log to help me improve this driver also.

How-to make a dmesg log :

1/ Go to the "Dev tools" menu and launch the "Terminal Emulator"
2/ type "cd sdcard" (without the quote)
3/ type "dmesg >dmesg.log" (without the quotes)
4/ Send me the dmesg file that will be made on the root of the SD card (either you can get it using android - don't work on my diamond - or you can get the file by rebooting the phone under winmo.

If you need some special help or want to contact me, just send me a pm.

Did you post anywhere with the zImage + modules?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    xdandroidsplash.png

XDANDROID 2.2.2 AOSP

Welcome to the official XDANDROID AOSP thread which is dedicated to getting Android running on our beloved HTC devices.
    Phhusson: has dedicated most of his time helping users and updating kernel to run Eclair and his work for other msm7k devices. However phhusson is not alone as there are also other members working on this. You can find some of them on http://www.htc-linux.org. I've listed some of the developers i know of that currently are working on and they deserve credits and thanks. We also have to note that before this work done there was quite a substantial number of people starting working on linux for our devices. Without them we may not be where we are today. So respect and credits to everyone involved in working on linux kernel for msm devices.
    I am not responsible for any damages or problems your device encounters. The build is relatively safe and shouldn't cause any problems.

xda-developers signatures

For everyone posting on this thread about problems and issues, I urge you to please specify you're device or more conveniently update you're signature in control panel so it always has the details at the bottom of your posts.

FAQ
    This has lots of Q&A and is recommended to go through before posting bugs and problems.
    Please read post 1-4 as they have relevant information and is frequently updated.

Overclocking Android on MSM7K

XDANDROID boot-Animation | Wallpaper contest

Thanks to

phhusson, zenulator, Chamonix, Stinebd, Makkonen, MrPippy, cr2, Markinus, bzo, captainoord, glemsom, balsat, viruscrazy and anyone else who contribued or who i forgot :p
    Thanks ben_duder for the awesome sig :p

Donations:
    Please consider a donation to the XDANDROID project. We work on this on our spare time, sometimes even not on our spare times :p and every little bit gives us more inspiration and motivation to continue providing you our friends awww* great builds and support :)

Thanks to from me and phhusson:

R^7Z | auss81 | Sergej Philipp | Malte Lewan | suksanto | Tyler Brixey | axelo | ElbertF
    w3bm4st3r | Kenny Maples | Daniel Krebs | Dan Colardeau | Ghostdogg | Gregory Thomas
    Vincent Paoli | nim_ayyan | mindfrost82 | Olivier van der Kruijf | Robert Russell
    Kamil Kowalski | Tobias Kästle | Scrog | Mehdi Bouzakri | Jay Onisch | Daren Scroggie
    Robert Batty | James Frank | Matthias Helfmann | colo-natas
    dcb.insomniacsoft.com | Alexis Perez | Ann Marie Steichmann | Cristian Pereyra
    Adam Williamson | Benedikt Wieloch | Brad Stage | Paolo Vernazza | CDK Hosting
    Haicheng Wang | Jonas Lejeune | Haicheng Wang | Jonas Lejeune
    Adrian Kajda | Wilson Seto | Pedro Aragao | babijoee (yup, myself XD)

Spread the word about xdandroid, please feel free to use this sig created by ben_duder​
    New froyo release time! Minor update with backports from gingerbread...

• Switched to touch-friendly dialer, along with the VGA layout improvements as seen in Gingerbread
    • Added HSPA icon (for GSM models)

Get it at http://files.xdandroid.com/system-FRX06.ext2.zip
    xdandroidsplash.png

Working:

• Alpha
    • WiFi - "loads" but can't scan for networks
    • Bluetooth - interface hangs in configuration (need to fix init.rc)
    • Power management - Something wakes the phone up immediately, have to look into it
    • SD Card - I have to find a working config for Android to recognize this
    • bzo: anything to do with GPS will cause a crash
    • Accelerometer works
    • Keyboard works
    • Some G-Apps work
    • Brightness control works
    • Scepterr: net location works, NetworkLocation.apk needs to be signed with platform-key
    • Adding linpack and Quadrant benchmark programs for testing ( only built in for now. will be removed in future and more stable packs )
    • Sound works in apps
    • 3D works
    • So far no boot loop :p
    • So far wifi scans now and is trying to get ip-address. Now looking into DCHP
    • Speakerphone works
    • Headset works

Beta.v1
    • JIT enabled
    • SDcard fixed
    • adding charmonix ledeffects
    • removing launcher2
    • adding launcherpro as default launcher
    • Added lugiber boot-animation
    • removing some unnecessary apps. will update to let you know what i remove.
    • removed setupwizard / default provision
    • Sound is now working ( stinebd )
    • Updated apns.xml
    • GRPS connections should be more stable now.
    • Removed default music app and replace with cacheinjection Music Mod 1.7.5.1
    • Added Flash10.1 - not working.
    • Adding OIfilemanager
    • XDA-application

Beta.v2
    • JIT now enabled by default
    • Wifi working with latest rootfs
    • Youtube vids work on low quality.
    • SD card fixed
    • Sound ringtones and notifications issue should be fixed
    • Updated apns.xml from thread
    • Removed default music app and replace with cacheinjection Music Mod 1.7.5.2

RC1 released.

RC2.25.7.10
    • Dialer slide to answer re-added.
    • Adding chrometophone
    • Updated Launcherpro, xda, OIfilemanager.
    • Word prediction/dictionary cherrypicked from cyanogen git

Nothing major just some
    • General tweaking
    • Bug fixes
    • Removed most apps that caused instability.

FINAL 17.09.10
      FRX01 by stinebd :)
    • Added full language pack
    • Added Chinese and Japanese IMEs
    • Boot animation speedup (ro.opengles.version=1 sync from upstream)
    • GApps package update (thanks to CyanogenMod)
    • Replace Gallery3D with Gallery, for stability improvement
    • Several changes to enable userland Camera support (from bzo, still needs kernel support)
    • Userland built-in WiFi tethering support for Rhodium (rootfs changes and testing needed)
    • Signed XDAndroid release packages
    • Updated startup configs
    • Using andboot as default root directory

Startup & conf update 30.9.10
    • Fix raph800 typo.

• The following bugs were fixed:
    • Talk.apk missing
    • Buttons cut off in the open call menu.
    • OpenWnn IME selected by default
    • Google Apps updated to 20101020.1
    • Transitioned to hdpi graphics and fonts
    • Ambient light sensor and hardware auto brightness for RAPH and RHOD (WisTilt2)
    • Debug output for battery service emergency shutdowns (by request of camro)
    • Data roaming off by default (can be dangerous for international users) (emwe)
    • armv6j instruction support from cyanogenmod

FRX03 20.11.10
    • Disable slow background blurring for some dialogs (thanks emwe)
    • Internal improvements to auto-backlight implementation (emwe)
    • Disable JIT by default for various stability improvements
    • Updated gapps package (20101114)

Bugs fixed:
    • 19 - Boot loop on first boot (fresh data.img)
    • 36 - Repeated Volume button press crashes the system
    • Possibly 12 - Terminal emulator special keys/digits do not respond

FRX04 24.01.11
    • Improved 3D performance, with fixes for WVGA devices [acl] – IMPORTANT: this requires the accompanying rootfs release from 21 Jan.
    • Synced all minor upstream changes from AOSP

FRX05 3.03.11
    • Camera support – both photo and video capture (without sound currently) are working. This depends on kernel support, so only Rhodium and Topaz are supported currently. Huge thanks to Jerome Bruneaux (viruscrazy on XDA) for basically doing all the work.
    • Switch build variants from engineering to user-debug for slight speedup.

FRX06 31.03.11
    • Switched to touch-friendly dialer, along with the VGA layout improvements as seen in Gingerbread
    • Added HSPA icon (for GSM models)

NEW* XDAndroid Gingerbread build added to thread.
      Check third post for links
    • Further tuned keyboard sizing to be useful on VGA (also made the key labels bigger)
    • World-phone settings support (very important for future RIL enhancements especially on CDMA)
    • Enabled HSPA icon (someone on GSM please let me know if it actually works)

Not Working

• Sound Recording during video recording

Removed

Added but not yet released

Terms and conditions

Enjoy and remember to post some feedback. :)
    Downloads

Bundles
    22.11.10 | 2.2.1 builds

• Arrrghhh has built a up-to-date package for people who dont want to download everything. Grab it here: Arrrghhh 2.2.1 update package

Note: You'll need a new data.img as this package is signed. Otherwise you'll get a bootloop :p
      Also you'll need to select English IME if you want to type in english.

OTA update

• No OTA update for FRX05

• The recommended method is the OTA update.zip. However, for users who don't have a completely original FRX02 to upgrade from, the system.ext2 file will be necessary.

OTA Update procedure (ONLY for users with the original, unmodified signed FRX02 system image)
    • Download update-FRX03.zip to SD card in the same directory as startup.txt and haret, etc
    • Rename update-FRX03.zip to update.zip
    • Boot haret, watch the updater go
    • After updater finishes, it may either reboot or "freeze" (reboot not implemented on device), reboot manually if it freezes
    • Boot haret again, and the new system will start up

Old builds can be located here
    Here is a repositories for older releases of XDANDROID and Android1.6 donut files
    [/INDENT]

Startup & Conf Updates

zImage Autobuild: ( glemsom / balsat )
    zImage are updated quite often but just because its updated, it doesn't necessarily mean it will work 100%. If a new zImage breaks and doesn't boot; load a previous working zImage. thanks

Rootfs Autobuild ( Stinebd )

• Get the latest rootfs here from the rootfs build service provided Stinebd for XDANDROID

Initramfs Autobuilds ( Stinebd )

• Get the latest Initramfs here from the Initramfs build service provided Stinebd for XDANDROID

Others

WinMO/Android dual-boot
    Yozgatg has released his dual boot WinMo / Android program for everyone to enjoy :)

LiteWM ROM to autoboot linux
    MichyPrima has created a lite WinMo that automatically loads haret from your SD card. It loads pretty quick and i can confirm it works :) It has a boot option so just wait until you see Booting countdown and touch the screen.
    Reboot, Shutdown, USB mass Storage and Continue Booting Android

CAB-Install for XDANDROID
    TheBrilliantMistake has made a convenient program for people out there having installation problems with XDANDROID.
    Have a look and see if you like it. If this proves successful we may roll out the updates like this in the future.

Chamonix ledEffects
    LedEffects controls how your device reacts to calls, messages, charging and other phone status'

XDANDROID wifi-tether by stinebd
    All the required dependencies and modules should now be built into the system/rootfs and so the standalone application should be good to go. Note this will be added into next build.
    When we can expect new version 2.3? :) :D

Right after you finish porting it.