CM nightlies are rolling out...

Search This thread

BrianDigital

Rom works fine including VPN connection which isn't supported in gummy, for me.
But I can't get my 64 GB Samsung sd card running.
I tried ntfs6,fat 32 and exFat, but no chance.
No problems in gummy.
So I have to go back to gummy.
Hope, they'll add ntfs ext sd support, soon.

Sent from my Find7a using XDA Free mobile app
My Samsung 64 go worked fine when I formatted it on my windows machine for exfat

Meisterqn

Jun 26, 2010
Hmm Ok, I'll give it a try, again.
Did you have to do anything special?
I had one reboot, where my sd card was mounted, but from the next reboot on, it did not mount anymore...
Which recovery are you using?

BrianDigital

Hmm Ok, I'll give it a try, again.
Did you have to do anything special?
I had one reboot, where my sd card was mounted, but from the next reboot on, it did not mount anymore...
Which recovery are you using?

I had twrp on at the time, I did switch over to cwm and it is still working

Reactions: Meisterqn

Meisterqn

Jun 26, 2010
I don't know why.
But my card gets mounted in recovery, but not in cm.
I can't figure out the issue.

shortbreads

Jun 30, 2014
I'm running the build from the 28th and so far its been very good, the only problem I experienced was receiving the "Unfortunately, the process com.google.process.gapps has stopped" message on reboot twice. Each time I wiped cache in cwm and it was ok.

I'm using the oppo swype keyboard without any problems too which is nice.

mathieudevos

Jun 12, 2014
Using the build from 1st July on International Find 7 (X9076), having issues with screen going to sleep and while it wakes up, it doesn't show anything. Haven't been able to find a lot of feedback on this though.

nifear4

Jan 27, 2012
Never Ever Land
Is there an official thread for CM (on Find 7a Original Android Development)?

Nope. I assume they will put one up after it becomes official. It is still quite buggy, but man... the smoothness of the screen is unbelievable :D

I've been using it for about 3 days and its pretty awesome. Had some crazy bug when I got a phone call where I couldn't even get back to the screen. Screen was black lol. Also got a crazy bug with notifications but wasn't able to reproduce. Other than that.... its been pretty smooth.

Last edited:

silasje1

Dec 30, 2011
Koog aan de Zaan
Nope. I assume they will put one up after it becomes official. It is still quite buggy, but man... the smoothness of the screen is unbelievable :D

I've been using it for about 3 days and its pretty awesome. Had some crazy bug when I got a phone call where I couldn't even get back to the screen. Screen was black lol. Also got a crazy bug with notifications but wasn't able to reproduce. Other than that.... its been pretty smooth.

Just installed. looks nice! Can even choose onscreen buttons :p

ultramag69

Nov 6, 2007
Waratah
I had a problem with WIFI, couldn't turn it on and the screen going to sleep and not turning back on like mathieudevos. The only thing to fix it was a reboot....
Unfortunately it's just too buggy for me at the moment so back on colour OS... Will wait for a milestone release.... :D

shortbreads

Jun 30, 2014
I updated to the July 1st nightly and the gestures/screen sensitivity is much better, everything's running smoothly for me so far. The battery life seems to be excellent compared to what I was getting on color OS.

I'm using the greater freedom and moonshine icon packs and it looks great.

Reactions: silasje1

StoneTrapper

Nov 21, 2013
So apart of the camera is there anything worth downloading?

The gallery has a smooth interface, as far as I know it's the same feature wise but visually it's rather nice if you aren't using a third party app anyway.
The theme store is handy, themes in general are still a little buggy but in the last 3 or 4 nightlies have improved dramatically. I've been using Jb Extreme, it's not free and maybe not to everyone's taste but I like the black and blue. I might not have seen it if not for the cm11s app.
The audio one isn't something I've played with particularly to know how it compares to standard or any of the others.

fuzion23

Jul 7, 2014
The gallery has a smooth interface, as far as I know it's the same feature wise but visually it's rather nice if you aren't using a third party app anyway.
The theme store is handy, themes in general are still a little buggy but in the last 3 or 4 nightlies have improved dramatically. I've been using Jb Extreme, it's not free and maybe not to everyone's taste but I like the black and blue. I might not have seen it if not for the cm11s app.
The audio one isn't something I've played with particularly to know how it compares to standard or any of the others.

So it is safe to run the latest nightly from CM11? I should be getting my find7 tonight and the first thing I am thinking about is updating the OS to CM11. Also which source is the best to get the google services app? Thanks guys.

StoneTrapper

Nov 21, 2013
So it is safe to run the latest nightly from CM11? I should be getting my find7 tonight and the first thing I am thinking about is updating the OS to CM11. Also which source is the best to get the google services app? Thanks guys.

Well depends what you mean by "safe", it's stable enough for daily use if that's what you mean though. I have been restarting daily to install new nightlies so it's possible that after longer uptime you might run into some issues but I wouldn't expect it all the same. I'd recommend looking at the combined internal storage options you'll see in the Android development sub as your doing a fresh install but it isn't quite as straight forward. So if you're looking for something you can install quickly and be happy with then the nightlies will be perfect.
I used the gapps from here the cm wiki, I'd post the link but my post count is too low. It's easy to find though.
I got my find7a from the preorders and you'll be more than happy. It's snappier than my nexus 7. I'm just waiting for some custom kernels to experiment further now.

fuzion23

Jul 7, 2014
Well depends what you mean by "safe", it's stable enough for daily use if that's what you mean though. I have been restarting daily to install new nightlies so it's possible that after longer uptime you might run into some issues but I wouldn't expect it all the same. I'd recommend looking at the combined internal storage options you'll see in the Android development sub as your doing a fresh install but it isn't quite as straight forward. So if you're looking for something you can install quickly and be happy with then the nightlies will be perfect.
I used the gapps from here the cm wiki, I'd post the link but my post count is too low. It's easy to find though.
I got my find7a from the preorders and you'll be more than happy. It's snappier than my nexus 7. I'm just waiting for some custom kernels to experiment further now.

Thank you for the response. I am getting the phone tonight and I just want to start fresh on new CM OS update. So as long it works with minor issues I am happy. Are you able to switch to ART and have no issues?

chewbyte

Jul 3, 2014
chewbyte.com
I updated to the July 1st nightly and the gestures/screen sensitivity is much better, everything's running smoothly for me so far. The battery life seems to be excellent compared to what I was getting on color OS.

I'm using the greater freedom and moonshine icon packs and it looks great.

That's some impressive battery data. Are you running that on a 7 QHD or 7a?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Running it now. Seems to be working for the most part. With stock keyboard I got a lot of double push of keys. Just switched to SwiftKey so I don't know if it'll still do it.

In order for you to flash it you have to modify something. Let me go find it.

http://www.oppoforums.com/index.php?posts/206389

Find what? Who the heck is OPPO?
    Hmm, nobody's posted about it yet but first nightly for Oppo Find 7a available for download; anyone tried it yet?
    http://goo.gl/hariZi

Sent from my X9006 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    to bad it won't flash in the test twrp fails at device name

Sent from my Find7a using Tapatalk

I tried it with CWM touch and it failed as well.

Sent from my Find7a using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    I'm running it now as well. Im not seeing the double key issue though. I also pulled the cm11s camera and so far its working great. As much as I like the other custom ROMs, I'll run cm for a while.
    Don't quote me on it but I believe you have to tell TWRP to not check when its flashing. Don't have that recovery right now so I can't tell you where or how to change that setting in TWRP.

Find what? Who the heck is OPPO?
    I believe it's a check box right on the "flash now" page when you get done selecting the zips

Sent from my Find7 using Tapatalk