No recovery mode please help!!

Search This thread

hrangwala95

Dec 10, 2012
Hi

I had rooted my lg g2 then i went back to stock using the instructions on xda and when phone booted after flashing stock rom all my old apps and data was there but without root is this normal? So i decided to do a hard reset with the volume down and power key but it just doesnt boot into stock recovery or hard reset menu i tried more than 30 times!! What has happened to my stock recovery? Do i not have a. recovery or what? What should i do please help me. I am running kit kat on lg g2 d802 international version.

And one last question does flashing stock rom bring stock recovery back?

bender_007

Dec 6, 2010
Zagreb
Google Pixel 4
Hi

I had rooted my lg g2 then i went back to stock using the instructions on xda and when phone booted after flashing stock rom all my old apps and data was there but without root is this normal? So i decided to do a hard reset with the volume down and power key but it just doesnt boot into stock recovery or hard reset menu i tried more than 30 times!! What has happened to my stock recovery? Do i not have a. recovery or what? What should i do please help me. I am running kit kat on lg g2 d802 international version.

yes, flashing stock kdz brings stock recovery back.

The new combination is, hold power + volume down until you see the lg logo, release shortly, then hold volume up and volume down(this will perform a factory reset).

Try connecting to a pc, turn on debuging mode. Download adb, type adb reboot recovery

or terminal emulator from play store --also reboot recovery

hrangwala95

Dec 10, 2012
Hi thanks for the help the new combination is still not working :( do i have to get the timing perfect or what?

hrangwala95

Dec 10, 2012
Well. Is it the new 20b and 20d? Power off the phone. Hold vol down and power until the lg logo, release just for a short moment and then hold just volume up and volume down.

Sent from my LG-D802 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Thankyou soooo much adb worked and i got to the recovery and did a factory reset and cache reset from there. Is this the same as the button combination reset or are the two resets different? and i did data wipe reset first then cache reset is that right?

Again thankyou so much for your help i really appreciate it.:good:

One last question how do i wipe dalvik cache without root and custom recovery?

Last edited:

big_pulse

Oct 31, 2012
ROOT still shows up in download mode

I followed the very same procedure to return my phone to stock firmware, but when i enter download mode, it still shows up as "ROOT" in red in the bottom. And i'm unable to enter stock recovery or even the hard reset menu(the one where power button needs to be pressed thrice to reset).
PLEASE HELP ! I hope there is nothing seriously wrong with the device:crying:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi

yes, flashing stock kdz brings stock recovery back.

The new combination is, hold power + volume down until you see the lg logo, release shortly, then hold volume up and volume down(this will perform a factory reset).

Try connecting to a pc, turn on debuging mode. Download adb, type adb reboot recovery

or terminal emulator from play store --also reboot recovery
    Well. Is it the new 20b and 20d? Power off the phone. Hold vol down and power until the lg logo, release just for a short moment and then hold just volume up and volume down.

Sent from my LG-D802 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    It's the same. They changed the combination since 20b(new 20b)