[ROM][4.4] Unofficial Cyanogenmod 11 for GSM/Wifi Nexus 7

Search This thread

swordrune10

Mar 26, 2009
Houston, TX
www.swordrune10.net
This nightlie build of cyanogenmod 11 is of course unofficial! i may continue doing this but its going to be sporadic..

android-cm.png

as per usual:
Code:
I am not responsible if you brick your tablet, for any bugs in the rom,
or if your cat decides to eat your tablet because its now full of awesome.

This build is very much identical with the official build, u can switch from official and my build without any fear of having to wipe your phone.. the only difference is that i have the build script change the cyanogenmod version to more reflect like a nightly

Known Issues:
GSM: None
Wifi: None

Instructions:
Download rom
Go to recovery
Wipe rom if coming from another rom, u dont have to wipe if ur coming from official kitkat stock rom
Flash rom
Flash gapps
Boot into rom
???
Profit!

the torrent file only contains the rom, it uses a webseed, code.google.com. u can use this if u ever have to pause to download or such.. u dont have to seed, i dont mind.. but others might like u to

To Flash, use CWM 6.0.4.3 or TWRP 2.6.3.0 which you have to manually flash

Current and older builds can be found here:
MediaFire
AndroidFileHost
Google Drive
Google Code

4.4 Gapps, courtesy of Paranoid Android:
MediaFire
AndroidFileHost

A special thanks goes to Paranoid Android for already having Gapps ready for us, and of course google for this wonderful code that is kitkat =]

To all people saying thanks: Your welcome!! ^_^

Last edited:

swordrune10

Mar 26, 2009
Houston, TX
www.swordrune10.net
yes it seems that 4.3 binaries work fine.. I haven't been checking everything but it boots, and I haven't ran into an issue yet.. minus that u have to put in the APN by hand, which I just found out

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4

Sengir

Apr 29, 2012
Italy
Setting APN by hand is a bug I can live with :D
The majors issues dued by the lack of binaries are sensors and GPS in the Nexus 4 paranoid release

Last edited:

tomer007

Nov 30, 2012
Cant flash...
"E:Error executing updater binary in zip"

Fixed it if anyone had same problem send me a PM

Last edited:

tomer007

Nov 30, 2012
what was the fix?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

At first in recovery it told me that the rom is for tilapia and i own grouper because i'm using twrp for grouper, so i changed in the updater-script the 'tilapia' to 'grouper'
After that when i was trying to flash the rom i got the message saying
E:Error executing updater binary in zip
All i did to fix that was to pur the rom in the 'original_update' in dsixda's kitchen, make it through the cygwin process from the working folder to output zip.
Flashed it and it worked.

Overall amazing rom great work i'm loving it some features are still missing but i couldn't expect better.

swordrune10

Mar 26, 2009
Houston, TX
www.swordrune10.net
At first in recovery it told me that the rom is for tilapia and i own grouper because i'm using twrp for grouper, so i changed in the updater-script the 'tilapia' to 'grouper'
After that when i was trying to flash the rom i got the message saying
All i did to fix that was to pur the rom in the 'original_update' in dsixda's kitchen, make it through the cygwin process from the working folder to output zip.
Flashed it and it worked.

Overall amazing rom great work i'm loving it some features are still missing but i couldn't expect better.

as much as I enjoy someone using my rom, this is meant for tilapia.. flashing a rom meant for another device could cause all sorts of problems.. I saw in the grouper android development area is a similar rom.. I would suggest to use that instead

what features seem to be missing? I was unaware I was missing features.. unless ur referring to the known bugs

tomer007

Nov 30, 2012
as much as I enjoy someone using my rom, this is meant for tilapia.. flashing a rom meant for another device could cause all sorts of problems.. I saw in the grouper android development area is a similar rom.. I would suggest to use that instead

what features seem to be missing? I was unaware I was missing features.. unless ur referring to the known bugs

I do have tilapia but my reovery is TWRP and for some reason it is changine my device id to grouper.
For the missing stuff
Home section in the settings
Tap & Pay in the settings
In the printing in settings is empty
The app drwaer icon looks like jelly bean and not kit kat

For now it was all what i found, if i will find more i will let you know :)

swordrune10

Mar 26, 2009
Houston, TX
www.swordrune10.net
I do have tilapia but my reovery is TWRP and for some reason it is changine my device id to grouper.
For the missing stuff
Home section in the settings
Tap & Pay in the settings
In the printing in settings is empty
The app drwaer icon looks like jelly bean and not kit kat

For now it was all what i found, if i will find more i will let you know :)

if I were u i would manually flash with fastboot the twrp recovery image if there is one.. because that's quite a pain to flash ROMs like that..

I built this straight with aosp, so in not sure of why those are missing.. but in pretty sure the printer part is correct, ull have to when about to print select ur network printer that is on the all printers list..

Reactions: tomer007

vladandrei51

Jun 3, 2012
For some reason I get "installation aborted, status 7" in the middle of the installation, something about a file missing, I downloaded the .zip twice, same result...
The fact that I'm using CWM to flash it might be the issue?

TeknoMatik

Aug 28, 2011
Guys, who still getting "E:Error executing updater binary in zip" try to use the latest Clockworkmod Recovery
For me it's really helped.

Last edited:

tomer007

Nov 30, 2012
answer

I become the same error

If you have nexus 7 wifi (no mobile) this rom is not for you
if you have nexus 7 mobile
Open the rom zip go to meta-inf, com, google, android and open updater-script with wordpad notepad or what ever.
Look for the word tilapia and change it to grouper, it should apear twice. Look at the picture.
Tv3bS01.png

vladandrei51

Jun 3, 2012
For some reason I get "installation aborted, status 7" in the middle of the installation, something about a file missing, I downloaded the .zip twice, same result...
The fact that I'm using CWM to flash it might be the issue?

Still having the same issue after flashing TWRP, something about update-binary error if I recall correctly, no idea what might cause it.

segelfreund

Sep 22, 2010
Near Stuttgart
If you have nexus 7 wifi (no mobile) this rom is not for you
if you have nexus 7 mobile
Open the rom zip go to meta-inf, com, google, android and open updater-script with wordpad notepad or what ever.
Look for the word tilapia and change it to grouper, it should apear twice. Look at the picture.

Thanks, but if i tried, the installation aborted.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This nightlie build of cyanogenmod 11 is of course unofficial! i may continue doing this but its going to be sporadic..

android-cm.png

as per usual:
    Code:
    I am not responsible if you brick your tablet, for any bugs in the rom,
    or if your cat decides to eat your tablet because its now full of awesome.

This build is very much identical with the official build, u can switch from official and my build without any fear of having to wipe your phone.. the only difference is that i have the build script change the cyanogenmod version to more reflect like a nightly

Known Issues:
    GSM: None
    Wifi: None

Instructions:
    Download rom
    Go to recovery
    Wipe rom if coming from another rom, u dont have to wipe if ur coming from official kitkat stock rom
    Flash rom
    Flash gapps
    Boot into rom
    ???
    Profit!

the torrent file only contains the rom, it uses a webseed, code.google.com. u can use this if u ever have to pause to download or such.. u dont have to seed, i dont mind.. but others might like u to

To Flash, use CWM 6.0.4.3 or TWRP 2.6.3.0 which you have to manually flash

Current and older builds can be found here:
    MediaFire
    AndroidFileHost
    Google Drive
    Google Code

4.4 Gapps, courtesy of Paranoid Android:
    MediaFire
    AndroidFileHost

A special thanks goes to Paranoid Android for already having Gapps ready for us, and of course google for this wonderful code that is kitkat =]

To all people saying thanks: Your welcome!! ^_^
    tilapia has been built and uploaded, grouper is built and is being uploaded as im typing
    I have decided to discontinue building for cm11, but that doesn't mean end of the road.. whenever there is a brand new android version, I will be there. cya then!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    nexus 7 wifi should be getting 4.4 today, so that means binaries are not to far behind.. now it isnt necessary for this rom but it really helps for later development.. especially for aosp
    right now im trying to get a build of cyanogenmod 11 for tilapia out.. i keep running into build errors so it might be a while until one will come out, stay tuned!

UPDATE: looks like im having issues due to for some reason prebuilts/sdk doesnt contain api 19.. this is straight from googles servers so i cant imagine what the issue is.. i could just copy and paste it in there but this is kinda a red flag saying that stuff is missing.. so im redoing the whole repo.. now it might take a while since i had to limit my bandwidth because my wife is working currently

UPDATE 2: looks like the tag for prebuilts/sdk for 4.4 has some sort of issue, cyanogenmod just issued on theyre manifest an exact hash to the correct place! still downloading..

UPDATE 3: alright guys, looks like its all situated, but since they havent updated tilapia's device tree yet i am now stuck waiting for it to be updated.. =/