[ROM][4.2.2][5/29/2013] BeanStalk 1.225

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

mrnv45

Sep 14, 2009
still having a camera problem.

when clicking menu buttons i freeze up.. this time i made it into settings still get that CANT CONNECT TO CAMERA and have to restart..

Also Wifi either doesn't pick up strong.. or dont work at all..

ayysir

Aug 30, 2011
Bronx, NY
Does this ROM have any kind of volume hack??? I am looking for a ROM that is loud as loud is allowed without blowing ones speaker. I saw a volume hack zip on here somewhere but it doesn't seem to work with wicked (one of favorite roms).
asdk infused has my kernel with faux sound in there. which has a init.d that sets volume. so its pretty loud

ayysir

Aug 30, 2011
Bronx, NY
still having a camera problem.

when clicking menu buttons i freeze up.. this time i made it into settings still get that CANT CONNECT TO CAMERA and have to restart..

Also Wifi either doesn't pick up strong.. or dont work at all..
I am not having camera problems but i will check it out. Wifi is also good for me

Reactions: steeleain

LuigiBull23

Jan 22, 2013
Holyoke
I am not having camera problems but i will check it out. Wifi is also good for me

I was also getting the same camera issue but took matters into my own hands rather than reporting it. I simply flashed a 3rd party 4.2.2 camera and it works perfectly. The only minor issue I have found is transparency settings not sticking after a reboot. Besides that everything else seems to be working fine so far.

Sent from my HTC One using xda premium

mrnv45

Sep 14, 2009
what camera did you install? and how would i do that on my MAC cause some stuff like that requires adb unless its a .apk or .zip to flash..

cause i ended up coming back to 4.1.2 Universal s4 rom.

LuigiBull23

Jan 22, 2013
Holyoke
would the DEVELOPER be able to replace his camera with this one to make it work fully?

do your HDR settings.. and menu buttons work? i changed camera quality from HIGH to FINE (SUPER) whatever it is and it froze there too... wasnt just HDR.

He can but you'd need to ask him. I'm in no position to answer that.
Everything in this 3rd party camera works fine for me.

Sent from my HTC One using xda premium

ayysir

Aug 30, 2011
Bronx, NY
I can pull a different camera app from a different repo. Likely cms but I'll see how that goes. I've been working PA rom lately

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    banner4.jpg

I am proud to present to you BeanStalk Builds put together by myself. This is a build composed off of the CM10.1 builds and i have added alot of features on top of it. So you get speed, stability, and ultra customization ability. Many of the additional code additions came from slim ROM and also Derteufels build and have been modified to work with my current setup. A huge thanks to Derteufel and the Slim ROM guys for their work and dedication. Also a big thanks to everyone involved with CM as that is the building stone in this project. Thanks to skyliner33v for the bootanimation and upcoming wallpapers!

I plan on updating this and adding features on a pretty regular basis, so if you happen to like this, keep checking back.

Like what you see? Click the thanks button or Donate to scott.hart.bti by clicking HERE

Interested in Porting/Building BeanStalk on another device? Check out Post #3!
    D2tmo related details/information Check out Post #4!

Feature List.... Its a long one and growing every day!
    • CM based
    • Lockscreen background options (Color fill, Custom image, Transparent)
    • Customizable Lockscreen text color
    • Lockscreen rotation
    • Option to enable all widgets
    • Minimize lockscreen challange
    • Use widget carousel
    • Slider Shortcuts
    • Static Lockscreen shortcuts
    • Lockscreen button actions
    • LCD Density
    • Scroll elasticity options
    • Default App grip option
    • Custom Carrier label
    • Dual Pane options
    • Customizable boot animation (off, default, set your own bootanimation)
    • Custom original BeanStalk Wallpapers by skyliner33v
    • Custom BeanStalk bootanimation by skyliner33v
    • Status bar color and transparency
    • Clock and date options which includes color, location, style
    • Signal Styles which include color and text instead of icons, alternate GB signal layout, hide signal icons
    • Breathing SMS option
    • Battery styles - Includes specific colors and styles. Also includes battery bar
    • Do not disturb option
    • Show notification count
    • Pie controls (need to have lockscreen background set to something other then default to work correctly (dont ask why) )
    • Fully customizable navigation bar - Includes style, layout, color, nav rings, pretty much everything you can think of.
    • Quick settings color settings, tiles per row, Quick pulldown, text color
    • Notification shortcuts, behaviour, drawer style (customizable colors), toggle colors, longpress quicksettings icon to enable/disable toggles
    • Keyboard and input method options which include disable full screen keyboard and auto rotate
    • Kil app back button with customizable timeout values
    • High end graphic effects option
    • option to disable/enable vibrate on expand for notifications alerts
    • Low battery warning customizable options
    • Recents RAM bar fully customizable with color styles
    • Clock widget for LockClock including extra options to fully customize every feature of the lockclock
    • Build.prop MOD options to enable/disable tweaks as preferred
    • Less frequent Notification sounds options
    • CRT screen off/on options to specify how the animation shows
    • Enable/disable wake up on charge option
    • Superuser fully embedded into the build and accessed from settings menu
    • CM Performance options and features
    • About BeanStalk option with links to github source and facebook for beanstalk. Also links to my twitter and donate.
    • insane amount of edits/tweaks/fixes to make this build absolutely fly
    • option to use a fully themable MMS packages. You can access from mms - settings - theme settings
    • Numerous other options hidding throughout the build

Screenshot_2013-01-18-03-14-08.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-01-18-03-05-51.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-01-18-03-08-04.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-01-18-03-10-19.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-01-18-03-12-12.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-01-18-03-12-41.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-01-18-03-14-25.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-01-18-03-14-32.jpg

Trouble Alerts/Workarounds:
    None

GAPPs:
    GAPPs 20130301

Stock Version Downloads:
    Size: 174.81 MB (183305584 bytes)
    MD5: 08f2c716f7ca3ac3bd496c721ad288c8
    Download Link: http://d-h.st/WhR

ASDK Infused Version Downloads:
    Size:
    MD5: coming in a few
    Download Link: coming in a few

***Please keep in mind that this is the initial release and bugs are to be expected. I am working on this myself and do not have a team that is helping me. Before reporting bugs, please make sure you verify everything on your end and make sure you do a full wipe and format first to make sure it is a legitimate issue. Im going to say this once and only once... I am doing this for fun. It is my CHOICE to share my work with everyone. If you decide that you do not like my work, good for you.. Move on and flash something else. I will not tolerate ungrateful people in my thread.***

Instructions

Coming from Gingerbread(2.3) or ICS(4.0)
    • Obtain CWM,TWRP
    • CWM/TWRP: Wipe Cache / Factory Reset
    • Install ROM
    • ... The package will start to install..
    • ... Phone will reboot into the install screen again...
    • ... Continue to install [Automatically] If not manually flash again
    • ... Phone will reboot again and be at the recovery screen...
    • Install Gapps
    • CWM/TWRP: Wipe Cache Partition
    • CWM/TWRP: Advanced/Wipe Dalvik Cache
    • Reboot

Coming from JB(4.1)
    • CWM/TWRP: Wipe Cache / Factory Reset Note: You should be fine without this step, but it is HIGHLY recommended as it makes certain all bugs are wiped clean.
    • Install ROM
    • Install Gapps from link above
    • CWM/TWRP: Wipe Cache Partition
    • CWM/TWRP: Advanced/Wipe Dalvik Cache
    • Reboot

SlimROM source can be found HERE
    DerTeufel's source can be found HERE
    BeanStalk source can be found HERE
    Change Log:

BeanStalk 1.225 - 5/19/2013
    * App sidebar option (When active, trigger is on left hand side) (Thanks CHAOS!)
    * Custom progress dialog used for reboots, shutdowns, and upgrading boxes.
    * Fix notification LED behaviour
    * Change preload time for recents display
    * Always show settings button option on notification drawer
    * Gesture navigation options (Thanks Sbrady!)
    * Option to force keyboard to show an enter key
    * Option to set custom notification for individual contacts
    * Donate option added to bottom of about phone layout... Just incase people are feeling generous... *

BeanStalk 1.215 - 4/28/2013 - MTD
    * Numerous changes to PIE again - Thanks slimrom
    * Contact icon added to lockscreen drawables
    * QS toggle added
    * Power connect/disconnect options*
    * Option to use volume keys to control media volume anytime
    * added support for multiple keyevents
    * Overlay added to fix dock audio for select legacy devices (Fixed dock audio for infuse)
    * Panel auto brightness config added
    * Numerous fixes to recents animations
    * Pull down status bar options for full screen modes
    * Auto hide status bar options
    * Second layer PIE option
    * New BeanStalk drawable icons thanks to skyliner33v!
    * MMS custom user agent options
    * Notification expansion options for Phone
    * Numerous additions/changes to Phone blacklisting options
    * Added Nova Launcher
    * Added smart control option to camera
    * Numerous fixes and improvements throughout the build

BeanStalk 1.205 - 4/28/2013 - MTD
    * Added permission manager from Chamelon OS - Settings - permissions
    * Reverted purgable assets enabled by default (allow user to decide)
    * Fixed tweak script... actually works now. (automatically runs)
    * Added BeanStalk banner to settings - about phone
    * Option to control media scanner behavior (good for battery/boot time) - developer options - mediascanner
    * Music Tiile added
    * Fixed adb (atleast working for me anyways)
    * Fixes/improvements throughtout the build
    * Latest CM sources merged in[/QUOTE]
    So your interested in Building/Porting for another device?! Follow this guide! **Please make sure to give proper credits and Use the layout i have in the first post.** - If you need assistance, please send me a PM, do NOT post questions in this thread. I may open a general porting/building thread in another section depending on how this goes. You must have some general experience/knowledge in this area to complete this. Building from Linux platforms. In particular Ubuntu 10.04

Setup to build - This section can be skipped if youve ever built anything before. This is for first time build setup.
    1. From your root terminal location, type the following: sudo apt-get install curl git-core gnupg flex bison gperf libsdl1.2-dev libesd0-dev libwxgtk2.6-dev squashfs-tools build-essential zip curl libncurses5-dev zlib1g-dev sun-java6-jdk pngcrush schedtool g++-multilib lib32z1-dev lib32ncurses5-dev lib32readline5-dev gcc-4.3-multilib g++-4.3-multilib
    2. Type: mkdir ~/bin
    3. Type: PATH=~/bin:$PATH
    4. Type: curl https://dl-ssl.google.com/dl/googlesource/git-repo/repo > ~/bin/repo
    5. Type: chmod a+x ~/bin/repo

From terminal
    1. type 'cd'. This will bring you to your root folder.
    2. type 'mkdir beanstalk'. This will create a folder named beanstalk.
    3. type 'cd beanstalk'. This will take you to the beanstalk directory created from previous step
    4. type 'repo init -u git://github.com/scotthartbti/android.git -b cm-10.1'. This will setup the folders to be synced.
    5. type 'repo sync'. This will sync the folders to your beanstalk directory. Note - This will take some time depending on internet connection. Be patient!
    6. After the repo sync finally finishes, all you need to do is add your device, kernel, vendor specific files for the device you are building for. (You must know what these are, dont bother asking me if your not sure.)
    7. Make sure all your device specific files are setup as if you were going to build for CM.
    8. Outside of terminal, navigate to beanstalk/vendor/cm. Double click on the get-prebuilts file and select run in terminal. This will fetch necessary files needed to build and place them where they need to be.
    9. Type '. build/envsetup.sh && brunch "device name"'
    10. Previous step will start building beanstalk for your device. The process takes anywhere from 1 - 3 hours depending on your computer.
    11. Once completed, it will say package complete and you will have a beanstalk named zip file in your out folder
    New build compiling hopefully it succeeds if it does then new build in the morning

New version is out, shall be considered compiling a new build in the morning. I've been busy trying to compile pa rom for gs3