[ROM] [4.4.4] Paranoidandroid 4.6

Search This thread

Hamodi

Apr 25, 2011
Edit:
Facebook video now work
Clean install. For the rom
Download Facebook from Google play not from titanium backup
Firts time it will take some time to load the screen back but after that will work good

deedwar

Aug 26, 2008
Bendigo
goo.im
Edit:
Facebook video now work
Clean install. For the rom
Download Facebook from Google play not from titanium backup
Firts time it will take some time to load the screen back but after that will work good
I made a change to MDP so it might use more battery but you won't see all the out of memory errors anymore. Was the only way I could think of fixing it ATM
There should also be a change in the speed of recording. I have made a few changes to the kernel to that should fix laggy video record. Next week I might push that.

Last edited:

Hamodi

Apr 25, 2011
I made a change to MDP so it might use more battery but you won't see all the out of memory errors anymore. Was the only way I could think of fixing it ATM
There should also be a change in the speed of recording. I have made a few changes to the kernel to that should fix laggy video record. Next week I might push that.
Its not the video lagging
Its blackscreen after the video end
Screen never load again
The problem still there sometimes it dont happen but most of the time I have it

Hamodi

Apr 25, 2011
Sorry I mean with recording 1080p video not playing that I understand.
Nop
This what happen
Going to facenook apk
Open a video on it to watch
Video end
Blackscreen stuck on it
It shud load back Facebook again after the video end but it dont it stuck on Blackscreen and have to do hard reset.
705 build didnt have this
708 do have it
I hope I make it clear now

Nockky95

Feb 6, 2014
Nop
This what happen
Going to facenook apk
Open a video on it to watch
Video end
Blackscreen stuck on it
It shud load back Facebook again after the video end but it dont it stuck on Blackscreen and have to do hard reset.
705 build didnt have this
708 do have it
I hope I make it clear now

Yesterday when i watched video in Facebook, i got this black screen whether i try to go back or home..actually its really only a black screen not crash or something..all i have to do is press power and up volume(screen recording).. no black screen after that, u have to do this all the time if u have a problem black screen with video in Facebook.. Tried this only on carbon rom beta 10, haven't tried at others rom..works like a charm for me, maybe u should try with your ROM if its works tell me

Thanks me if its works..^^

Dany XP

Oct 30, 2011
Milano
Everything is allright but how can I have the radio like in stock ROM? And why power + volume down is record video instead of screenshot? How can I change that?

someone755

Sep 27, 2011
Ljubljana
1. No. Radio doesn't work.
2. Power+Vol- makes a screenshot (a broken one, but still) on my end. You can disable screen recording under Settings>Legacy parts>Display>Screen recorder.

Reactions: Dany XP

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    banner_505uxa.png

FEATURES for 4.0+,

At the moment they are slowly adding features. So it is pretty much AOSP at the moment. Very light on resources and basic features.

What has NOT been implemented yet that is normally in Paranoid Android.

Hybrid engine, Per app Layout, this will let you choose the UI of any app, that means you can switch apps into their tablet layouts

Per app Size, scale apps individually, this is especially important if you use tablet apps, go as small or big as you like

Per app Color, this lets you select statusbar and navbar colors for apps individually, colors will shift when you jump from one app to another
    Hybrid engine makes it possible to use any tablet ready app available on your phone, start with your regular Google apps and see what treasures lie hidden in them and just how well they work on your device.

You can use hybrid engine to use all available general interface UI's aswell: Phone, Phablet, Tablet. This is safe as milk, we don't change DPI, we don't trash your market, we don't shrink all your apps or force them into layouts, you don't need to edit system files for that.

My Sources have now been pushed to the official Paranoid Android Repo so all version will now be built using there automated system and will have all there features and code on there release cycle

Sources
    ParanoidAndroid
    Mine
    Kernel
    ParanoidAndroid Google+

Credits
    RaymanFX for the kernel and alot of the sources, and Phantasm4489 for him help with alot of the bugs​

Bugs
    Distorted Screenshots and previews (This is an easy fix but unfortunetly cant be fixed with the offical build)
    Kernel logo will appear on black screens sometimes (This is an easy fix but unfortunetly cant be fixed with the offical build)
    Flash the download here to fix the 2 above issues. Thanks to Phantasm4489.
    No HDMI
    No FM Radio

Changelog
    XDA Changelog Page

Download
    Paranoid Android Download Site

XDA:DevDB Information
    Paranoidandroid, ROM for the Sony Xperia S

Contributors
    deedwar
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    Based On: AOSPA

Version Information
    Current Beta Version: 4.0 Beta 6
    Beta Release Date: 2013-12-17

Created 2013-12-17
    Last Updated 2014-10-02
    screenshot fix for 2014-06-26 build (see attached).
    Just fixed the issue with build. Turns out the corrected the problem in my local sources but forgot to push them to my github. Next build should compile fine.
    screenshot fix for the new version ???

screenshot fix for build 2014-07-17... (also seems to work for more recent builds)