Bluetooth music issues.

Search This thread

platypuss94

Jan 3, 2011
camas
Hey everyone. I'm having a very weird issue. I just bought a brand new Kenwood touchscreen head unit for my 03 WRX and have had it in for about two weeks. When i was using my galaxy note 3, the phone would pair via Bluetooth and play music and calls flawlessly.

Now that i switched to the M8 o have the phone paired. It says paired on the phone and on the head unit. I can make calls, access my phone book, but can't play music. The Bluetooth icon on the phone has the two arrows pointing in and i know on my GN3 that ment media was connected as well.

Any thoughts on how to resolve this issue? Thanks for any help ?

adavit

Dec 6, 2009
Lima
I don't have a solution for you. However when you are pairing the two have you tried going in to the Bluetooth settings and actually making sure that phone and media are both connected? I figure they both must be with it having the two arrows, but just that way we can make sure they are for sure paired.

platypuss94

Jan 3, 2011
camas
I don't have a solution for you. However when you are pairing the two have you tried going in to the Bluetooth settings and actually making sure that phone and media are both connected? I figure they both must be with it having the two arrows, but just that way we can make sure they are for sure paired.

Yeah i tried that. I tried unchecking and rechecking. I wish there were more Bluetooth settings

troysbama1

Apr 9, 2008
I have the exact same problem on a new Kenwood unit. Funny enough my old Kenwood unit (very similar) didn't do this ever. I've found that turning on my phone Bluetooth after the head unit is turned on always gives me a phone connection only. In that case you have to cycle the head unit power. Turning the phone Bluetooth on and off doesn't fix it. I'm going to reset the head unit and if it doesn't resolve it then Crutchfield will be getting this thing back.