[GUIDE] TO UNLOCK YOUR SENSATION FREE - WORKING FOR EVERY SENSATION (noobproof)

Did the unlock method work for you? (Only answer if your device is supported)

• Yes

Votes: 533 74.2%
  • NO

Votes: 185 25.8%

• Total voters
Search This thread

skygear

Apr 7, 2006
mmcblk0p3 within the first few lines says 'simlock' - reading

couple lines down is "simunlock"

i feel these are the important 'bits'

skygear

Apr 7, 2006
That's the one. What are you viewing it on?

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using XDA App

right now just 'as text' through root explorer

i just compared the (plain text) and I already see 2 characters that are different -

simlock - crazy characters (square @ diamond '?')
looks like

=='unlocked one'==

simlock
??s\0

=='locked one'==

simlock
??0?0

xl VipeR lx

Sep 17, 2007
UK
I think its somethings for devs to look at

Last edited:

skygear

Apr 7, 2006
there was another thread going over this a month ago... i lost it in the 'cleanup' that the mods were doing. but there was some good direction in the thread.

so we could either toggle bits or visually read the code

also natively the phone truncated the files due to their size. will re-look at them on a computer

xl VipeR lx

Sep 17, 2007
UK
there was another thread going over this a month ago... i lost it in the 'cleanup' that the mods were doing. but there was some good direction in the thread.

so we could either toggle bits or visually read the code

also natively the phone truncated the files due to their size. will re-look at them on a computer

You shouldn't have lost it

Dav22

Dec 15, 2006
France
8. enter the command "dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p4 of=/sdcard/mmcp4.dump" (Copy and right click and paste in command prompt if you want)
9 .enter the command "dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p6 of=/sdcard/mmcp6.dump"
10. enter the command "dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p16 of=/sdcard/mmcp16.dump"

hi,

thanks for the guide, but command line for serial number supported at the moment may just be :

dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p6 of=/sdcard/nck.txt bs=1 skip=35105 count=8

it was easier for all ;)

Last edited:

skygear

Apr 7, 2006
hi,

thanks for the guide, but command line for serial number supported may just be :

it was easier for all ;)

true! - i'll stop hijacking the thread now. i'm usto IRC where it all goes away when you log off ;)

xl VipeR lx

Sep 17, 2007
UK
hi,

thanks for the guide, but command line for serial number supported at the moment may just be :

it was easier for all ;)

True but then it only counts 8 in that place. With this method. Yes slightly longer. But foolproof of finding the 8 numbers regardless of position as long as they are before the imei

Dav22

Dec 15, 2006
France
The sim unlock code location for sensation's with the device serial number beginning with HT has been found and confirmed to work for the few users who tested it. (Serial number: SH****is still being looked for)

serial number : SH15ZV800*** - KC15VV800*** , code found and good for Teumic (Frandroid member)

invensmaster

Aug 26, 2007
Oppo Find 5
OnePlus One
Worked for me

Followed the steps to get the dump, was aple to find the unlock code in the first dumped file.
The only thing is that the secound it booted with a different sim it asked for the unlock code i entered the unlock code then vuala code acepted phone rebooted with a non tmobile sim and unlocked.
Thanks for the effort and keep up the good work

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Method 1 was discovered by a noob :eek:- Dav22. :D Dazweeja came up with a simple ADB command. Skygear for working it in Terminal Emulator
    Method 2 was discovered by sieempi :D (Links at the bottom), STRING: NOT FOUND workaround found by jackmonter5
    Big thanks to xplod4202. Risked his Sensation to see if Methd 2 was safe for us all.
    And The simple guide : xl Viper lx : I am simply doing what i do best. getting you a noobproof guide and also simplifying the adb/terminal code :cool:

All of us will take credit for the collaborating and making of this thread to help everyone unlock with no cost. What???.....Yes thats right......We broke the FTSE index by providing free unlocks! lol:D

Also 9 people who voted no in the poll, ad voted before we found method 2 which unlocks every sensation

METHOD 1 - USE THIS FIRST
    The SIM-Unlock code location for some sensation's (NOT ALL) has been found and confirmed to work for the few users who tested it. Use method 1 below to find your unlock code
    (Method 1 ADB guide in post 2 if you don't want to use Terminal Emulator or you just want to use ADB)

Requirements:
    -Rooted simlocked Sensation - Enable USB debugging in Settings > Application ->Development
    -Terminal Emulator (Download free from the market) or click here to download and install into your phone
    Your IMEI Number (Dial "*#06#" in phone keypad to get it)

GUIDE - Method 1

1. Download Terminal Emulator from the market if you havent already done so and Run it. This should bring you a blue screen. Full screen.

2. enter the command "SU".
    3. Click allow when Super user pop up appears to give it root access. (If your keyboard disappears, keep hold of menu button to bring it back up)

4. enter the command "strings -n 8 /dev/block/mmcblk0p6"

5. This should give Output a bunch of numbers like in the screenshot! IF IT SAYS STRING: NOT FOUND MOVE TO POST 2 AND USE ADB!

6. The 8 digit number above your IMEI number is your unlock code. See post 2 on how to enter it.
    20110825010330.jpg
    20110825010349.jpg

IF it only brings you a date above your IMEI. Then the unlock code is not present in your device. Move to Method 2

GUIDE - Method 2 - USE IF METHOD 1 FAILED!

Revolutionary achieved radio S-OFF for Sensation (among other devices) which means you can practically do whatever you want with your phone (like actually owning it). This means it makes it vulnerable to all sorts of schemes including sim-unlock. The following method is quite efficient and easy to do and can be done with the need for a computer!

Requirements:
    -Rooted simlocked Sensation!
    -Clockwork Recovery or Revolutionary Recovery - NEEDED FOR NANDROID BACKUP
    -Titanium Backup (Download from the market if you don't have it) - YOU ONLY NEED THIS IF YOU DONT WANT TO OR CAN'T NANDROID BACKUP

WARNING!!!
    Backup all your settings/apps/sms/network/APN/Data etc.
    Using this method to unlock will wipe your data and apps too! (Factory Resets in other words)
    But it's this method that actually resets some other things including your sim-lock status.

Guide - Method 2

1. MAKE A NANDROID BACKUP USING RECOVERY - (Completely switch off your phone, Press Volume down + Power button to get into bootloader, Volume down to recovery then press power button to get into Recovery. Volume down to "Backup and Restore" in recovery. Press Power to backup and your done!
    (Make a backup in Titanium backup if you don't want to or can't nandroid backup. Menu > BAtch >Backup systems data + Apps with data)

2. Download PG58DIAG for the Sensation HERE or FROM MULTIUPLOAD
    3. Copy the PG58DIAG file into the Root folder of your SD card (The main Folder of your Memory Card)
    4. Turn off your phone Fully and reboot into the Bootloader/HBOOT screen (see post 2 on how to get to bootloader screen)
    5. Press Volume Down to Enter DIAG - Place the phone horizontally when it asks you too. (Flat)
    6. Press power button to select "Clean S58 Data
    7. Press power again to "clean S58 Data".
    8. POW - your unlocked! Try a SIM card from a different provider!
    9. Delete the file from your SD Card (Delete PG58DIAG) and REBOOT!!
    Your phone Will set up for the first time, go through it all till you get to your home screen
    10. Go back into recovery and restore nandroid backup. same method as step 1 above. but instead of backup, you use restore feature
    (Use Titanium Backup to restore if you used it to backup instead of Nandroid backup)(Menu > Batch > Restore System Data + Apps with user data)

Now you’re free to go! Bear in mind, though, in certain circumstances you will lose your data connectivity or network signal. You’ll just need to check your APN, network type etc. and re-enter them; Just run the nandroid restore to get everything back

Thanks to Dav22. for discovery of method 1
    Dazweeja for his simple Code to find the unlock
    sieempi for Method 2.
    Thanks to Team Revolutionary for PG58DIAG and S-off
    Don't forget to CLICK THANKS, VOTE and RATE if this guide worked for you.
    don't forget to thank the above users too by clicking the links
    Method 1 ADB GUIDE

METHOD 1 - ADB GUIDE- Skip steps 1 to 5! if you already have already got ADB and can get to the ADB folder through command prompt/Terminal. If your not sure follow all the steps

1. Download adb tools here: download for Windows or Linux or from attachments in the Sensation S-off guide

2. On your PC click on your local disk C: Drive (or D: drive for some) (WINDOWS users: Start > My computer > Local Disk (C)
    3. Create a new folder called "adb" and extract the files from adb.zip into it. Make sure it doesn't create another folder in the adb folder when extracting
    4. open command prompt (or terminal for linux) and type "cd" "followed by the path to your adb folder" (windows users can type "cd C:\adb")

5.a Ensure your phone is switched on (regular home screen) and connect it by USB in charging mode (Ensure usb debugging is on settings) OR!!!!

[ IF YOU GOT THE STRING:NOT FOUND ERROR IN METHOD 1 (terminal Emulator) REBOOT INTO RECOVERY AND CONNECT YOUR USB AND CONTINUE (Turn off your phone completely, volume down + power button, then select recovery to get into it!) ]

6. enter the command "adb shell". Your phone should display a hash sign [#] (if it doesn't then you are not rooted! - GO ROOT)
    7. enter the command "SU".
    8. enter the command "strings -n 8 /dev/block/mmcblk0p6"

9. This should output a bunch of details as shown in the screenshot below
    unlockadb.png

unlockadb2.png

10. The 8 digit number above your IMEI is your unlock code. See post 2 on how to enter it. IF it only brings you a date and your IMEI. Then the unlock code is not present in your device. Move to Method 2 in Post 1

To unlock your GSM phone with the unlock code follow these simple steps:

1. Power on your Sensation with a SIM card from an unsupported network/carrier/provider.
    2. If asked, enter the PIN code of your SIM Card.
    3. Enter unlock code when prompted!

FOR DUAL CDMA
    How to enter the code in dual CDMA - GSM/LTE HTC Phones

1. Power on your Sensation with a SIM card from an unsupported network/carrier/provider.
    2. Phone will tell you to insert an allowed SIM card and that the phone will switch back to CDMA mode.
    3. Click OK.
    4. Click green button to get to the main screen of the phone.
    5. Click on settings.
    6. Click on all settings.
    7. In the personal tab click on security.
    8. The phone will ask you to enter the unlock code. Enter it. Done
    SIM/Carrier Unlock on a 1.2x (ICS) Hboot

xl VipeR lx please link to this post in the OP.

The PG58GIAG file cannot be used on a 1.2x Hboot.
    This is most likely because of the change in partitions in the newer Hboots.
    For method 2 to work, you need a GB Hboot i.e Hboot ≤1.18.

NOTE:
    • This method will erase your phone's data (apps, settings, sms, etc.) !
      Make a Nandroid backup from recovery before doing this & restore the backup later if you don't want to lose your data.
    • This process is permanent, & non reversible.
    • Your CID will be changed to 11111111 & MID will be changed to PG58*****

So for anyone on a 1.2x Hboot looking to Carrier Unlock by clearing S-58 data, here's what you do:
    • Download the 1.17 firmware for your device from the User Friendly Firmware thread.
    • Follow the instructions in the thread to flash the firmware.
    • Remove the SD Card & get rid of the PG58IMG.zip & put this PG58DIAG.nbh [Mirrors at the end of the post] on your SD Card. (You need to use a card reader or use the method at the end of the post)
    • Reboot to the bootloader & clear S-58 data by selecting appropriate options.
    • Once data has been wiped, pull out the battery to power off the phone & exit from the diag.
    • Remove the SD Card & get rid of the PG58IMG.zip. (You need to use a card reader or use the method at the end of the post)
    • Download the 3.32 firmware for your device from the User Friendly Firmware thread.
    • Follow the instructions in the thread to flash the firmware.

It is possible to do this without a card reader.
    • Once the PG58IMG.zip is flashed, remove the SD Card.
    • Pull out the battery & reinsert it.
    • Hold vol dow & power
    • Select Recovery
    • Put the SD Card in
    • mount /sdcard
    • Then use the toggle USB storage option to mount as a disk drive.

Hope this helps.
    You hook it up again bro! I love your guides! Noobproof for sure.
    I think there's a much simpler way to get the unlock code without dumping and searching files. From an adb shell or terminal emulator, just use this command (copy and paste it!) to print out the unlock code and IMEI:

Code:
    strings -n 8 /dev/block/mmcblk0p6 | grep -B 1 "^35"

If you don't find it, you could always run the same command on mmcblk0p4 and mmcblk0p16.

Thanks, this works great and much easier. The OP should put this up in the first page as the main option of doing it.

Since mine doesn't have the unlock code, this only pulled the date and IMEI, not the 8-digit that matters. :(

For those trying this, type su and hit enter/return first. Once you've gone from $ to # in your prompt, then type in the line above.