[Q] Samsung Conquer 4G Root?

Search This thread

chrystal0925

Apr 18, 2010
Not that i have noticed but im just running the power mod not the status bar mod. and thanks for that by the way i forgot to thank you eairlier

Ok i told him not to use the widget port ill take links down so no confusion and your welcome i have a Rom thread I'll probably just post there since i started it if u wanna head there from now?

Sent from my SGH-T679 using XDA App

Kortekn

Nov 12, 2011
Chicago
Conquer 4G Stock 2.3.4 ROM

I am looking for a stock 2.3.4 Samsung Conquer ROM, it does not have to be rooted. I currently work testing Sprint's new Net Vision sites and our test phones pulled an OTA update to FC17 (Android 2.3.6) and we can no longer change our PRL's manually to test the new sites. I've not been able to find any 2.3.4 ROM's anywhere and I'm hoping the dev community can help.

Also, Sprint and Samsung have been no help so far. We also have other Conquers that are still on 2.3.4, so if there is a procedure to pull a nandroid backup or copy of 2.3.4 from those phones and flash them on the 2.3.6 phones, I'd appreciate someone letting me know how to do that as well.

chrystal0925

Apr 18, 2010
I am looking for a stock 2.3.4 Samsung Conquer ROM, it does not have to be rooted. I currently work testing Sprint's new Net Vision sites and our test phones pulled an OTA update to FC17 (Android 2.3.6) and we can no longer change our PRL's manually to test the new sites. I've not been able to find any 2.3.4 ROM's anywhere and I'm hoping the dev community can help.

Also, Sprint and Samsung have been no help so far. We also have other Conquers that are still on 2.3.4, so if there is a procedure to pull a nandroid backup or copy of 2.3.4 from those phones and flash them on the 2.3.6 phones, I'd appreciate someone letting me know how to do that as well.

just root those phones install clockwork mod recovery and back up.. you would have to root the other phones and install recovery aswell to restore those theres links and files in this thread search back a bit for the links this phone dont have development so not much luck finding anything else

Sent from my SGH-T679 using XDA App

brienj

Feb 24, 2009
Louisville, KY

I'm going to be making a stock EC15 nandroid image soon to help you out, so you'll just have to get CWM on your phone with one of the methods around, then restore the system part of the nandroid backup I will be making. I'll post a new thread with it when I get it finished and post the link here.

Kortekn

Nov 12, 2011
Chicago
I'm going to be making a stock EC15 nandroid image soon to help you out, so you'll just have to get CWM on your phone with one of the methods around, then restore the system part of the nandroid backup I will be making. I'll post a new thread with it when I get it finished and post the link here.

That would be great, I've already gotten the phones rooted with the latest CWM using Odin, so if you could make that EC15 ROM that would solve all our problems. Really appreciate the help.

Kortekn

Nov 12, 2011
Chicago
*UPDATE* We have secured a copy of Samsung PST with the Conquer framework that has allowed us to push both software and PRL directly into the device without needing any work arounds. Thanks you guys for the offers of assistance.

hensleyj6

Jun 16, 2012
stock

Where can i get a complete stock flash? I am wanting to remove cwm, and everything from my phone and go back to stock. please help

New2ThaDroid

Jul 1, 2012
Owensboro
Rom

Crystal can you make another rom but with go launcher as the default launcher. and see if you can do something to improve battery maybe. on ur other rom, my data is constantly saying roaming. i do like the rom though love the look. love the power mod. thank you. you did great :good:

chrystal0925

Apr 18, 2010
Crystal can you make another rom but with go launcher as the default launcher. and see if you can do something to improve battery maybe. on ur other rom, my data is constantly saying roaming. i do like the rom though love the look. love the power mod. thank you. you did great :good:

Not sure why on the roaming I know sprints updating towers.. haven't heard any complaints on that till now you can use go launcher by default just install it and delete adw from system/app if you want it to update from market keep it in data/app I'll see what tweaks will work with battery thanks! Post on my forum though ;)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I made a new All-In-One Package now for everyone to use and posted the complete Tutorial with ALL files you will need, plus one less step here -
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1610534
    Just a quick update on this. I am currently working on making a odin image for all the people that lost root. You can reboot the device into download mode with adb and then use the image I make. I haven't figured out the key presses for download mode yet, but if your phone isn't bricked, you will at least be able to use adb to do it. :)

I will definitely be able to make a EG15 image that won't ever ask to be updated, but I am going to try and get everyone an updated FC17 image. I'm currently working on removing things from the update that need removed to make sure I keep clockwork and root. My ROM is also deodexed, and the update is for a ROM with odex files, so I have to work on restoring it back to stock to apply the update. Not all hope is lost for those that lost root, I'll help you all.
    thankx brienj.........i did 1 step and i copy the 2 files inside sd card but canot go to recovery mode?help be appreciated thankx again

Did you follow the new tutorial I wrote. Use the new file and new instructions. It will do it all for you in one step now, and the recovery will work correctly for sure.
    OK well thanx for the info. guess I'm not getting my root back since I can not find stock Odin image and stock ops file.

Sent from my SPH-D600 using xda premium

Once again, it was posted EXACTLY three posts before your post asking for it.

Phr3d13's post that was right before mine.
    ops file in the FIXED file package, then press the PDA button and select the Odin image in this package. Press the Start button getting error invalid image type?thankx for help be appreciated

It even says the stock FC17 image is invalid when you load it, and you should already know this when you updated the phone to a stock image. ;)

It works just fine though, but if you have a phone updated to FC17 by the OTA update, as it says in the instructions, you MUST do step 1 and install the STOCK FC17 image, the UPDATED FC17 will NOT work with this.

---------- Post added at 10:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:58 PM ----------

where do i find the stock odin file and stock oops files i need?

sorry everyone im pritty new to this.

It was posted exactly three posts before your post.